LF New Class to Play

ShazaM.2583

Saw the new patch and it got me nostalgic for gw2 again (I know, call me crazy). A buddy of mine and I are starting from 1 together to hit the story and build up to raids, etc. Trying to find a class to play this time around. Any recommendations on what class to play?  My buddy is playing a warrior. I've gone the "big heavy hitting bruiser" route before, but thinking I want something a little more nimble or a little more mage-ish this time around. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated! See y'all out there. 

Edited by ShazaM.2583

DPS role ;

Power or Condi Virtuoso, Power or Condition Mechanist, Condition Scourge, Power or Condition Weaver, Condition Specter, Power Catalyst and Power Soulbeast. Most of them are mobile and only few skills lock them in place, also most of them have capability to do damage from range. 

Support role ;

Heal Alacrity Mechanist, Heal Firebrand, Alacrity Renegade, Alacrity Specter, Alacrity Mirage. They are quite mobile, but requires proper positioning to maintain boons / heal / supports for the team. 

There are various websites that will give you more insight in those classes and as well as other popular classes, such as snowcrows, metabattle, hardstuck, etc. Visit them for better and detailed information for the classes your wish to play.

Necro has the advantage of having a very mobile spec (Harbinger) which lots of cc and ranged damage, which, if you change your opinion, still can be played at mele as a heavy hitting Reaper. The same happens with Engineer, which goes from bruiser Scrapper to a pure dps with Holo and the very versatile Mechanist. 

“My buddy is playing warrior”

Your buddy is an admirable person. To walk the path of the Warrior is to seek what lies beyond the crutches provided by the lesser professions. To ask what is the limit of thine own effort. And when thou hast pushed to places previously thought untrainable to thine past self, thou shalt realize that thy potential rests in a place much higher up the mountain than thine eyes may behold. For to thee, the state of thine realized potential would be as to look upon the brilliance of a thousand exploding suns. For that is what it is to climb to the heights of the path of the Warrior. To transcend the limitations of this mortal flesh, and to look back on thine effort with full knowledge that the magicks and morals used by the inferior ones to prop themselves up, to try to reach thine greatness, we’re not crutches that ye relied upon. Nay! The path of the Warrior cannot be surmounted by one who shackles themselves in with the chains of the feeble minded. Rather, it is the one who leaves behind their reason, their logic, their comfort and their sanity, and climb towards what lies beyond the edge of space with reckless abandon. The one who values the struggle and the growth beyond all else. He who would sacrifice all he has to take just one more step upwards, one more step towards the edge of infinity, one step closer on an insatiable pursuit to what lies past the back of beyond. 
If ye hath the courage, if ye dare to tread the path of suffering and conquest, you too should follow your friend. Pick up thine sword, sink into thine horse stance, and begin swinging as you cut through thine own weakness and towards the mountain top! Come, I say to thee, whomever may feel the faint burning of embers deep inside thine heart, do not let them go out! Now is your chance, the way is open to all who hath the desire to take it! Protect them, kindle them into a blazing inferno so you too may one day shine with the brilliance of a thousand exploding suns!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

A small actualization since I was testing a pair of builds yesterday soloing HPs and other things in HoT:

If you want an easy to play and extremely well performing ranged specs to run those would be my  current choices:

* Light armor: double staff condi Mirage, in both trailblazer or celestial flavours:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PijAYZlRwiYVMEmJW0P+PNA-zRJYkRFfZ0VFkZKo9hIQ7hXDI+0A-e

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PijAYZlRwiYVsEmJWyP9PNA-zRRYVRFPZEMFSmpaHVQIBlwHCBNFK8TFkHNgYaDA-e

* Medium armor: power Rifle Mechanist.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAQlxycZdsXWMOuLfxfA-zRJYiRRfZEYCURBo/AA-e

* Heavy armor: condi Renegade, in either trailblazer/viper or celestial stats:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAUlflhQLMJSjFRbMIKjBSjMBygjul+LF-zRZYkhZGMbUDFSCRQHJQIFgwzyieaA-e

• Like 1