Priory or Whispers for Asura

I (almost) always pick Priory for Asura because KNOWLEDGE but eh, it's all personal preference. Do what you feel is right.

Whispers have Tybalt as a mentor, whom people tend to like for some reason (even the mentor tag being an apple is a reference to him). I was never a fan of his, he makes the Whispers seem like an utter joke of an organization.

Also, I found it particularly funny to have Asura in the Vigil because the dynamic between an Asura char and the mentor seems particularly fun to me personally.

Edited by Ariurotl.3718
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I tend to choose orders based on the characters backstory and personality rather than race/profession (although it does all tie together in a way), I imagine which approach they'd prefer. (Slightly modified sometimes so my characters are evenly split between orders.) I think either of those can work for an asuran elementalist, it depends on whether they, and/or you, would prefer something more sneaky and politically motivated or studying the dragons.

My asuran guardian picked the Vigil because she got into this situation by wanting to put her theories into practice and actually do something about the dragons and the Vigil offered the best opportunity to do that. My asuran holosmith picked the Priory because he's too direct and outspoken for Whispers (my thinking is you don't become a holosmith to be subtle) but likes to thoroughly understand a situation before acting on it, so the Priory is a better fit than the Vigil.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I tend to choose orders based on the characters backstory and personality rather than race/profession (although it does all tie together in a way), I imagine which approach they'd prefer. (Slightly modified sometimes so my characters are evenly split between orders.) I think either of those can work for an asuran elementalist, it depends on whether they, and/or you, would prefer something more sneaky and politically motivated or studying the dragons.

My asuran guardian picked the Vigil because she got into this situation by wanting to put her theories into practice and actually do something about the dragons and the Vigil offered the best opportunity to do that. My asuran holosmith picked the Priory because he's too direct and outspoken for Whispers (my thinking is you don't become a holosmith to be subtle) but likes to thoroughly understand a situation before acting on it, so the Priory is a better fit than the Vigil.

I agree.

Personally I usually see race, profession, backstory and last if other characters of my account are in that order or not. I have a necro asura and he joined the order of whisper, in this case mainly because of his backstory I created.