First time I've seen AFK farming bots here, Aetherblade Cache, Tears of Itlaocol in Caledon Forest.

Offical stance or not, but i hope these threads keep popping up more and more to get message to dev team. Amount of afk bots in this game is just embarrassing.

Telling people do useless chores (report in game) and do absolutely frikkin nothing to bots is just lying to your customer base.

Edited by McWelp.1723
  • Like 19
  • Confused 2

I don't know how they can stop it,  it's just sad to see a game I love so much be brought so low with this behavior.  GW1/2 have been a big part of my life since 2006.  Met a lot of great people who I hope to be friends with for life.  When I bought my son an account.  I walked by to see him standing with a large group.  I asked him what he was doing, he said waiting for this event to start.  I had to explain to him what was going on.  It wasn't an event.  It was people afk farming while they watch tv. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, McWelp.1723 said:

Offical stance or not, but i hope these threads keep popping up more and more to get message to dev team. Amount of afk bots in this game is just embarrassing.

Cool, then the forum will be full of bot complaint threads. 

As if more will actually change matters?

• Like 1
  • Confused 14

5 hours ago, slpr.2647 said:

all they have to do is remove drops for pets/minions.  let them do all the dmg they are designed to, but no rewards for pets/minions.  

Good start, but its not that simple. All they need to do after that is to macro 'target nearest enemy' -> 'use whatever aoe attack'... I think pets are there mostly to distract the mobs anyways so botting player does not die.

They need to alter their terms of service and flat out ban use of any automation. Even if the player is there overseeing their bot. Would be clear for anyone without any pickering about technicalities..

EDIT: There actually was interesting idea i came across on gw2 subreddit. Just rank up the mobs without increasing the loot if they keep dying multiple times right after spawning. Start with elites and go champions and all the way to legendaries with unstable magic abilities. Would become too much trouble than its worth, so good bye to most bot farms without devs needing to jump trough too many hoops to solve the problem.

EDIT2: And another was putting diminishing returns on loot if mob gets slaughtered repeatedly, forcing players to move.

Edited by McWelp.1723
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, McWelp.1723 said:

They need to alter their terms of service and flat out ban use of any automation. Even if the player is there overseeing their bot. Would be clear for anyone without any pickering about technicalities..

This would be the best approach,  watching youtubers debate how they are not violating the rules is like  watching someone split hairs under a microscope.   Sadly  they have a leg to stand on if you agree with them.  Anet needs to make changes to the ToS to lock it down tight so there is no debate or wiggle room one way or the other. Honestly I don't believe there's as many bots in the game as people think,  people no longer need  to bot.  they can just multibox many accounts let minions autoloot, autocast do the rest and monitor them in case a GM pm's them.  By reading the ToS  this may appear acceptable.   I also think this is why so many accounts never get banned.  It doesn't matter if someone reports them.  As long as they see the pm from anet they are good to keep going.   I've talked to many passive farmers and this is their sincere belief.  Just because I don't agree with them doesn't mean they are in the wrong.

Edited by Daniyyel.3428
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, McWelp.1723 said:

Good start, but its not that simple. All they need to do after that is to macro 'target nearest enemy' -> 'use whatever aoe attack'... I think pets are there mostly to distract the mobs anyways so botting player does not die.

EDIT: There actually was interesting idea i came across on gw2 subreddit. Just rank up the mobs without increasing the loot if they keep dying multiple times right after spawning. Start with elites and go champions and all the way to legendaries with unstable magic abilities. Would become too much trouble than its worth, so good bye to most bot farms without devs needing to jump trough too many hoops to solve the problem.

EDIT2: And another was putting diminishing returns on loot if mob gets slaughtered repeatedly, forcing players to move.

the one i see, in southsun, never uses an attack skill of the char,ever,  its all minions.  with the minions of 15 accounts, he doesnt need to use any of his skills.