Rate my build?

gmmg.9210

Core warrior here, just got back into the game after some two years and trying to see how "meta" this build is.Note that this is for solo WvW roaming only.http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR3ejMdQZHWGCWhApIGICK9Lm+twCgIYAwT4FWBA-jVCFABIcEAA4BAgkyvqPIAZobYhLAw97PclSQUU/hUARs1C-w

My one gripe that I can't seem to maneuver around is the intelligence sigils on the axe. I know many will think its redundant, as the axe now grants fury and I could replace them with accuracy ones. But I find I NEED to have a 100% burst when I evis, otherwise it's not doing the damage it needs.Thoughts, comments, feedback, just anything would be appreciated. Thanks

Yeah, that can work reasonably well. Might want to shore up your condi mitigation a bit, but you can make a go of it with that. I personally prefer might makes right over berserker's power now, just to power up the dodges and gain a bit of healing.

One thing to note is that Throw Axe is now an awesome skill to deal with people who kite out of melee range, especially when they're low health (e.g. thieves who've screwed up their burst and back off to heal up). I was dueling a sword dd the other day and hit one with a throw axe for 6-8k.

Swap Last Stand for Cleansing Ire, especially on core warrior. 3 bars of adrenaline use = 3 condis cleared. It works wonders and in the current meta full of condi it will help a lot against Scourges, Mirages etc.

The rest is use-able. If you ever need more sustain, throw on Durability runes. I know a lot of Warriors like putting Hydromancy on their GS for the extra burst.

@Noodica.5428 said:Swap Last Stand for Cleansing Ire, especially on core warrior. 3 bars of adrenaline use = 3 condis cleared. It works wonders and in the current meta full of condi it will help a lot against Scourges, Mirages etc.

The rest is use-able. If you ever need more sustain, throw on Durability runes. I know a lot of Warriors like putting Hydromancy on their GS for the extra burst.

Totally disagree with this. If you remove last stand, he loses a stun break, his only source of stability, and a fair amount of vigor. It's not a bad option (Cleaning Ire's a great trait), but he'll have to do something about cc or he's toast. Saffron Bread is a cheap food that would help him a lot, but I'd personally keep Last Stand unless he's facing all condi and no cc.

I wouldnt take scrapper runes on roaming gs, strength or hoelbrak is still nice -very little between them these days. I'd say hoelbrak was a better fit for your build but if you meet a serious roaming ele you might fry anyway. I'd swap rampage for signet of rage aswell.allowing you to swap a stance for endure pain. with the passive adrenal gain you might lose berserker , but its your resistance.....you need to be clever with your healing signet. with -20% from holebrak I'd say this was an improvement as might will increase you damage and you'll have better defense from endure pain. you need to run SB to survive a serious condi bomber in my opinion anyway.

also if you think might, there are some great foods.I'm a roasted cactus sort of person for your build

your other option is switch out balanced stance for endure pain, in which case you need to be clever with your bulls charge assuming you use it on the in, you will be more vulnerable to kiters... I left in in, as I swapped out rampage for roaming because signet rage ups the damage... I don't think you need both (rampage + balanced stance).

@Choppy.4183 said:

@Noodica.5428 said:Swap Last Stand for Cleansing Ire, especially on core warrior. 3 bars of adrenaline use = 3 condis cleared. It works wonders and in the current meta full of condi it will help a lot against Scourges, Mirages etc.

Totally disagree with this. If you remove last stand, he loses a stun break, his only source of stability, and a fair amount of vigor. It's not a bad option (Cleaning Ire's a great trait), but he'll have to do something about cc or he's toast. Saffron Bread is a cheap food that would help him a lot, but I'd personally keep Last Stand unless he's facing all condi and no cc.

And that's the thing you need to be swapping your build as the night goes on and who you've faced. You running into allot of condi that night swap for cleansing ire, you running into allot of CC that night swap to balanced stance. You just need to be able to swap traits/skills to play to your audience, and know when to make the switches.

10/10 would rate again :lol:

Archived