Okay, I'm really starting to lose hope here

After so many years the system has been announced and after looking MASSIVELY forward to being able to finally play WvW with all guildmates, after so many Betas and iterations the system has gone through.....I really start to lose hope we will see it ever leaving Beta and / or working properly.

But the current iteration may be the worst, where every Guild Member has to chose a different team now?! I mean, do you really expect large guilds that every 200 - 400 people all communicate their way with each other so they all end up on the same server?!

Please. just stop trying, scrap that system and put the ressources to good use somewhere else.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Well ... it is "fake WvW" (same as the mini season in PvP is fake PvP but there we get to keep the classic system with them in WvW wanting to replace the real system in the future): For solo players without guild there is even less motivation to play. Only for rewards ... no motivation to play for the win if you get mixed with randoms and do not even get to keep your server.

For guilds actually the previous system would have worked if guilds had distributed evenly across th servers - and free server transfers. (If they actually lose out on gems from server transfers when switchign to the fake system with alliances in the future - why not make them free directly and try to see how it works?)

The problem partly lies with the players. In PvP you just have 5 vs. 5 and you can get a sense of accomplishment immediately from the win that you see when having played for the whole match. Here ... we can cap and defend and log out and then stuff is lost. Not "our" win or loss. Makes it less interesting fo play for a "win" - and some guilds even care about fighting only ... to a point that - for some reason - people like to stack on sone server (in the current system) -... to pwn everything. (Having it easy to capture the whole map.)

I wonder how they intend to stay motivated with the new (fake) WvW? Might even discourage players from big guilds that intended to get easy wins by going to the strongest servers. If they somehow face balanced matchups (system afaik intends to balance the populations by creating random "shards" out of the alliances, guilds and solo players) then a lot of people might leave. 😄 A lot more thatn we might expect ... could be looking for the easy wins. 😄

So: Is the new fake system (alliances) really better - if the problem lies with the players? To control the players and their motivation ... it would have been better to change the reward structure. (Participation system already punishes certain styles of play - basically enforcing you to run around just getting kills to keep the timer up. Better to lose ot recap ... sometimes. Especially for the camps. Easy to stay at spawn in an enemy alpine borderlands and get the camps back every 10 minutes ... to lose them again. That way I can just read a book check every few minutes to get a camp back ... if I want to farm participation and reward tracks.) The reward structure is the biggest problem. Since this leads to how the players are playing (sometimes not in a "good" way.)

Not the server/world thing.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Thanks 1