eater of souls

Blade.8497

@Blade.8497 said:I dont understand why i werent allowed use my inventory? With dragon hunter and bow it was very easy.

Not wanting to reduce your accomplishment but you do realize the EoS was nerfed heavily right?

From the September 22 patch notes:

Bug Fixes:

Story Chapter—The Departing: Drastically decreased the amount of health the Eater of Souls can steal.Story Chapter—The Departing: Increased the duration the defiance bar is vulnerable on the Eater of Souls's leap attack.Story Chapter—The Departing: Removed the Eater of Souls's ability to steal health from pets and minions.

You can't access your inventory for whatever reason, but you can access the hero panel to change your gear and build.

@Cyninja.2954 said:Not wanting to reduce your accomplishment but you do realize the EoS was nerfed heavily right?

Realistically, nothing changed. They added 1s to the breakbar, but made it stronger, and the reduced heal only benefited tank builds and those with pets, since inhale should kill you within 3 seconds.

@Healix.5819 said:You can't access your inventory for whatever reason, but you can access the hero panel to change your gear and build.

@Cyninja.2954 said:Not wanting to reduce your accomplishment but you do realize the EoS was nerfed heavily right?

Realistically, nothing changed. They added 1s to the breakbar, but made it stronger, and the reduced heal only benefited tank builds and those with pets, since inhale should kill you within 3 seconds.

I guess you didn't do the fight pre and post nerf.

The heal pre nerf was literally almost a 30-100% heal depending on when it got interrupted (or if at all). Now post nerf it barely heals him for maybe 10% of his lifebar.

While I personally think it's great they made the fight easier so people have less of an issue finishing it. The fight was severely toned down and the requirement to actually break the defiance bar was made non existent in the post fight change.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:You weren't allowed to use your inventory because it was just part of the story mission mechanics. You're dead and don't have an inventory, and when you find your gear, you only find what you were wearing when you died.

Except you can still change stuff through hero panel so that was just a pointless annoyance.

I wonder if I'm part of the reason this was nerfed. I couldn't dent EoS. And then had a hard crash, totally turned off my computer. I raised hell with support, asked for my money back for PoF. The Departing, in my opinion, should be a two part quest. . Balthazar was hard enough. EoS, impossible. Perhaps I will try again, now. I had given up hope of being able to do The Departing.

Archived