Need advice on good wvw roaming engineer builds

Gatsby.7420

Starting out, Scrapper is the most "core-like" elite spec, you only have to learn a few new abilities. The trait line itself provides good mobility (super speed) and utility (stomp / res gyro), from defense (stab, barrier) to offense (fury, might). Hammer is a great weapon.

Holosmith's biggest advantages are the mobility, condi clear and bursts from forge. Using photon forge well is your bread and butter. I am personally not fond of sword since what it offers mostly overlaps with  forge (melee attacks, leap, mid range projectiles).

Don't play Mechanist, it's been nerfed multiple times now and has a stupid AI to deal with. Rangers are in a better state when you want a pet class. Right now they either lack damage or defense.

You can make still make core work somewhat, but I wouldn't recommend that one either. If you insist on it, I'd suggest Explosives, Alchemy and Tools, those are the best core lines right now imo. Rifle's been in a bad state for a while now though so you likely need grenades for damage.

1 hour ago, ZeroSkitzo.5403 said:

Check GuildJen’s roaming build section. She has a few different builds listed. 
As far as strongest, I’d say nade holo is prob at the top. 

GuildJen's builds are a starting point, but you certainly want to tweak them. My impression is that most of the good trait / weapon / utility picks are there but distributed over the top 3 builds and every single one by itself includes some questionable choices.

Edited by Silinsar.6298