Can we get cat paws and maybe a tail skin?

asterix.9614

On 12/15/2022 at 6:37 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:

I can only second any "Please, NO!" sentiment. 😉 We already have Charr, no need for cheesy-looking players dressed in kitty gear.

Furries, go play furry-friendly games. Leave Tyria alone. :classic_rolleyes:

I'd hate to tell you this but this is one of the most furry-friendly game that ever existed. Most games don't just roll out an entire furry race, maticulously animated and adorned, with a rich culture. There's only been a few franchises that have gone as far as Guild Wars has to support furries, (the main one being Elder Scrolls, I guess).

A very significant chunk of the player base joined the game just for Charr, and yes that includes pretty little princess female Charr running around in magical girl outfits, who are completely lore-inaccurate.

Now, where's my Crecia face in the makeover kit.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

On 12/15/2022 at 3:09 AM, asterix.9614 said:

We got cat hood, ears, pets, uber cute jade bot mini/ skin, fluffy chair/ bed, warclaw/ some mount skin and an ugly charr race. So, now can we have paws and a moving tail (swishing), pretty PLEASE!

Game is dying, there is lack of new replayable and engaging content but people want new paws and tails.

• Confused 6

I would love a tail 😮 esp if it was a leafy kind for my Sylvari ^^ that would be cool. Otherwise it would seem to only really be good for human or norn. Dno about Asura I do not play them! 

I love Miqo'te in ff and my main is viera so, fuzzy ears and tails are great for me. Super cute! 

I would be getting the shrine guardian ears if they were a bit bigger ^^ and if I had not recently spent a butt load on skins during the sale... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Seems Like people are willing to pay lots of Money for emotes. So yeah, give us the Cat paws and tail to our ears.

And for me pls a fluffy fox tail. I don't really wear Capes so i don't Care about the clipping. Like anet does Not Care about clipping when you Look at 80% of the skins in the wardrobe.

Edited by Fuchslein.8639
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

Seems Like people are willing to pay lots of Money for emotes. So yeah, give us the Cat paws and tail to our ears.

And for me pls a fluffy fox tail. I don't really wear Capes so i don't Care about the clipping. Like anet does Not Care about clipping when you Look at 80% of the skins in the wardrobe.

The tails from the new vulpine mount packs would be absolutely amasing on a player. I'm a fox girl enthusiast and I've been using the Shrine Guardian ears for years.. 😛

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Lemme ask all of you that like to ask for stuff like this, where do you think the line is be before its just too much, or do you think there isn't one at all?  Do you truly think that anything, within the game's Teen rating, goes? Or can at some point some sort of adherence to something of a serious Fantasy setting and aesthetic be necessary?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Lemme ask all of you that like to ask for stuff like this, where do you think the line is be before its just too much, or do you think there isn't one at all?  Do you truly think that anything, within the game's Teen rating, goes? Or can at some point some sort of adherence to something of a serious Fantasy setting and aesthetic be necessary?

I have not asked for things like this, but since I am one of the ones that do not mind this added, I can tell my thoughts on this.

When it comes to fantasy mmos to me it means anything is allowed. Be it futuristic or middle ages, steampunk or synthwave aesthetics, plain or shiny, cute or scary, you name it. Specially in mmos where there are so many different players with different taste and preferences. Now I do not like all of these myself, but when I see these in gw2 I don't mind them. All of these means fantasy to me. So I accept it for what it is.

That said I can understand not everyone sees it this way. This is just how I feel about fantasy mmos. I think if you want a game with true immersion you need to play single games. Mmos are not the place for this.

Edited by Freya.9075
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

9 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Can i ask you Something? Why does ist matter? Or another question where is the Line for you? Because from day one gw2 Had stuff people Like you would call too much. Gw2 was NEVER serious Fantasy, you can See this in the Story, in the Style and in the Fashion.

It's Just a Game. Let the people have fun, and when they trough this also give anet Money thats even better.

And btw, Look in the Game, you people Here in the forum think probaly you are the Standard but thats Not true. Quite the opposite.

