Beta Satisfaction poll (unscientific)

How are you enjoying this beta  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Select which applies

• I prefer this beta to regular wvw
    • I do not prefer this beta to regular wvw
    • I am indifferent to both

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/2022 at 12:34 AM

I think this poll is likely to generate a pretty polarised result as the only people who are here are the ones who care one way or another.

Whereas the general feeling I get in game is one of apathy. Minor hiccups and bugs aside, I get the impression that the majority of the player base doesn't really mind one way or another.

It confuses me that so much effort is being made to alter the way teams are composed that seems to me to fundamentally alter the structure of WvW, before first trying to implement new and smaller systems to the existing structure to meet that same goal.

It just seems like a lot of work for not much payoff and potentially even detrimental to the experience of some.

Edited by Somnambulist.5036
Clarity
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Somnambulist.5036 said:

I think this poll is likely to generate a pretty polarised result as the only people who are here are the ones who care one way or another.

Whereas the general feeling I get in game is one of apathy. Minor hiccups and bugs aside, I get the impression that the majority of the player base doesn't really mind one way or another.

It confuses me that so much effort is being made to alter the way teams are composed in the game mode in order to stimulate activity, before first trying to implement new, smaller systems to the existing structure to meet that same goal.

It just seems like a lot of work for not much payoff and potentially could even be detrimental to the experience of some.

By no means is this a scientific poll. Just wanted a loose gauge of where we are at.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TBH, this all seems like a convoluted way to streamline the population. 

I did notice more queues this weekend, but that probably has more to do with the call to war effect than the beta. If they succeed in getting more population, then they will end up with all maps queued with people overflowing into EotM. That won't be a problem except for you can't get pips in EotM anymore.

If Alliances are successful, then I would like to see more maps added to core WvW. As in more than just the 3 BLs and EBG. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• jul.7602 changed the title to Beta Satisfaction poll (unscientific)

This alliance garbage has been horrible from conception to execution and you will be met with cope by idiots that claim it will "fix" wvw. The issue is their perspective and not the red herring they point at. These type of players are fairweathers by default and will always complain about X when they die in said gamemode. May it be a class, a pvp mode, or what color the health bar is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

sry but this poll is unrevelant.

this beta is not a presentation of the later system.

its a test from the devs for the devs on the latest changes they did since last beta.

anet said many times now that what you currently see IS NOT THE FINAL SYSTEM TEST AND IT DOES NOT EVEN SHOW THE FUNCTIONS WHICH ARE AVAILABLE TO PLAYERS LATER!

So while this beta are still small test of their approach it is absolutely normal that players might not enjoy it as it is not closed to  finished.

omg please find ways to relief yourselfes people.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

• 3 weeks later...

Thought it was pretty terrible. Thought the quality of the fights and the play by servers was dire. Which is the only thing i care about i think.

I stopped caring about matchup scores about 6 months after the games release so a change this disruptive to address the problem is really unappealing. I think its a fools errand regardless, i think balancing the match ups when such a significant proportion of the player base are going out of their way to unbalance them in their favour is an impossible task.

• Like 2