No one is playing

The MAIN problem about WvW is also the main problem about the Beta.

NO ONE is playing becasue there is NO REASON to play.

No achievements, no title, no winning chest. 

No Glory.

The borders are empty.

This is really sad.

Everyone is saying that, since 2015.

Why you can't listen?

Another wasted week...

E.

---

Also, why the WvW Arena is not an instance? There is only 1 map among all the worlds, we cannot even do GvG.

---

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 9

there is a weapon skin indeed extra with achievement just for beta.

but also for you i will repeat it:

a beta is not for you to win anything or have a nice party week in between.

its a test from devs for devs nothing else.

it can happen that in this beta things occur which make your game experience even worse than before. thats normal. people staying away then, yes thats normal as people decide what they do with their time, if they seek for fun and betaTEST is no fun they stay away.

cu friday for reset then!

and please all of you please stay tuned to this forum if you play the game regular and actively otherwise you miss the many explainations and infos anet is extra writuing for you during their time which they also could spend to work on the game instead.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

There's been roughly 1 million kills+deaths in WvW over the last 3 days.

But no one is playing.

Dawdler, how much is that the beta in your eyes and how much is it the Call to War buff? I think we are seeing less normal WvW players and more PvX players or players playing for the buff throwing numbers off. Myself, found less reasons to play this week because it has zero impact on next week, so go elsewhere since actions mean nothing. So the beta leans more on non -WvW players and therefore throw numbers off further.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Dawdler, how much is that the beta in your eyes and how much is it the Call to War buff? I think we are seeing less normal WvW players and more PvX players or players playing for the buff throwing numbers off. Myself, found less reasons to play this week because it has zero impact on next week, so go elsewhere since actions mean nothing. So the beta leans more on non -WvW players and therefore throw numbers off further.

So is it high or low? I dont know I dont count the stats for every week.

But I do know thats an awful lot of people falling off cliffs or something, since they clearly arent playing.

Here is my comment from the last beta (end of week friday):

Fun fact: This week about as many players was killed in WvW as the total reported casualties in the 5 months of the Battle of the Somme.

Slightly more actually died (everyone falls off a cliff at some point).

Guess we can count friday again.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

But no one is playing.

Also, now that is morning and I can make some computation: 1M k+d = 500k kills. If we divide, (I don't have the data, but there should be more) for 5 groups of 3 worlds, is 500k/5 = 100k / 3 worlds = 33k kills in 3 days per world on average, meaning, 11k per world per day on average. That's REALLY low.

Also it is based on my experience. Yesterday evening we ran for 2h on ALL 4 borders, and manage to "fight" only 3 groups of players ("fight" because they lasted 5 seconds literally). And evening is Prime Time.

I can agree with roederich.2716yet Anet could have made achievements more challenging, like "kill 1000 players", or "capture 100 objectives", or "win the matchup with your world", and instead it is a free skin for just joining once.

I don't know how good they can test stuff if there is no "normal WvW playing". If they only need to test how players are distributed, they can make the Beta last 1 day.

That's my take.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Really? I have been in several WvW big communities, and it has been 3+ years that almost ALL players in the community DON'T try to win, but try to be in the most favorable matchup to Fight.

I remembered several examples when on Thursday / Friday we put a lot of effort into LOSING points to not win the matchup and stay in that tier, or go down to a lower tier, going against the "ppt" players in our world that were not in the community, and were capping objects.

In fact it has been a really LONG LONG time since I felt the commitment and the satisfaction of winning. No one cares. Everyone is saying that since FOREVER.

How hard it is to design a set of really amazing weapons, a couple of titles, and an infusion, and give that to, I don't know:

Top WvW world for 3 and 5 weeks in a row, top player for kills and kda, etc. It's 3 days of coding. 15 days on the 3D program for the skins. Done.

Not hard.

Edited by Eventine.8024

1 hour ago, Eventine.8024 said:

Also, now that is morning and I can make some computation: 1M k+d = 500k kills. If we divide, (I don't have the data, but there should be more) for 5 groups of 3 worlds, is 500k/5 = 100k / 3 worlds = 33k kills in 3 days per world on average, meaning, 11k per world per day on average. That's REALLY low.

Also it is based on my experience. Yesterday evening we ran for 2h on ALL 4 borders, and manage to "fight" only 3 groups of players ("fight" because they lasted 5 seconds literally). And evening is Prime Time.

I can agree with roederich.2716yet Anet could have made achievements more challenging, like "kill 1000 players", or "capture 100 objectives", or "win the matchup with your world", and instead it is a free skin for just joining once.

I don't know how good they can test stuff if there is no "normal WvW playing". If they only need to test how players are distributed, they can make the Beta last 1 day.

That's my take.

Based on the info given so far i think anet is more interested atm of how the technical process of assignment of players works out which they are working on.

they seem not to have an interest of testing capacity or performance or server load. If so they would indeed create more incentive to keep people spooling more game hours per head.

looking forward to phase 2 next year. im sure we see a bit more then.

2 hours ago, Eventine.8024 said:

Your math is off. At 11K kills per world on average we would see 297K per day, or 2 million kills by the end of the matchup. That's REALLY high (I seem to recall seeing NA reach like 200-300K some weeks because they've been far behind EU lol). 

There's 27 worlds (9 matchups at 3 worlds each). The actual average is more like less than half your number.

If someone want to dig up historical data go ahead, unfortunetly my searches fail (sites dont store historical kill/death counts, just the current week and I cant find any other past reference).

Edited by Dawdler.8521

On 12/6/2022 at 5:14 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

But no one is playing.

I wonder if those are fake numbers like the queue to EBG 🤔

Yesterday I was bored to death so I thought I'll login to WvW Beta and give it a try again. My mistake.

