Hammer Berzerker is Perhaps a Little Broken (sPVP Montage)

SnakeGTX.3509

Yeah! this is why I can't quite quit berserker PvP also (though I don't play much lately).  Like you said, it doesn't always work, and every other warrior seems to have moved on to a more technical Spellbreaker, but the sheer joy of just being a wrecking ball/IDGAF sort of berserker is where how I get that pvp itch scratched.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

That actually looks really fun to play.

Logging into my Warrior to test this now.

What build are you using dude? If you don't mind sharing.

It is a pure dopemine build, lol. Here it is.

26 minutes ago, CaffeeCup.5742 said:

Yeah! this is why I can't quite quit berserker PvP also (though I don't play much lately).  Like you said, it doesn't always work, and every other warrior seems to have moved on to a more technical Spellbreaker, but the sheer joy of just being a wrecking ball/IDGAF sort of berserker is where how I get that pvp itch scratched.

Yep, lol. When matchmaking does as horrible as it has this last season, yolo berzerker is a fine substitute for winning.

Edited by SnakeGTX.3509
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is unranked.  So against noobs and such.   Why rifle? 

can not see this even close to working after you leave bronze.      Can show you better and easier numbers with a sic em rangers or lol a mech 

2/ 10 on this build 

Edited by Lysico.4906
  • Confused 15

52 minutes ago, Lysico.4906 said:

This is unranked.  So against noobs and such.   Why rifle? 

can not see this even close to working after you leave bronze.      Can show you better and easier numbers with a sic em rangers or lol a mech 

2/ 10 on this build 

He even said himself it doesnt work alot of the time, but when it does, he is having alot of fun. Not everything has to work in MAT, in order to have fun with it.

For him, the build is pure dopamine, and thats all that matters.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Lysico.4906 said:

This is unranked.  So against noobs and such.

Me, playing unranked in the evening, for whatever reason getting repeatedly matched with gods, demigods, kings, princesses, champion brawlers and whatnot. Noobs and such. Yes, totally.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, SnakeGTX.3509 said:

Hello! I had the brilliant idea to learn and test out hammer berzerker on Monday. It doesn't always work, but when it does, oooh is it fun! Here is the result: 

*Spits out coffee*

10k+ fierce blows on hammer zerker? Let's goooo

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

What a time to be a warrior

Having played it in the last 3 years... yeah I've been thinking this too the last week.

Even in unranked the condi spb crap is showing up and holy kitten this game did not need another condi bunker. Especially not one that is kinda like staff mirage but doesn't need to stealth or teleport.

Hammer everything war also shows up quite often, it reminds me of wb. You can die to someone just going over their skills if you're not careful.

And today in seitung meta, a hammer/dagger/axe spb was top dps by a lot (compared to 2nd dps).

This went from 0 (if you ignore the few months of bs bunker) to 100 pretty fast. I was fighting this cool thief in wvw a few months ago, the thief told me war was about to get insane. Didn't believe at the time but I'm starting to now.

The thrill of dueling a good war is getting lower with each new build that shows up...

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Having played it in the last 3 years... yeah I've been thinking this too the last week.

Even in unranked the condi spb crap is showing up and holy kitten this game did not need another condi bunker. Especially not one that is kinda like staff mirage but doesn't need to stealth or teleport.

Hammer everything war also shows up quite often, it reminds me of wb. You can die to someone just going over their skills if you're not careful.

And today in seitung meta, a hammer/dagger/axe spb was top dps by a lot (compared to 2nd dps).

This went from 0 (if you ignore the few months of bs bunker) to 100 pretty fast. I was fighting this cool thief in wvw a few months ago, the thief told me war was about to get insane. Didn't believe at the time but I'm starting to now.

The thrill of dueling a good war is getting lower with each new build that shows up...

I've pulled 40k Break Enchantment numbers in the EoD metas. I'm not sure what the bench is now that Fierce Blow's bug was fixed, but Power Spellbreaker is no longer a joke in PvE.

• Confused 1

before the hammer nerfs years ago (which i still maintain was the single worst balance patch i've ever seen for any game)

i used to play hammer zerker in pvp with a full utility bar of cc skills, everything from Kick to Stomp and Headbutt!

it was hellishly fun being able to stunlock people to death who didn't have stability or stunbreaks 😁

nice to see they have got a little bit of their damage back!

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 6:13 AM, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Imagine if ele has a single skill that hit for that much. Everyone be throwing arms in disapproval of it.

What's the difference between getting mogged by an ele who gets to pre-cast and free-cast a bunch of skills that all line up together effortlessly and a warrior who has to land two attacks that actually have some semblance of a cast animation and travel time?  Zerk hammer and burst cata, for instance, more or less run the same exact tactic; if anything, the zerk hammer is probably more difficult to pilot just because you don't get to coat yourself in a passive stun aura while attacking and rotate out of your flubbed weapon attacks into 3 other weapons to run away (or reset all your misfires with an elite skill).  Not saying either of them are particularly fun to fight, but if anything, you can at least see what the warrior is attempting to do, and there's some semblance of counterplay (even if it's probably going to come down to being something SUPER lame like needing to run away because the guy is suddenly taking 0 damage for about 10s straight while still attacking; but, again, that sort of low-effort, gimmick pressure is often what makes catas impossible to 1v1, so again, what's the real difference lmao).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Swagg.9236 said:

What's the difference between getting mogged by an ele who gets to pre-cast and free-cast a bunch of skills that all line up together effortlessly and a warrior who has to land two attacks that actually have some semblance of a cast animation and travel time?  Zerk hammer and burst cata, for instance, more or less run the same exact tactic; if anything, the zerk hammer is probably more difficult to pilot just because you don't get to coat yourself in a passive stun aura while attacking and rotate out of your flubbed weapon attacks into 3 other weapons to run away (or reset all your misfires with an elite skill).  Not saying either of them are particularly fun to fight, but if anything, you can at least see what the warrior is attempting to do, and there's some semblance of counterplay (even if it's probably going to come down to being something SUPER lame like needing to run away because the guy is suddenly taking 0 damage for about 10s straight while still attacking; but, again, that sort of low-effort, gimmick pressure is often what makes catas impossible to 1v1, so again, what's the real difference lmao).

I'd rather fight zerker berserker. Has less defensive CDs, no aoe fields, when you focus it he just dies and oh, won't port around thru terrain I can't follow on verge of death. I'd say, all those make huge difference.

Edited by Morwath.9817
  • Like 2