What Would You Want To See In An Expansion?

Mentioned in another thread, expansion of single weapons to have a full bar of abilities when not used with a off hand or main hand. Would have a Slot for a sigil in the equipment page and dynamically scaling stats to account for the lack of other equipped item.

Edited by AzureTerra.1642
  • Confused 1

I personally would like them to revamp the core areas and perhaps make a new story mode for new characters on next expansion. Let the old story be selectable like the living stories and have the default just pick up in the current time and let the new players play the new core tyria with the old players. With the way they gave raptor to everyone it shouldn't be that much of a problem and the playerbase is pretty kind so new players won't have too much of a hard time keeping up.

This would also allow for a new race to be implemented rather easily since they could just go without adding all the previous dialogue, just have them be a seer race or something watching the life of "the commander" through some mystic race ability and while you look different you just choose a diff races VA for those parts. Have it be part of the new races choose your story or something.

Content wise I'd just like them to focus on revamping the core professions and weapons, so many have fell out and I'd like some usability, give me my conjure weapon elementalist pls.

Edit: OH also fix revenants broken core story lmao. So many parts you just gotta auto since your energy system breaks in multiple parts of the core story.

Edited by Groggyfrog.9754
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Groggyfrog.9754 said:

I personally would like them to revamp the core areas and perhaps make a new story mode for new characters on next expansion. Let the old story be selectable like the living stories and have the default just pick up in the current time and let the new players play the new core tyria with the old players. With the way they gave raptor to everyone it shouldn't be that much of a problem and the playerbase is pretty kind so new players won't have too much of a hard time keeping up.

This would also allow for a new race to be implemented rather easily since they could just go without adding all the previous dialogue, just have them be a seer race or something watching the life of "the commander" through some mystic race ability and while you look different you just choose a diff races VA for those parts. Have it be part of the new races choose your story or something.

Content wise I'd just like them to focus on revamping the core professions and weapons, so many have fell out and I'd like some usability, give me my conjure weapon elementalist pls.

Edit: OH also fix revenants broken core story lmao. So many parts you just gotta auto since your energy system breaks in multiple parts of the core story.

I like this idea of a new story for new characters if you want and let the old story be like a living world or something 🙂 Also for a possible new race I'd like largos and I think they could fit what you said (also, since they are linked to the sea, maybe after what happened in EoD something could have changed for them)

Edited by Nymeria.1653
  • Confused 1

On 12/12/2022 at 4:13 PM, PolarBear.3961 said:

All I want is a full on minion focused necromancer spec with like 20 minions and a giant flesh golem (not that garbage looking featherless chicken we have now...). The chance of this happening is almost non existant tho :_). Oh yeah and make elementalist elementals permanent for globs sake!

Yeah the mechanist's sooper-mech kinda puts all the other minions to shame really. Maybe necro's should get another elite skill to summon an undead giant.

• Like 2

On 12/9/2022 at 5:18 PM, kharmin.7683 said:

New race will not happen, expansion or not.

That's an hard claim. Got any source? 

It's difficult, but not impossible and strongly depends on the choices ANet makes. 

You can easily release a new race which can play the story from this point forward and with limitations on which armor skins they can use.

80% of the armor skins arent used anyway.. 

A new race to fully implement the entire wardrobe and story. Yes that indeed won't happen.. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Oh you are the funny one. 

Sure I said it in a joking manner, but I am making a point here. You make a bold, wild claim about something that is very relevant to the topic.

In the end,  if Anet wanted to implement another race, they would have to create a racial story, race capital, and indeed redo the entire load of armor skins and outfits to fit those particular character models. Not to mention the character creator.

And before you say that they don't have to do all of that...yes, they would, because people would be complaining about things like that without end. Besides, how many people would actually play another race? I don't know, but I can't imagine it'll be worth the resources. It's a pretty poor business case in the end.

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

That's a hard claim. Got any source for it?

But here you go. According to gw2effeciency i have unlocked 1634 of the 7799 skins. Thats around 21% unlocked. Yes these are both weapons and armor skins. And we only talk about armor skins here. (Around 2602 skins) 

Of all 390k registered accounts on gw2efficiency i am ranked 82% higher that all of those players with skin unlockes.

So yes. Around 80% of the player base hasnt even unlocked 20% of the skins. I cannot see higher stats and i agree this is still 20% of the player base that has a lot of skins, but how many of those skins do you use? 

18 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Sure I said it in a joking manner, but I am making a point here. You make a bold, wild claim about something that is very relevant to the topic.

In the end,  if Anet wanted to implement another race, they would have to create a racial story, race capital, and indeed redo the entire load of armor skins and outfits to fit those particular character models. Not to mention the character creator.

And before you say that they don't have to do all of that...yes, they would, because people would be complaining about things like that without end. Besides, how many people would actually play another race? I don't know, but I can't imagine it'll be worth the resources. It's a pretty poor business case in the end.

Still looking at how many topics have been opened in the past on this topic you always see a split reaction. 

I think there will be a playerbase big enough that would pay for a DLC with dominion of the winds and tengu to make it profitable.

I agree people would complain and they do no matter what decision anet will take. 

Kharmin said it very convinced that there wont be one. But i only have seen the devs make a statement that it would be difficult and that it was not their priority at the moment. 

They didnt rule it out however and this statement was made years ago, when a lot of things that seemed impossible back then were now implemented (legendary armory and LS1 for example). 

