Aurene cape [Merged]

Just now, Rogue.8235 said:

Why is it so important that nobody else has what you have?  

Skritt A: Oooh rare Shiny!

Skritt B: Oooh same Shiny!

Both: ....

Both: ...... just common trash.

Yeah, Skritt aren't really like that. But guess people sometimes are ^^
They want the Rare and Super Secret Rare things that nobody else has.. and not the commons and uncommons.

• Like 1

I'm not trying to discredit anyone... but can anyone link to where it says that the cape is/was an exclusive item with the Aurene statue? When they announced it for prepurchase it just says:

Delicate in appearance but sturdy in make, this premium collector’s statue includes a code for an in-game cape featuring an iconic image of Aurene.

Link Here

and on Gamestop it says:

The in-game Aurene Logo Cape is an item that's currently only available through the purchase of the Aurene Elder Dragon Statue. 

Link Here

I just can't find anything that explicitly states that the cape is and was always going to be exclusive to this statue? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

15 minutes ago, Chyro.1462 said:

Skritt A: Oooh rare Shiny!

Skritt B: Oooh same Shiny!

Both: ....

Both: ...... just common trash.

Yeah, Skritt aren't really like that. But guess people sometimes are ^^
They want the Rare and Super Secret Rare things that nobody else has.. and not the commons and uncommons.

This actually makes everything comprehensible.  

Oh, and, umm.... you gonna keep that shiny?  I'll trade ya.

On 12/9/2022 at 6:11 AM, sorenyth.8502 said:

I'm not trying to discredit anyone... but can anyone link to where it says that the cape is/was an exclusive item with the Aurene statue? When they announced it for prepurchase it just says:

Link Here

and on Gamestop it says:

Link Here

I just can't find anything that explicitly states that the cape is and was always going to be exclusive to this statue? 

The exclusivity was implied. It was the fact that the cape came (at the time) ONLY by purchasing the statue. If they had said "limited time exclusive", or something to suggest they'd be giving it away free, I personally would never had bought two statues. It's not that fantastically made, and certainly not worth the full price that I paid for.

I had made the assumption (and regretfully) that like the FUNKOPOP minis (which are exclusive only to Funkopop statues), you could only get them with the special item purchase. They've always given in-game rewards for supporting Anet/Gw1/Gw2 with additional purchases like this. It was unexpected for them to change course and just give these almost 'thank-you' items out en masse. 

Since GW1, you'd get special, limited edition minis or whatever if you bought items like these. Good examples include;

1. The "Destroyer Mini" that you got from a special edition PC Gamer magazine for when EoTN came out.
  2. Any Collector Edition Mini
  3. The Funkpop minis as mentioned earlier.

None of the above examples were ever re-released to the public via giveaways like this, after the initial event.

(lol at confused spammers. Imagine being confused by literal facts. Stay classy fam.)

Edited by Demonhead.7584
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

19 hours ago, Demonhead.7584 said:

I brought this issue up the first time they did this with Alienware. Sufficed to say, this whole situation is very irksome. It's also very apparent that those who didn't buy the statue don't quite understand the frustration.

Why they don't just alter the texture/image, or give it some variance from the statue version, is beyond me. You're talking about, at most, a texture change with some work on colour channels. You're not talking about an entirely new mesh/model where you've got to re-do all the animations and deal with culling/clipping issues.

(omegalul I'm ready for the confuse spam squad)

Some of us who got the celebration cap at launch do quite understand the frustration....nothing is really sacred in a game I suppose.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Hrm.  Language like:  You can currently get the _____ in this bundle, be one of the first players to get your very own _____! 
They could also advertise limited time bundles but stress that it is the first time that the items have appeared in the world of Tyria. Grab your whatever bundle before time runs out!  At least by saying first, you imply that there will be more than one... eventually. 
But yeah games rely heavily on FOMO to push sales.  It is a cheap but effective tactic, no matter how annoying it is.

• Thanks 1

On 12/8/2022 at 10:57 PM, Rogue.8235 said:

Why is it so important that nobody else has what you have?  

That's how it works with item rarity. Why do people want gold, gem stones, original works of art? Yes, because they're beautiful, but people want genuine and original items, not copies and remakes. They are wanted BECAUSE they are rare. Same is with in-game items. Item rarity makes items wanted more.

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...

I know, I know, nothing is 'exclusive' forever--but on the off-chance this actually gets read, is there a possibility those who bought the actual statue have some small difference in the cape? 

As at the moment I feel like all those 'previously verified' people on Twitter when some rando with $8 comes in and gets a blue check mark =\.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

I know, I know, nothing is 'exclusive' forever--but on the off-chance this actually gets read, is there a possibility those who bought the actual statue have some small difference in the cape? 

As at the moment I feel like all those 'previously verified' people on Twitter when some rando with $8 comes in and gets a blue check mark =\.  

Right with you on this! Been discussing and advocating for this for months now.