WvW Update in the Dec 13th 2022 patch (Wintersday)

Gorani.7205

World vs. World

• Dredge turrets in the Eternal Battlegrounds no longer inflict dazed on their target.

Desert Borderlands

• The Fire Keep lord has been updated to make it less punishing to fight against. The keep lord will apply significantly less crowd control as a result.
  • The keep lord has been given a new primary ranged attack that functions similarly to revenant's Hammer Bolt.
  • The keep lord's cone-shaped knockback attack has had its cooldown increased from 1 second to 6 seconds. This skill was previously the lord's primary attack.
  • The cooldown of the lord's fear ability has been increased from 12 seconds to 24 seconds.
  • The duration of fear applied by this attack is now 1.5 seconds regardless of the player's distance to the keep lord. Previously, this skill could apply up to 3 seconds of fear.
  • The Air Keep lord has been given some slight adjustments to make it less punishing to fight against.
  • The Whirling Prison crowd-control skill no longer removes all stacks of stability when a player attempts to cross the threshold of the ring. It will now remove a single stack of stability, in line with other crowd-control skills.
  • The cooldown of the Whirling Prison skill has been increased from 10 seconds to 15 seconds.

Making the strong(er) NPC Lords weaker? Why? Who asked for that? With all the actual problems on WvW maps, why did this update get Dev time? I am just confused ...

Edited by Gorani.7205
layout
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Making the strong(er) NPC Lords weaker? Why? Who asked for that? With all the actual problems on WvW maps, why did this update get Dev time? I am just confused ...

Agreed. Out of all the things they could be doing in WvW, including some long promised improvements, why bother with this stuff? I was with a squad that took Fire Keep this morning in the face of a strong defense. The lord didn't seem that bothersome even with all the other fighting going on around it.

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

What a TERRIBLE change to the Air Lord. Why even have the donut then when everyone runs with 3+ stacks of stab anyways? That was a core staple of fighting in 2 massive zergs fighting in Air on Beta Reset Night by imprisoning them to the Donut of Shame.

These are not good changes Anet. Please revert them and Buff the Earth Lord too.

Edited by Bristingr.5034
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2

Desert Borderlands

* The Fire Keep lord has been updated to make it less punishing to fight against. The keep lord will apply significantly less crowd control as a result.

* The keep lord has been given a new primary ranged attack that functions similarly to revenant's Hammer Bolt.

* The keep lord's cone-shaped knockback attack has had its cooldown increased from 1 second to 6 seconds. This skill was previously the lord's primary attack.

* The cooldown of the lord's fear ability has been increased from 12 seconds to 24 seconds.

* The duration of fear applied by this attack is now 1.5 seconds regardless of the player's distance to the keep lord. Previously, this skill could apply up to 3 seconds of fear.

* The Air Keep lord has been given some slight adjustments to make it less punishing to fight against.

* The Whirling Prison crowd-control skill no longer removes all stacks of stability when a player attempts to cross the threshold of the ring. It will now remove a single stack of stability, in line with other crowd-control skills.

* The cooldown of the Whirling Prison skill has been increased from 10 seconds to 15 seconds.

Wow. What happenned here? Why was the Stoic/Earth Keep lord not improved versus making the other two weaker. Both of these could be brought down by two to three people already if not solo'd by others. Not a fan of this change. We don't want keeps flipping even faster than can be already done. Was this an issue in scaling perhaps? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Schlochtenberg.1452 said:

They need to make the earth lord (golem) not knock-down able, like the other keep and tower lords.  You can completely shut him down with 3 people, maybe even as a duo.

You don't even need to CC him down, you just need two people that are geared out to havoc that can take some hits.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

The april fools 2023 patch came early huh....

Of all the things they choose to "fix" in wvw...

Btw anet we can cheese air lord by dragging him to a corner and just dps them down..

Desert wasn't ktrainy enough I guess.

Did you send Rum to the devs for an early holiday? Again!? Was somebody out there gaming under the influence?

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Wow. What happenned here? Why was the Stoic/Earth Keep lord not improved versus making the other two weaker. Both of these could be brought down by two to three people already if not solo'd by others. Not a fan of this change. We don't want keeps flipping even faster than can be already done. Was this an issue in scaling perhaps? 

hahah yeah I forgot that's an even bigger joke, you can cc the earth lord 100-0%, they adjust the ones that aren't broken and not the one that is 🤣

14 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Did you send Rum to the devs for an early holiday? Again!? Was somebody out there gaming under the influence?

eh I wouldn't waste good rum this way.... 🥴

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Clearly these changes aren't related to zergs at all, since zergs had no issue with those keeps.

Good to see Anet making some changes relevant towards small group play, although really they need to get rid of tactics like EWP, ironhide and watchtower, if they really want to promote small group play more.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Zebulon.1850 said:

Clearly these changes aren't related to zergs at all, since zergs had no issue with those keeps.

Good to see Anet making some changes relevant towards small group play, although really they need to get rid of tactics like EWP, ironhide and watchtower, if they really want to promote small group play more.

This isn't to aid havocs, these lords weren't really an issue. It will make it harder for defending havocs to arrive to defend since odds are better that the other sides havoc will already have lords down. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Zebulon.1850 said:

As someone who solo/duo roams as well as lead small groups removing those would be detrimental as it doesnt really hinder small groups at all with smart play. There are may many spots you can cata/treb walls of something with watchtower without being "detected". tbh more numbers should be able to take something out faster. Heck no WT would make my job in WvW harder as I enjoy trying to stop groups taking my towers and WT helps me with that.

2 minutes ago, Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

As someone who solo/duo roams as well as lead small groups removing those would be detrimental as it doesnt really hinder small groups at all with smart play. There are may many spots you can cata/treb walls of something with watchtower without being "detected". tbh more numbers should be able to take something out faster. Heck no WT would make my job in WvW harder as I enjoy trying to stop groups taking my towers and WT helps me with that.

lol. Had a new tag show up a month back. They asked in map chat if there was any way to take NET without being spotted by the WT. When people starting saying the various spots the tag asked why I have not seen others use this. Most of the replies were you may need to havoc more.

WTs are more dangerous to large scale because people don't pay attention to the coverage since they don't care if they show up. Havocs and roamers pay more attention since it could mean drawing more than you are looking for. 

• Thanks 1