Can I see what happens when I report someone?

For spvp in particular.

I've only encountered a few players who were consistently toxic. I have 1000 games played at this point, though only 200 or so in ranked.

For those players, I just report every time they write crap (which is almost every game). One of them even behaved decently last time I saw them. So maybe the reporting had an effect.

There are some who type nothing and just jump on your corpse, I dont think there is anything to do about this. Though same as typing, they are wasting time doing it and sometimes that is all your team needs to get in the lead.

I see a lot of players recommend blocking, IMO better to not block and report instead. If enough players do, I'm sure some sort of action will bd taken.

On 12/20/2022 at 3:20 PM, Daniyyel.3428 said:

That type of info may help those who believe they are trying to keep the game safe from bots is actually being helpful. As it is now there is  zero evidence to support it helps. I don't bother reporting.  I honestly think it is pointless and it's very clear on the lw4 maps it's a free for all botting season there.  Said it before will say it again,  when more than half the map population is afk farmers and bots Anet has a serious problem.

Well this is where you are wrong.

Botting and AFK is already illegal according to A-Net's rules.

Also Standing Farming is directly supported by A-Net

The only one breaking at least 3 rules and actual law's right now is you, which directly leads to a toxic environment.

If someone asks me, the reporting function can be completely removed since it is 99% abused.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

54 minutes ago, Daniyyel.3428 said:

You can keep your hate to yourself.   For someone who gets so bent out of shape for me calling out afk farming and bots makes me wonder how many accounts you multibox all day.

"since it is 99% abused"  Oh I see,  you're one of those who has zero evidence but post percentages making it up as you go along.

"Also Standing Farming is directly supported by A-Net"  if this is true then it means a person can  load all 20 heroic accounts let them 'stand farm'  and they would have anets full support.    Or those who show 40 plus accounts on youtube can load all accounts, on a few laptops/pc and let them stand farm.  And still have anets full support.  Yeah, I'm not buying that nonsense at all,  no matter what you try to preach here.

The irony is strong with this one. Something about a pot and a kettle.

1 minute ago, Daniyyel.3428 said:

then you must be the spoon stirring them, jk.   I posted in that manner for that reason.

Sure, to show the other person what it's like to get a hateful comment but there are two problems with that. They probably don't care anyways and you lower yourself to a level that you are not ok with yourself. So for you, you can only lose with a post like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Sure, to show the other person what it's like to get a hateful comment but there are two problems with that. They probably don't care anyways and you lower yourself to a level that you are not ok with yourself. So for you, you can only lose with a post like that.

You're absolutely right,  I posted in haste.

• Like 1

So on topic now. @Daniyyel.3428

Can you imagine the amount of communication that Anet will have to do if people would get the results of their reporting? 

• Why haven't you done anything yet?
  • Why have you not banned this person?
  • I know I'm right why don't you agree with me? Are you so morally empty?
  • etc. etc. etc.

The thing is that people often THINK they're right and adamantly so, but that doesn't mean they are right. These people are not reasonable but just want to push their will through. Not everybody is like that but for some people reporting and judging others is more than a hobby.

That alone is enough reason for Anet to not communicate about this, the other reasons aside.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Gehenna.3625 I see your point,  even agree for the most part.  Even a little info on what or how they treat ToS violations may deter some of the post about this topic.   The ToS seems to allow afk farming as long as you are able to respond to a GM if contacted.  Or as they like to call it,  passive farming/standing farming.   I just don't think this is what Anet had in mind when writing the ToS     It's possible they foreseen this and found it acceptable.  Until we have something solid to go on. I don't want to burden a presumably already overloaded report system.

Edited by Daniyyel.3428
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Daniyyel.3428 said:

@Gehenna.3625 I see your point,  even agree for the most part.  Even a little info on what or how they treat ToS violations may deter some of the post about this topic.   The ToS seems to allow afk farming as long as you are able to respond to a GM if contacted.  Or as they like to call it,  passive farming/standing farming.   I just don't think this is what Anet had in mind when writing the ToS     It's possible they foreseen this and found it acceptable.  Until we have something solid to go on. I don't want to burden a presumably already overloaded report system.

I suspect that there's a fine line between standing farming and botting. I've argued this before in another thread but Anet can't really forbid making use of the game while standing around afaic.

And, for example, take the situation where you report something twice at different moments, but for you it's exactly the same thing. Then you see that one has had consequences and the other instance did not. Why would Anet then have to explain why they judged the two situations differently? Because that's the next thing you would want to ask.

At that point it gets too specific for them to comment because they also do not want to give too much information, because botters will have more info to avoid being penalized. 

All in all, I feel that it's better that people don't know what comes out of reporting. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2