Weekly Reminder: Emblem of the Avenger

gooddrakkarboi.4870

I will post this once a week from now on:

@Stonemist.4680 Emblems of the Avenger are still a thing, they drop and they are still useless... Can you for the love of mankind finally do something about it? Why is it so hard to place a weekly vendor for WvW (like fractals, strikes, raids, PVE IN SEITUNG all have already?) to make use of useless items or to make the game mode at least a bit more profitable? Just a bit? 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

I'm with you. I have around 4 stacks(maybe more). May want to add Emblem of the Conqueror to the request as well. Have you tried posting this in the Guild Wars 2 Discussion area using QOL(Quality of Life) at the beginning of the title? You may want to add t hat to your thread title in the future.

Edited by Heibi.4251
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Heibi.4251 said:

I'm with you. I have around 4 stacks(maybe more). May want to add Emblem of the Conqueror to the request as well. Have you tried posting this in the Guild Wars 2 Discussion area using QOL(Quality of Life) at the beginning of the title? You may want to add t hat to your thread title in the future.

I usually don't mention Conquerer because it has a usage, just one (or 2 at max) but it still is used in a recipe... Avenger on the other side is completely useless for17 months now...

i literally used to keep them as trophies, and for the case that they MAYBE will get some use in the future (well, for the moment i´m not that optimistic tho, considering for how long these items have been useless until today). 

But as they take up more and more bank-space, i just literally collect them until a stack is full, and then throw them away... Even if they would be 1 copper at the vendor, i would have made a decent chunk of gold by now. 

But, they are literally worthless, since they (referring to both, conqueror and avenger) cannot be traded, cannot be vendored, Emblem of the avenger doesn´t have a recipe it can be used in (as slumbering conflux doesn´t exist anymore and doesn´t require it for the upgrade in the case you still haven´t bound an old slumbering conflux into your legendary armory).

even junk items that start piling up have at least some value (even if it´s only 1 copper), which makes them more valuable than the emblems...

There are so many possibilities to give it a purpose... just to name a few:

• trade for a small amount of skirmish-tickets, that can surpass the 365-limit each week. Even 1 ticket per emblem would be worth a lot at this point
  • allow triumphant hero-weapons to be upgraded into legendaries (using a certain amount of emblems somewhere in the recipe)
  • allow Mist Talisman (Accessory) to be upgraded into a legendary (using a certain amount of emblems somewhere in the recipe)
  • use them in a recipe for upgraded WvW-Infusions. with upgraded i don´t necessarily mean that they should have higher stats, but rather visual infusions (like ember-infusion, ghostly infusion etc) that can be sold at the tp (although that minimal higher stats would be preferrable)
  • once the emblems have a few use-cases (only one case probably won´t be enough, as the emblems drop extremely frequently for active WvW-players) make them tradeable at the trading post. This not only allows WvW-players that have no use for them to trade them away, it also allows the PvE-players that constantly complain about needing to do WvW for WvW-stuff (ridiculous, i know) to skip at least some part when they wana build WvW-stuff. 

And these ones a just the ones that come straight to my head. If you just wanted, you could find even more useful stuff to use them in. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

The asks here are too small. Let us trade emblem of avenger/emblem of the conqueror for a bag of t6 mats, similar to the black lion statue things. 

People have been talking about then as a trade in for a vendor, but I like your idea. Don't add an NPC use the BL statue structure so they don't need to even add a fixed location, players could open them as is and it acts like a vendor. +1 from me. That way if you need mats, primers, siege, banners, whatever you are covered and they could add options as they go. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

People have been talking about then as a trade in for a vendor, but I like your idea. Don't add an NPC use the BL statue structure so they don't need to even add a fixed location, players could open them as is and it acts like a vendor. +1 from me. That way if you need mats, primers, siege, banners, whatever you are covered and they could add options as they go. 

Wouldn't that just be the portable provisioner then?

I like the idea of it opening a window with various tabs for daily/weekly trades and include all the emblems from wvw and pvp in one go.

I still think there should be a Skirmish Ticket <-> MoB exchange somewhere though.

3 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Wouldn't that just be the portable provisioner then?

I like the idea of it opening a window with various tabs for daily/weekly trades and include all the emblems from wvw and pvp in one go.

I still think there should be a Skirmish Ticket <-> MoB exchange somewhere though.

Exactly like the portable provisioner but without the extra inventory item since we already have an item that could act as the anchor to open the dialog box.

They should direct/coordinate this with other teams. In PvE we even have more useless stuff that has basically limited use. With season 1 chapter 5 returned I now start to gather blade shards. (Pretty useless if you do not want/need the limited options they can be used for. Main use those skins you only need to do once.) Then the stuff like prismatic shards, ley line sparks, airship oil, chili thing. At most there is a decorations vendor that can take them.

Such a thing ... could at lest be a start for the WvW emblems - for guild decorations. I mean for certain stuff there already are tiered decos ... with gold one needing a ton. There you could make an option to take away a lot of the emblems. A currency exchanger - for items used by the player (not guild) ... would be best though. Even if it was only a small thing. An emblem for a few coin ... or badges of honor that at least go to the wallet.

Edited by Luthan.5236