The newest WoW addon is being highly praised for something I'd also love to encounter in GW2s next expansion ...

Vetkin.6041

GW2 really isn't a game where you can stop and smell the roses. I will agree that you can't really appreciate an expansion zone so lower mob density would be nice. If you stop in a random spot anywhere in xpac , likely you will die unless you fight or run. I always fly up and hover my skyscale if I need to afk a sec or whatever cuz I know I'll be dead when I get back otherwise. Its pretty ridiculous but I'm used to it by now of course as we all are, god forbid  we look at the scenery for 2 seconds without being attacked.

• Like 7
  • Confused 5

On 12/8/2022 at 7:40 PM, yoni.7015 said:

I play this game to fight enemies and not to enjoy the landscape. The mob density in Guild Wars 2 is fine. 

Good that Most people appreciate the Designteam of gw2. The Game would Look very different If people Like you where the majority of Players.

I mean there are tons of slashergames Out there, when you are so much in fighting Go Play These Games and don't pretend the Landscapes are Not a very, very Big Part of GW2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 8

6 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

Good that Most people appreciate the Designteam of gw2. The Game would Look very different If people Like you where the majority of Players.

I mean there are tons of slashergames Out there, when you are so much in fighting Go Play These Games and don't pretend the Landscapes are Not a very, very Big Part of GW2.

Where did I write that I don’t appreciate it? I do, but it is not the most important or best thing this game has to offer. 
If you want to enjoy the landscape then look out the window

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Where did I write that I don’t appreciate it? I do, but it is not the most important or best thing this game has to offer. 
If you want to enjoy the landscape then look out the window

Thats what you saying. But you know, you are Not the only Person who is playing this Game. I know, hard to believe for some people.

Edited by Fuchslein.8639
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6

5 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

Thats what you saying. But you know, you are Not the only Person who is playing this Game. I know, hard to believe for some people.

I have yet to see the masses of players standing in every map and enjoy the view. I see far more players fighting enemies and doing events. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

I have yet to see the masses of players standing in every map and enjoy the view. I see far more players fighting enemies and doing events. 

Wow surprising that you See Most Players Fight. Ithink Most people Like when their Chars Life and Not get killed, so fighting is a must.

You will Not See me making Screenshots, because i'mnot there where the mostmobs are. I'm searching fit nice places where i don't have to fight respawning Mobs.

I mean, when people Like to Fight so much, then why are pof-maps so empty? These Maps are literally Made für fighting with their density and Low Aggro range.

Edited by Fuchslein.8639
  • Like 2
  • Confused 7

3 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

I mean, when people Like to Fight so much, then why are pof-maps so empty? These Maps are literally Made für fighting with their density and Low Aggro range.

Several reasons, the meta events are not very good or rewarding, the content is five years old and there is newer content and content with better rewards. But I see more players fighting in PoF maps than I see players taking screenshots because the landscape is so beautiful. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Several reasons, the meta events are not very good or rewarding, the content is five years old and there is newer content and content with better rewards. But I see more players fighting in PoF maps than I see players taking screenshots because the landscape is so beautiful. 

So it's Not Just about mindless mobfighting, there is MORE~. Good that we are one the Same Page. Merry Christmas :).

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

45 minutes ago, Rukia.4802 said:

GW2 really isn't a game where you can stop and smell the roses. I will agree that you can't really appreciate an expansion zone so lower mob density would be nice. If you stop in a random spot anywhere in xpac , likely you will die unless you fight or run. I always fly up and hover my skyscale if I need to afk a sec or whatever cuz I know I'll be dead when I get back otherwise. Its pretty ridiculous but I'm used to it by now of course as we all are, god forbid  we look at the scenery for 2 seconds without being attacked.

28 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

You can still watch the landscape, I find it pretty ridiculous that these complaints are more or less repeatedly demanding for the players to be able to safely randomly afk at any time, any place they are in. The game is designed around active gameplay, not your wishes to just leave character in the middle of the map and go afk to do something else. Want to sightsee? Plenty of space to do so. Want to randomly afk in the middle of the map whenever/wherever and be unconditionally safe? Too bad.

• Like 6
  • Confused 10

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You can still watch the landscape, I find it pretty ridiculous that these complaints are more or less repeatedly demanding for the players to be able to safely randomly afk at any time, any place they are in. The game is designed around active gameplay, not your wishes to just leave character in the middle of the map and go afk to do something else. Want to sightsee? Plenty of space to do so. Want to randomly afk in the middle of the map whenever/wherever and be unconditionally safe? Too bad.

I was merely acknowleding the OP, calm down. I already can afk in the middle of the map though.. on skyscale like I said. If the game is designed around active gameplay then why did I have to rp walk through 9000 lines of dialogue in the story? Check mate my brother in Christ.

