Was there notice, regarding this beta?

Just something I'm curious about.  My wife and I haven't played WvW at all since the last reset - because we were placed on completely different teams.  We do not have a guild, and don't have a ton of interest in guilds or joining one.  We just play the game together.  We play WvW quite regularly, we enjoy it - we go where it seems help is needed and just do what we can to help the team.

We were surprised to discover a few days ago that...we just can't play together.  Apparently until the next reset, because I guess we were put on different teams.  So we're just not playing WvW at all.  I think by this point I understand what we could've done leading up to this - started a two person guild, set it as our WvW guild, etc - but that's useless at this point now that the matchmaking has happened.  But, at least hopefully we'll be better prepared for when this happens next.

But what I'm really curious about is - did I miss something?  Like, was there an announcement somewhere reasonable that said, "Hey if you don't join a guild and set it as your WvW selection we're just gonna throw you somewhere random next week"?  There are no announcements in the "News" of the game's launcher or website, I don't seem to have received an in-game mail in the weeks preceding this beta - the only heads up information I can find would've required me to come to these forums to find the "Queue Issues & Beta Announcement" thread, and that thread is only valuable if one assumes the reader comes armed with knowledge of what the new guild selection system entails. 

Was that all the notice there was?  Are these betas that can effectively make or break an entire mode of gameplay (until next reset period, anyway) not deemed "news" that a player should have access to through a login routine?  Or... in-game mail?  Or even an email?  I signed up - I got my satchel and everything!  Even that would work.

If going forward I just need to...idk, go through the forums a few times a week to see if anything upcoming might prevent me from playing with my wife, I guess I can adapt to that.

But also goddamnit.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

We got a rumour of a 'Beta next week' Saturday morning, Mails send to some accounts after that.

Then we got a brief mention on the back of a forum post on like Tuesday? Suspect choosing window opened around that time too. Proper forum announcement Thursday morning, Social media posts for the Beta Thursday night around 11pm UTC. Friday morning, dealing with all the people who wanted to stay with their friends not able to because of such short notice.

For a company which promised to improve its communications for a Cornerstone part of the game due to issues last year, well.. What Happened?  I think the the WvW community seriously needs better than this.

On 12/7/2022 at 5:02 AM, TwoListen.9047 said:

My wife and I haven't played WvW at all since the last reset - because we were placed on completely different teams.  We do not have a guild, and don't have a ton of interest in guilds or joining one.  We just play the game together.  We play WvW quite regularly, we enjoy it - we go where it seems help is needed and just do what we can to help the team.

Ever thought of creating your own guild, just for you and your wife?

I think something like that may be needed for the future if you want to keep playing WvW together.

Got the notice in my IG mail and for me it was enough time to organize, it was a beta anyway and the first one I've got into cause I'm so casual (/s) that I didn't even notice the past ones, well let's say the level of attention is subjective by each person, cause there is a notice even on the forum.
All the sarcasm aside, this was the last beta so let's not sweat too much, time to just check the final release when it's out, soonTM.

Edited by Typhoon.8645

22 hours ago, Typhoon.8645 said:

Got the notice in my IG mail and for me it was enough time to organize, it was a beta anyway and the first one I've got into cause I'm so casual (/s) that I didn't even notice the past ones, well let's say the level of attention is subjective by each person, cause there is a notice even on the forum.
All the sarcasm aside, this was the last beta so let's not sweat too much, time to just check the final release when it's out, soonTM.

This isn't the Last beta, its just the last restructuring beta™ unless they change their mind, but I assume that most of what they were trying to fix got fixed, we're now moving onto betas for Alliances which will have its own problems that need to be fixed and so on

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Venport.3925 said:

This isn't the Last beta, its just the last restructuring beta™ unless they change their mind, but I assume that most of what they were trying to fix got fixed, we're now moving onto betas for Alliances which will have its own problems that need to be fixed and so on

Well this is illuminating thanks, I guess there is more "beta" fun to have still 👌