Shooting Gallery Gold.....

I have no words. There are just so many things wrong with this, outside of the enemies that randomly attack you and slow you. Something being difficult because it's well designed is one thing. On the other hand, something being difficult bc it's poorly designed or laziness is something else entirely. This is poorly designed and not well thought out. You really need RNG on your side for the 2nd set of 20 targets. Otherwise, you will be running back and forth eating up too much time. Who thought this was good game design or fun? 

Edited by Solomonlike.7631
  • Like 6
  • Confused 4

I like the concept of it and for the most part, it's fine except for a few things that are just poorly designed. For example, the gun is instanced, why isn't the rest of the mini game instanced too? Being attacked, slowed or killed while trying to complete it is very poor game design. RNG in this mini-game doesn't make the game more difficult, it makes it a bad design. All of the 36/40 or 37/40 I got came from RNG on the second set of 20 targets all spawning near each other like the first set of 20 and not my SKILL. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Solomonlike.7631 said:

I like the concept of it and for the most part, it's fine except for a few things that are just poorly designed. For example, the gun is instanced, why isn't the rest of the mini game instanced too? Being attacked, slowed or killed while trying to complete it is very poor game designed. RNG in this mini-game doesn't make the game more difficult, it makes it a bad designed. All of the 36/40 or 37/40 I got came from RNG on the second set of 20 targets all spawning near each other like the first set of 20 and not my SKILL. 

I agree it the layout with mobs is not good.  I don't love the HoT mini games as is, most are irritating.  Did enough to get some mastery points and called it a day.  I mostly feel like I unproductively just run back and forth.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

There are at most two reasons to do it. Either you really like it or you are really desperate for 1AP? O_o

I'm doing it for the mastery point you get for gold bc I'm trying to clear everything for VB. The reason I'm doing it doesn't change that it's poorly designed. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Solomonlike.7631 said:

OMG! I just did it! Insanely good RNG and I wasn't running around like a chicken with my head cut off! You guys brought me luck. 😄

Complaining on the forum brings luck (I completed my fishing collection just after complaining about the low drop rate), congratulations!

That shooting gallery took me days. I eventually did it when some other player made the event upscale and the first targets respawned after few seconds, so that I didn't have to destroy the last ones, more difficult. The fact that it's not instanced means that it can be indeed too difficult sometimes, but also that you might be lucky.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Healix.5819 said:

If you think it's bad now, note this is the nerfed version - it has an extra minute on the timer.

I bet even fewer people got gold when they only had 2 minutes to hit 40 targets. Especially when the last 20 spawn so random.

11 hours ago, Debesyla.7102 said:

Now imagine - would you have felt happy if it was easy? 🙂 Difficult achievements bring more happiness 🙂 

I'm a Soulsborne player. LOL. I never wanted it to be easy. I like difficult content but the shooting gallery is not difficult bc it pushes your skill to the limit. It's difficult bc it takes away from the player's skill and you have to get incredibly lucky with good RNG on the target spawns. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2022 at 8:34 PM, Rogue.8235 said:

This is a complaint post to see if it helps me get gold.... I mean uh, gold  too hard, make easier.

Unable to dispute my valid points? Of course, so you're here to troll instead. I'll be waiting for you to dispute what I said. 😁

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Solomonlike.7631 said:

Unable to dispute my valid points? Of course, so you're here to troll instead. I'll be waiting for you to dispute what I said. 😁

Not trolling at all, just joking to hopefully make someone laugh.

By the way, posting here did not work, still hadn't gotten gold. 😜😎

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Come back after you go for the AB and TD gold.

There is still one TD adventure I cannot get right, not even close to gold on that one.
Yes, it's the chak pit 😛

On the thread topic. Not sure why ppl struggle with the Shooting Gallery in VB. It took couple of tries, but the rng isn't that big of a problem. After some shots u also have multiple targets available.
Something that helped me aim was zooming into first person.