• Like 4
  • Confused 5

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Pls Show me where i Said i wanted to AFK? I Just want a map where i can either kill stuff so that it didn't respawn in a minute or actually clever placed Mobs, instead of this mostly random plastering we have on so many Maps.

When you quote me, do it right please.

• Like 5
  • Confused 5

8 minutes ago, Rukia.4802 said:

I was merely acknowleding the OP, calm down. I already can afk in the middle of the map though.. on skyscale like I said. If the game is designed around active gameplay then why did I have to rp walk through 9000 lines of dialogue in the story? Check mate my brother in Christ.

I am prety calm, calm down with telling people to "calm down" just because they said something you dislike 😉 Story content has nothing to do with what I said,  because it... you know... delivers the story.

7 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

Pls Show me where i Said i wanted to AFK? I Just want a map where i can either kill stuff so that it didn't respawn in a minute or actually clever placed Mobs, instead of this mostly random plastering we have on so many Maps.

When you quote me, do it right please.

Yeah, I kind of went with a lazier "all-in-one response", while in reality the part about "afking whenever/wherever" was directed more at the first quote (Rukia's) and some other people with similar opinion, while the part about landscapes was directed more at you. You can still watch landscape, just not exactly randomly whenever/wherever. If you don't want to do it randomly whenever/wherever then I don't know what the problem here is.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 7

7 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I am prety calm, calm down with telling people to "calm down" just because they said something you dislike 😉 Story content has nothing to do with what I said,  because it... you know... delivers the story.

Yeah, I kind of went with a lazier "all-in-one response", while in reality the part about "afking whenever/wherever" was directed more at the first quote (Rukia's) and some other people with similar opinion, while the part about landscapes was directed more at you. You can still watch landscape, just not exactly randomly whenever/wherever. If you don't want to do it randomly whenever/wherever then I don't know what the problem here is.

Yeah sorry i forgot for a Moment you are a massproduce commenter, Like anet Likes to massproduce enemiespawning on maps Sometimes.

I mean, EOD is already a step Forward from POF in Aggro tange what Shows that people, at least for anet, are Not the eager "i want to Fight, give me the enemies" Like you Guys make it Out to Look.

So, merry Christmas. I have Said what i wanted to say.

Edited by Fuchslein.8639
  • Like 5
  • Confused 5

I mean mob placement in gw2 is not as bad as it was in Tera for example ( I am talking 60 + areas packed with mobs ) but still annoying sometimes.

Like come on , we all know that road blocks , traps and mobs with slow and cripple abilities exist only to annoy you  , slow you down and make you spend more time playing.

But as I said above it's not so bad it could have been so I am ok with it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Hindenburg.3415 said:

Like come on , we all know that road blocks , traps and mobs with slow and cripple abilities exist only to annoy you  , slow you down and make you spend more time playing.

I doubt it changes playtimes for most players, though. All it does is increase the percentage of time the game is annoying.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

Yeah sorry i forgot for a Moment you are a massproduce commenter, Like anet Likes to massproduce enemiespawning on maps Sometimes.

That was the opposite of it though, since I've quoted two posts and combined response into just one, if I wanted to "mass produce posts", I'd respond to each of you in the separate posts. Seriously, not even a good attempt at personal remark, I think it would be better to stick to the contents of the posts instead.

I mean, EOD is already a step Forward from POF in Aggro tange what Shows that people, at least for anet, are Not the eager "i want to Fight, give me the enemies" Like you Guys make it Out to Look.

Welp, at this point "the right direction" (in the meaning you're using it in) really seems strongly subjective since OP says it's especially bad in EoD.

Either way, for me it's not bad, quite the opposite actually since active gameplay is k (and kind of the point for the most part) and there are always places to "have some rest" or sightsee. Without a change if someone wants to randomly afk, they're better off just going to character select screen or using one of the city waypoints.

So, merry Christmas. I have Said what i wanted to say.

And merry Christmas to you!

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 4

WoW is such a bad game now that people praise it for not making them play it.  If GW2 does that, then I'll quit.  

I don't understand why it's so hard for people to find safe spots.  It never a problem for me.  I just get on  my skyscale.  Oh I forgot, nobody has a skyscale because apparently it's too hard.  

It seems there are too many people trying to take the game out of GW2 and replace it with meditation excercises.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Are we talking about the same WoW where the open world content of each expansion is basically only filler and leveling content, aka abandon ware at some point which yields to instance grind and LFR? I mean one of  the most coveted aspects there is the eventual unlocking of the flying mounts to skip all that content down the road.

How is THAT or applicable or desirable for GW2?

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 3

Its really not the mob density that's  changed much, its their aggro range. The Crystal Desert gets a pass because the open space of the desert, and mounts compensate for that. But in places like Cantha's Echovald however makes on-foot exploration bit of an nuisance with the PoF's aggro range, but with narrow trails. Combined with relatively higher health and respawn rate.

• Like 4