So i was just curious about the source, because if anet made that statement, then that would end this discussion. 

Edited by Cronospere.8143
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

But here you go. According to gw2effeciency i have unlocked 1634 of the 7799 skins. Thats around 21% unlocked. Yes these are both weapons and armor skins. And we only talk about armor skins here. (Around 2602 skins) 

Of all 390k registered accounts on gw2efficiency i am ranked 82% higher that all of those players with skin unlockes.

So yes. Around 80% of the player base hasnt even unlocked 20% of the skins. I cannot see higher stats and i agree this is still 20% of the player base that has a lot of skins, but how many of those skins do you use? 

Sigh...statistics are hard right. So many things wrong with this, but let me give you a hint for one of them: how do you know that the other players have chosen the same armor skins as you? Think about that really hard.

1 minute ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Still looking at how many topics have been opened in the past on this topic you always see a split reaction. 

I think there will be a playerbase big enough that would pay for a DLC with dominion of the winds and tengu to make it profitable.

I agree people would complain and they do no matter what decision anet will take. 

Kharmin said it very convinced that there wont be one. But i only have seen the devs make a statement that it would be difficult and that it was not their priority at the moment. 

They didnt rule it out however and this statement was made years ago, when a lot of things that seemed impossible back then were now implemented (legendary armory and LS1 for example). 

The amount of topics on a game forum is not even an indication of something being wanted by the larger player base. It's usually a lot of the same players posting it and considering how few people actually post on game forums, this is not an argument at all.

Now Kharmin made a definite statement. I also remember Anet saying this years ago, but I don't have a link for that article either. I just read it years ago. However, this is a moot point anyway, because Anet can always change their minds on it. Just because they said something years ago doesn't make it a forever-statement.

But I do think that the reasons I gave why it would be a poor business case still stand.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Sigh...statistics are hard right. So many things wrong with this, but let me give you a hint for one of them: how do you know that the other players have chosen the same armor skins as you? Think about that really hard.

Yeah indeed statistics can be looked at any way you want and you just seem to miss my point entirely.

A lot of skins are redundent. Thats what im trying to say. And skins are the thing which needs the most resources to implement a new race at the same level as the other 5.

A map is easy. Racial story is not, true. 

The only thing i wanted to claim was that it can be easy if they want to. But that it is up to them. 

Is it likely they will add a new race? I dont think so.

Do i still hope they will? Yes and i like many others would pay for it. 

Edited by Cronospere.8143
Black spaces for some reason..
  • Confused 1

I would love to see expansion of core with addition of 1 core weapon, 2 elite utility and maybe a new utility line. 

More maps. We have not been getting enough maps as of late. 

More ways to enhance already existing maps, especially level 80 maps. Add new events. Add general random events that can pop anywhere. Some what like ARPGs. Even possibly limited time events. We already have some of this, we just need a lot more.

Next masteries should have to do with having a second sub class. Similar to GW1, but not to that extent. And it should be open world only, as most mastries are. This could be very interesting diversifying game play.

• Like 1

I want two things in terms of new place to go. I either want to visit Arid, or head to the East of core Tyria. I'm hoping that arid and that entire continent is like the American West. With mesas and maybe like a tumbleweed species. Who live in a wild west line town. With the meta being bandits who raid the town on horse back or something.

What I feel the game needs is something that keeps ppl playing. Most mmos have a pool items to grind for usually through dropswhich is farmed from specific dungeons and such. Which is what I think GW really needs. Of course it can't be armor or weapons. It would have to be something that doesn't have a legendary variant. The closest thing we have are infusions and the frostsaw. They could do more cosmetics. But almost all of that goes into the gemstore. Also grinding for gold gets old real fast.

On 12/14/2022 at 11:39 PM, Cronospere.8143 said:

Yeah indeed statistics can be looked at any way you want and you just seem to miss my point entirely.

A lot of skins are redundent. Thats what im trying to say. And skins are the thing which needs the most resources to implement a new race at the same level as the other 5.

A map is easy. Racial story is not, true. 

The only thing i wanted to claim was that it can be easy if they want to. But that it is up to them. 

Is it likely they will add a new race? I dont think so.

Do i still hope they will? Yes and i like many others would pay for it. 

You make a general statement that 80% of the skins are redundant based on faulty information. So if I missed the point, you're not making your point properly.

In fact, just make up reasons why Anet has to do things your way and present false arguments. Skins are important because a LOT of people care about them. And Anet makes a lot of money off skins. But there's no accounting for taste and as such there needs to be a lot of variation in skins. So that's where their money is.

You assume many others would pay for it. Based on what? Some threads here on the forum? That's little more than anecdotal evidence. My point is and will remain that there is a poor business case for a new race because it will cost way more in resources than it will gain them in revenue.

That's why they make more PvE zones and elite specs and skins because that's where their money is made and why they don't make new races. I can't prove this either, but I think that it's more reasonable to assume that the resources don't warrant new races, because if the balance was in favor they would've done it.

And your claim that it can be easy if they want to is just not true. Like you said in the sentence before, a racial story is not easy. So you really contradict yourself there. 

But oh well. This discussion is ultimately pointless, because nothing we say here will lead to anything different for Anet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I would like to see a revamp of the player's home instance.  Add a new profession called Carpenter.  Allows people to craft furniture and also items based on Raids, World Bosses, and so forth that could be added to the home instance.

This would allow people to invite in for more than just raiding the resources but also to see design and make it more personal.