Revert the post processing change -NOW- [Merged]

29 minutes ago, alteriel valie.4751 said:

Go to alpine border at north with the snow,you will get blind,most of wvw players have it off!!

It is very bright with the effects on high but having it set to low feels the same as when it could be turned off.  This makes sense considering that the tooltip for Low literally says "disable postprocessing".

Edited by mythical.6315

7 minutes ago, Vavume.8065 said:

That is odd because I am seeing a lot of people that are playing...

Well, congratulations to you for meeting people without any sight-related issues.

For me and my botched contrast vision, the new settings triggers eye-strain migraine, which is... not a fun way to play literally anything. So yeah, unless this gets reverted, the game has been rendered literally unplayable for me.

And as an added bonus, the new settings cries bloody murder on your rig if you dare to set your shadows on Ultra (which my computer handled perfectly fine before) - trying to set that or load into the map with the settings on immediately nukes the game via memory bleed crash.

Edited by Changer the Elder.2948
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mythical.6315 said:

I don't know.  The Low setting for post-processing literally has a tooltip that states "disable postprocessing".

The tooltip is wrong. It is stated in the patchnotes, that the "low" setting (the lowest option available) has the color grading activated. So they did this on purpose and I hope, they will revert back to normal. ...

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Vavume.8065 said:

That is odd because I am seeing a lot of people that are playing...

4 minutes ago, Changer the Elder.2948 said:

Well, congratulations to you for meeting people without any sight-related issues.

For me and my botched contrast vision, the new settings triggers eye-strain migraine, which is... not a fun way to play literally anything. So yeah, unless this gets reverted, the game has been rendered literally unplayable for me.

And as an added bonus, the new settings cries bloody murder on your rig if you dare to set your shadows on Ultra (which my computer handled perfectly fine before) - trying to set that or load into the map with the settings on immediately nukes the game via memory bleed crash.

Yep same for me too, guy thought he was being clever but im serious when I say unplayable ive suffered from migraines my whole life and I know the contrast is going to bring one on, I've tried modifying the settings in a way that stops it and I've even removed my legendary effects and gone to default skins but I cant change what other players have

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

I don't know.  The Low setting for post-processing literally has a tooltip that states "disable postprocessing".

because anet have never had an incorrect tooltip before ever, high won't have changed theyve just removed the option to disable ALL post processing

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Color grading is now enabled on the lowest postprocessing setting.

This was a terrible change. The black point is way too high now, making everything look super dark. I had to apply adjustments, both in the in-game Gamma setting and in ReShade (white point).

P.S. And Post-Processing has still not been separated from the character/item outlines. :classic_rolleyes:

Edit - Oh, just discovered that I am not the only one who hates this:

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, bernstein adelheid.8590 said:

To the players that think that nothing really changed, go into maps that have a slight environmental effect, like snowing. In these maps, the differences are HENORMUS.
Divinity's reach Looks like silent hills now.  
All that snow genuinely gave me a head ache after just 15 minutes of playing. 

I've gone to every location listed here and on Reddit.  I see no difference from what I was seeing last night.

• Confused 3

Just now, mythical.6315 said:

I've gone to every location listed here and on Reddit.  I see no difference from what I was seeing last night.

cool good for you, congratulations you came onto a post complaining about a change to complain to people suffering from the change that you dont suffer from it, once again, cool and congratulations, but there's a mountain of people having issues and thats who the thread is for, if you're not having any issues and notice no difference you shouldnt care if the change is reverted now play the game and enjoy since you notice no difference

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

Dahell did u do Anet?! This is awful. It hurts my eyes. Plus i cant even see any change between Low-Med-High (in some maps). Now everything is like on high and very dark and bright and way too much contrast. REMOVE THIS. I cant play like that!

Edited by Carnifex.3275
  • Like 3