Edited by Fuchslein.8639
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

11 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

The tails from the new vulpine mount packs would be absolutely amasing on a player. I'm a fox girl enthusiast and I've been using the Shrine Guardian ears for years.. 😛

It'd actually be pretty fitting to add a Shrine Guardian tail back piece, though I'd hope it'd be one and not multiple. I have the mount, head piece set and outfit. Haven't removed the ears since. (also wish the helmet set came with a face paint variant)

• Like 4

13 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

That line was crossed somewhere around 9 to 10 years ago I believe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

Can i ask you Something? Why does ist matter? Or another question where is the Line for you? Because from day one gw2 Had stuff people Like you would call too much. Gw2 was NEVER serious Fantasy, you can See this in the Story, in the Style and in the Fashion.

It's Just a Game. Let the people have fun, and when they trough this also give anet Money thats even better.

And btw, Look in the Game, you people Here in the forum think probaly you are the Standard but thats Not true. Quite the opposite.

I think you need to calm down. I asked out of purely out of curiosity. And I ask that you not make assumptions about what I think as if they were fact, it gets on my nerves.

I've largely long since dealt with the fact that this game's aesthetics have ceased to be consistent, getting a decent measure of consolation as most stuff largely remained comparable to a Fantasy setting. But how many of you will still say "there is no line" if or even when they start spitting out multiple outfits that are based on modern clothing, something more than just a couple T-shirts or that cap, but stuff that you'd see in Urban (probably the American West Coast) metro centers?

What will the people that aren't on the forums, who do the most spending, think?

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

That line was crossed somewhere around 9 to 10 years ago I believe.

Can't say I disagree with you, but as I already said I've largely made myself deal with it. I don't I also don't want to be one of those people agitating to take away stuff, already existing stuff at least, that other people have paid for or earn within the game. After arguing with those types that want to do that with stuff I like, I don't want to be a hypocrite and do that to others.

Edited by The Greyhawk.9107
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

I think you need to calm down. I asked out of purely out of curiosity. And I ask that you not make assumptions about what I think as if they were fact, it gets on my nerves.

I've largely long since dealt with the fact that this game's aesthetics have ceased to be consistent, getting a decent measure of consolation as most stuff largely remained comparable to a Fantasy setting. But how many of you will still say "there is no line" if or even when they start spitting out multiple outfits that are based on modern clothing, something more than just a couple T-shirts or that cap, but stuff that you'd see in Urban (probably the American West Coast) metro centers?

What will the people that aren't on the forums, who do the most spending, think?

Can't say I disagree with you, but as I already said I've largely made myself deal with it. I don't I also don't want to be one of those people agitating to take away stuff, already existing stuff at least, that other people have paid for or earn within the game. After arguing with those types that want to do that with stuff I like, I don't want to be a hypocrite and do that to others.

Did you Look in the wardrobe for one sec and do you Play the Game at all? I didn't Made any assumptions. The people in Gw2 Like shiny, cute or sexy stuff.

And also More reserved outfits and less shiny.

You will Not believe it buti Like both :D crazy i know.

And about the modern clothing, i don't Care and i Bet a Lot of people would enjoy this. Who am I to dictate to others what they may like.

ANd pls Stop saying Fantasy when you have No Idea what Fantasy is. Fantasy is Not one Genre. Fantasy is Not Just LOTR. My little Pony is also Fantasy....

So calm down and don't be amgery 😛 and Play the Game the way you Like it and let Others Play it  the way they Like it. 

Wish you a nice day~. I have everything Said what i wanted, so i don't will say anymore and derail the Diskussion into a circle.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

Did you Look in the wardrobe for one sec and do you Play the Game at all? I didn't Made any assumptions. The people in Gw2 Like shiny, cute or sexy stuff.

And also More reserved outfits and less shiny.

You will Not believe it buti Like both 😄 crazy i know.

And about the modern clothing, i don't Care and i Bet a Lot of people would enjoy this. Who am I to dictate to others what they may like.

ANd pls Stop saying Fantasy when you have No Idea what Fantasy is. Fantasy is Not one Genre. Fantasy is Not Just LOTR. My little Pony is also Fantasy....

So calm down and don't be amgery 😛 and Play the Game the way you Like it and let Others Play it  the way they Like it. 

Wish you a nice day~. I have everything Said what i wanted, so i don't will say anymore and derail the Diskussion into a circle.