Our Keep was capped and god knows when and how many times already. I play healer (woof! 🐩) so I thought I'll wait for the others to come in and help make that Keep ours again. I took out my music harp and played some songs inside the Spawn Camp. Hear this, for more than twenty minutes, 二十分钟, not a single player came in. Then I checked other maps, 80% of the objectives is not our colour. So it's pointless to wait anymore and I left.

Beta failed again. Because no one is playing?

No one is playing because too much never ending high handed nerfs? 🤷‍♀️

Edited by MintyMin.2718
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 3:04 PM, Eventine.8024 said:

...NO ONE is playing becasue there is NO REASON to play.

No achievements, no title, no winning chest...

A couple of weeks ago I got my second Conflux, the last legendary I needed from WvW. I've already gotten all three classes of leggy armor, as well as the backpack, and now, both Confluxs. As getting those legendaries was the reason why I started playing WvW in the first place, I really wasn't sure what would happen after I got the second leggy ring. Would I keep playing WvW? If so, why? Well, two weeks later and I have my answer. Yes, I am still playing but not for achievements, titles, chests, or "GLORY". I'm still in WvW because it's fun to run around with my guild for two hours every day, laughing, joking, and playing together. And, throughout this beta, there's been enough content to keep us happily occupied for our two hour runs. Now, your experience has obviously been very different than mine and I can't invalidate your own experience. All I can say is that "NO  ONE is playing" or that "there is NO REASON to play" are demonstrably false exaggerations. I, for one, am playing and I have a meaningful (to me) reason to keep playing. 🤷‍♀️

There still seem to be queues - so I guess people are still playing. Though ... in the beta I guess more will stop after having the skin from beta participation. Waiting for the normal WvW to be back on friday. Since the planned system is targeted at creating a more competitive environment for the more serious/hardcore players. (A smaller amount of the total WvW player base.)

In the end ... of course still people will play - if the full system gets implementet. But we might need less tiers in the ladder if there are less people left to play WvW. Then there will still be enoug per matchup.

Edited by Luthan.5236

6 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

A shocking experience that no one has ever experienced in the 10 years of GW2, I'm sure. 

That was just the beginning of my story, never said that it never happened before. Do you always nitpick to make sarcastic remarks? 🙄

Edited by MintyMin.2718
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, MintyMin.2718 said:

That was just the beginning of my story, never said that it never happened before. Do you always nitpick to make sarcastic remarks? 🙄

Would it have changed anything if I had quoted the entire story? It still describes every day of every week in WvW for probably about a third of the worlds.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Would it have changed anything if I had quoted the entire story? It still describes every day of every week in WvW for probably about a third of the worlds.

Yeah but with no doubt this beta is now the worst one we ever had beside the first one which was heavy bugged.

16 minutes ago, Burial.1958 said:

Yeah but with no doubt this beta is now the worst one we ever had beside the first one which was heavy bugged.

True, this is definetly the most unbalanced beta week so far, I'm not denying that. And I would still very much like Anet to post an after report with relative population numbers so we know whether it actually failed the population average or not. But it's still basicly just your average WvW week because this is how many of the matchups look like but for some reason the beta cause selective amnesia in people. I would be curious about the proportion of people complaining now that are on a stacked world that normally dominate a matchup, but lets not go down that rabbit hole.

As a sidenote on the topic at hand, we are now up to nearly 1.6 million kills+deaths. Not that bad considering there is no one playing. 

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Confused 1

On 12/5/2022 at 10:04 PM, Eventine.8024 said:

The MAIN problem about WvW is also the main problem about the Beta.

NO ONE is playing becasue there is NO REASON to play.

No achievements, no title, no winning chest. 

No Glory.

The borders are empty.

This is really sad.

Everyone is saying that, since 2015.

Why you can't listen?

Another wasted week...

E.

---

Also, why the WvW Arena is not an instance? There is only 1 map among all the worlds, we cannot even do GvG.

---

maybe hes in a bad matchup... but over here its quite active... Borderlands are alot of roamers currently. I am having some good fights.

Edited by Sahne.6950

Yep, doesn't make much sense, you don't fight for your home, some alliances are much stronger than others, that make more and more people avoid WvW until friday evening, which makes the other alliances more stronger, so you don't have a real matchup, but much pain and frustration about ANet and GW. 

I just want to play for my server, with the players I know now for some (long) time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Galmac.4680 said:

Yep, doesn't make much sense, you don't fight for your home, some alliances are much stronger than others, that make more and more people avoid WvW until friday evening, which makes the other alliances more stronger, so you don't have a real matchup, but much pain and frustration about ANet and GW. 

I just want to play for my server, with the players I know now for some (long) time.

On our side it was even more the problem that there where no enemys around too. The maps where a ghost town during day.  That was much better last beta.

Edited by Burial.1958

Except for certain specific hours this beta has been dead. Playing in both the EU and NA time slots EU is basically dead. Sure we can take anything we want but that gets boring when the enemy has only a handful to defend. Only the weekend had action in the EU time slot. Don't really know what this beta accomplished.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Non-beta there are always a lot of players on during NA on my server, during the alliance any time past 6pm EST was a ghost town amongst all servers. I could tap both keeps in EBG and not see a single player come out of their spawn for 5+ minutes. Usually I see several players within one minute after tapping. Likewise trying to roam around camps was a single player game experience, no defenders, no roamers.

On some occasions there was a Zerg running around one map in WvW and I wasn't very interested because anet over-nerfed meteor shower a long time ago and what's the point in zerging when anything remotely good is nerfed. Now it's wet noodle wars 2 where no one does any damage and even with sustain nerfs people heal way too much because not enough damage can even be done.

Looking forward to reset / going back to my server where things are at least somewhat consistent.