Ele is too strong

magickthief.6492

Don't matter the spec, you have weakened everything else so much, ele just dominates any role. Why? Is the game for the pvp dev lead, or for the people who spend money on the game? Ele hasn't been weak since 2015 despite arnohoondel or whatever his crybaby kitten says. Please, for the love of god, bring ele back down to a manageable level. I can play ele and probably self bump up a league or 2, but why should I? Bring the chimps back down to me, in the zoo, where we belong.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 14

On 12/3/2022 at 6:08 AM, Arheundel.6451 said:

That's the problem with mesmers..and its community for the entirety. They tend to cry a lot...really really a lot and if you're new to the game and read the GW2 forum, you'd think that mesmer is the weakest class in the game. But if you sit down and actually force a mesmer player to speak about these "magical hardcounters" that apparently stop mesmer from being the strongest class there is....all they can mention is...Thief lol, and these days only if played perfectly a thief would stand a chance.

Luckily these devs are well aware of mesmer defenses on the contrary of most of the forum , the defense rotation of mesmers is borderline broken, too much uptime on distortion (between chronobunker and virtuoso now) access to block, stealth, teleports/stunbreak on relatively short CD....then reflect on healing....really stupid...but yeah...it's one of those classes that go "unnoticed" by the playerbase and only experienced players know the full truth

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Look above, this is the guy, and the devs are not AWARE of how broke ele is? A dev with honor would not buff his favorite class, and if he had skill he would be able to brag at how he carried using something weak. Ele is basically Fox or Falco at this point (Melee)...there is no flex. Who can build around them? Arenanet hates GW2...I wonder are they making something new?

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

17 hours ago, magickthief.6492 said:

Dragon's Tooth - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

WHY THE kitten DID YOU MAKE THIS SKILL ATTACH? 

Because the skill felt like it was ported from 2004 Runescape and defo needed to be brought into this century....  

A total of over 3 seconds to cast and land is simply not practical.

You used SSB terms, so i will do to give you an example of what it was... it was a 180 radius aoe skill that just had 1 damaging frame and required over 3 seconds of setup and was groundtargeted...  

It literally was Falconpunch in terms of usefullness.... you could use it if you managed to get a Shieldbrake (Downed opponent),  Or if you were reading your enemy like a book and the enemy did missplay and somehow jumped into your Falconpunch.     Against a skilled opponent you will never land Falconpunch, unless hes Shieldbroke ( downed).

Thats why they had to rework it, because the main dps spell on fire was literally unusable.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Elementalist's damage is one of the least problems in sPvP.

AoE spam, CC spam, condition spam, Bunkers, Stealth still being completely invisibility at all ranges, the unhealthily high amounts of teleports, the high amount of projectile hate and the general runaway mentality are all far bigger problems than Elementalist's current damage.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Ele, mesmer, war: get some buffs they've needed for 2+ years.

Forum: explodes, ele, mesmer, war too stroooong!

Give it a bit of time for them to fine tune the changes. Not like they get it right from the first time with other changes they do.

^This^

I think a lot of the QQ lately is people having not fought against certain specs enough in recent years that they forgot how too. Now that said specs get just enough buffs to play on a level playing field the QQ threads are popping up.

The meta is shifting, shift with it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

maybe you just bad as thief, which is kinda the standard thief skill level, there's like zenyus, binster, stevie then shadowjie and maybe 1 2 more thieves a few steps below the first 3 and all other ones are bad at the class, but win matches cuz they act as decap bots against teams with "play 2 nodes mindset"

11 hours ago, Morwath.9817 said:

According to forums:

Ele too stronk, Warrior too stronk, Engineer too stronk, Mesmer too stronk, Untamed too stronk (...)

Who would have guessed....    

it was Guard, Necro and Rev meta for a long time.... people whine.....   They nerf necro, Guardian and rev... 

Now people scream that all the other classes are busted.     

The cycle continues.           The only consistency..... is "Nerf Thief" Threads.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Who would have guessed....    

it was Guard, Necro and Rev meta for a long time.... people whine.....   They nerf necro, Guardian and rev... 

Now people scream that all the other classes are busted.     

The cycle continues.           The only consistency..... is "Nerf Thief" Threads.

Scissors: Rock is op, paper is fine
Also Scissors: Nerf teef

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, freakcoco.4287 said:

Sit here waiting for the troll complained about elementalist not op and nerf engineer.

Or all of troll got ban ? I haven't seen engineer op post for a while.

NHBT did post yesterday in pvp and WvW forums! 😄

He necroed his  "consider nerf engi asap thread" from JULY 5th.      This guy is a true legend 😄

But i think hes on bancation again.....

Edited by Sahne.6950

On 12/11/2022 at 7:29 PM, magickthief.6492 said:

Dragon's Tooth - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

WHY THE kitten DID YOU MAKE THIS SKILL ATTACH? 

My biggest issue with the homing flying tooth of death is... it is an AoE skill that can hit multiple targets, all of which may not know where their party members may end up when it is casted. So I could get hit by a flying tooth of death simply because my thief ally decided to shadowstep next to me from behind. Then WHAM we both get hit.

As a Guardian main I've done this towards my ally's without realizing it. The AoE hit should be lower radius imo. That's my only issue with it. It is otherwise no different than Ray of Judgement on Focus#3 that us Guards have.

Edited by Saiyan.1704
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/12/2022 at 5:12 PM, Morwath.9817 said:

According to forums:

Ele too stronk, Warrior too stronk, Engineer too stronk, Mesmer too stronk, Untamed too stronk (...)

Fun fact, in ranked i don't see any while every match i see 2 guardians and at least one necro.

But lets nerf ele anyways.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just a bonus:

Stats - Player Statistics - gw2efficiency

Edited by Peter.3901
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Peter.3901 said:

Fun fact, in ranked i don't see any while every match i see 2 guardians and at least one necro.

But lets nerf ele anyways.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just a bonus:

Stats - Player Statistics - gw2efficiency

That link is showing "in general" amongst all game modes.

That has nothing to do with class representation for the current pvp patching.

And class representation ratios have little to do with how strong or weak something actually is. For example, when 50% of the population is playing Rifle Mech, even though you won't see any Rifle Mechs in the top 100 or in the semis or final rounds of any ATs because they pop and die in 2s each time they come off the respawn. In other words, the Rifle Mech only has high class representation because it is easy to play, not because it's actually good.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2