You're being childish, with your moral indignation over what was originally only a question asked out of curiosity that you completely blew out of proportion, not to mention the juvenile accusations of "Do you even play the game at all" or "you don't know what fantasy is".

I'm physically too ill to deal with yours or anyone else's bad faith kitten right now, so I'm not going to give you any more of my time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 12/21/2022 at 10:22 AM, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

A serious Fantasy setting with the technology of the Asura? I think that in GW1 they did it justice but GW2 has not been a serious Fantasy setting from the get go. So perhaps we just need to enjoy it for what it is. Besides, I'm quite happy with all the fashion victims that GW2 has. Makes me feel better about my own choices 🤣

But really, if you want a serious Fantasy setting, GW2 never was and never will be that.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

You're being childish, with your moral indignation over what was originally only a question asked out of curiosity that you completely blew out of proportion, not to mention the juvenile accusations of "Do you even play the game at all" or "you don't know what fantasy is".

I'm physically too ill to deal with yours or anyone else's bad faith kitten right now, so I'm not going to give you any more of my time.

Okay Point to you. I could have phrased the "do you even Play the Game" diffrently. It's Sometimes hard for me to find the right wording in english.

But youre Initial comment was also Not the best of phrasings. I mean all the comments, including yours indicate how Bad of a taste we people have who Like this stuff. So sorry that i'm Not total neutral and watch Out for your Feelings ^^".

And it's okay that you find i'm the childisch one. You are right, I'am(i'm ?) actuall quite childish even with 30, and i'm quite Happy about it. In fact youre complete comment there Say's more about you than about me :).

I Hope you get better soon.

Edited by Fuchslein.8639
  • Like 2

The style of paws and tails should be a customization option while creating Charr characters. I'm not really sure about Charr NPC's having different tails. But we do have the option to give our Charr a Lynx face (for example). So, it would make sense to have more tail options or make the style of the tail dependent on the face option (having a free choice is always better of course). There are few Charr which have unique paw styles, like Gaheron Baelfire or Lava Shamans to name two. Right now, all paws look the same for the rest, which is very annoying. All Charr have super long claws on feet and hands for example, which doesn't fit some classes like Mesmer or Engineer. Also, the feet claws are always protruding. I would appreciate more options here.

In terms of armor skins for non-Charr characters, I don't see a problem to give people a few customization options. It doesn't fit the lore. But at this point, we've seen worse. And we already have cat ears as a head armor piece.

• Like 2

A few comments on these discussions..

First of all, "fantasy" is a trope, its usually defined as Tolkien fantasy, or "high fantasy", not classical fantasy. Its not a word that means anything in particular and players throw it around too much. Just say that you're looking for stuff like Shakespearian fantasy, so others can actually know what you're talking about.

High fantasy, which is the modern definition of "fantasy", was never meant to take itself seriously to begin with. Even the most serious works are full of tropes, intentionally, because when you take yourself too seriously it starts to eat into your ability to deliver a story effectively (suspension of disbelief). Its a well-known paradox, where most players feel less invested and immersed in a story that is hard-line on its setting, because in the real-world people and cultures are extremely colorful and diverse which means a "realistic" setting actually uncanny.

In other words, the more realistic you try to make it, the less immersive it becomes.

Second, policing what you want to see in the game is very similar to policing ideals and presentations offline. Not wanting someone to run around with cat ears and tail is very similar to stuff like, not wanting a girl to wear pants, because real girls only wear dresses (a common conservative ideal here). You may not see it that way, but that's more than likely either willful ignorance or cognitive dissonance.

"I play this game because I like it being how I like it to be", is an entirely self-centered viewpoint, and completely disregards that other people play the game who are very different from you.

The entire point of video games is--and always has been--that a literal furry Charr magical girl maid Thief Fionna Squishpaws [Sweet Tooth] can show up and fight alongside renowned Warrior Brigalde the Dragonslayer [Queller of Profane Whispers] in his full set of legendary armor that covers everything except his beard, and they can be best friends and save the world together. To me that's always been MMOs, especially, in a nutshell.

I don't know what games you've been playing, but that's every game I've played since the late 90s. The sheet amount of over-the-top camp in this game doesn't even hold a candle to the rediculousness of World of Warcraft and its predecessors and many, many clones.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 3
  • Confused 6