2022 was the year of GW2 for me. Decided to dive into the Legendary content.

Einsof.1457

I will try to keep this as short as possible. I want people to know that I am not a sweaty hardcore. I am a parent who works a full time job. 

I have always been on and off gw2, with my endgame focus as fractals, since it has always been easy to hop into fractals and clear T4s in 30-40 mins with pugs usually. 

In 2022 I decided I wanted Legendary stuff. I decided to finish my ad infinitum back piece first. After that, I went and got the prismatic legendary amulet. 

These two were relatively easy for me. But I suddenly realized if I get 6/6 legendary trinkets I will never have to worry about trinkets ever again. I decided I was going to go for it.

I went for Aurora and Vision, and I also joined Sneb's guild Skein Gang, who facilitate over 50 raid statics of all skill levels. I joined a HoT training static that met once a week for two hours. Over a couple months, I got my first legendary armor piece, and also joined a POF learning static 2 hours per week. Over time I got full legendary armor set for light armor, and all 6/6 trinkets. I did WvW on the side very casually for conflux. Not my favorite content, but it wasn't bad. I finished my coalescence last weekend and reached my 2022 goal of 6/6 legendary trinkets. 

Now I am working on my 2nd piece of medium legendary gear, and still have the heavy set to go. I have yet to make a legendary weapon yet but I want to do that soon.

I just want to say, I was scared to tackle raiding for many many years, but it wasn't bad at all and I think anyone can do it. In fact, I met a lot of cool people who I enjoy playing with which is great. As an old 35 year old guy, I feel like a kid again a few hours a week which is actually refreshing and makes me happy. I really liked getting my 6/6 trinkets because it actually got me out into the world of GW2 more, and doing more and more stuff I wouldn't have done otherwise. Especially Aurora and Vision were very fun I think.

TLDR: Don't be afraid to hop into raids and go for legendary trinkets! If I can do it, anyone can do it. The trick is to just be chill. The collections look daunting but if you look at it from the perspective of a little bit at a time, it actually goes by fast. Another trick is try to have fun in the moment. If you are not having fun, take a break. It's not about the end destination, but you can have fun while playing too. 

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 3

• Einsof.1457 changed the title to 2022 was the year of GW2 for me. Decided to dive into the Legendary content.

I finished off Aurora, Vision, and Exordium this year, and several others in the works.  They are fun to do, especially when you go from arrrrrrgggghhh never going to finish this to oh hey I'm almost done!  

OP, congratulations on your goals and accomplishments, and enjoyed the read.  Also a good reminder to try different content, and it is possible with jobs and family, and might find something we really enjoy!  

• Like 2

Good job but I still don't do raids and will have 6 Trinkets and 6 Armor too /shrug. I also started doing them this year. 

Raid LFG + The unnecessarily confusing collection isn't worth the effort to me, nor is it fun to deal with till it's better designed in-game so I just farmed WvW tickets and Spvp shards for 6x Armor and Backpiece. Just need to farm gold to finish Aurora/Vision/2 Conflux atm. I'd have them already if I wasn't so addicted to Jormag leggy weapons (they're so much more fun than Trinkets! Which I'll likely toggle off anyways).

TLDR: Raids are pewp and can be skipped. 😄

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

As an old 35 year old guy, I feel like a kid again a few hours a week

cries in 57

Indeed, gaming can keep one creative and involved.  I'm glad you found a good static.  Raiding hasn't been my thing as I just don't have the reflexes (nor a static), but 2022 also has been my version of Legendary in that I made three legendary weapons.  Pharus for its looks, and the Aurene staff and gs for their ease.  Previously I had only ever made HOPE.  And I have played almost daily since launch.

The trinkets would be a good QoL.  I don't know if I have the attention span needed for them, but you are motivating me to once again at least review what's involved.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Donari.5237 said:

The trinkets would be a good QoL.  I don't know if I have the attention span needed for them, but you are motivating me to once again at least review what's involved.

I crafted Aurora this year and overall it wasn't too bad. I chose to do the reward tracks in WvW for the 6 zones and that got me out of having to do the larger achievement collections for each zone. And if you choose to do Aurora and Vision you'll get a decent way into getting the "Return to" necklace.

This is the first year I decided to craft legendaries. I've completed Exordium, the Minstrel (which I sold), the Moot and Aurene's axe. For trinkets I've done the Return to necklace and Aurora. I think I'm about halfway through Vision. And probably this weekend I'll craft Kudzu. I'm also farming tickets in WvW for either Conflux or Warbringer (haven't decided which to do first yet). 
I don't think I will get into raiding. I know it's easier than it has been but my schedule isn't really set and I don't have a guild.
Either way, it's been a good GW2 year for me. Looking forward to the next.

Edit: oh, and I helped my wife craft her first legendary as well (Aurene dagger for her Virtuoso).

Edited by idpersona.3810
  • Like 3

been there, done that. Legendary gear is worthless when the only profession you play have just one useful stat and I'm not touching raids EVER so unless they allow us to turn all WvW Mistforged gear/Mist Trinkets into legendary gear, I'm not bothering with a second set of legendary gear.

Edited by Arianth Moonlight.6453
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

12 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

TLDR: Don't be afraid to hop into raids and go for legendary trinkets! If I can do it, anyone can do it. The trick is to just be chill. The collections look daunting but if you look at it from the perspective of a little bit at a time, it actually goes by fast. Another trick is try to have fun in the moment. If you are not having fun, take a break. It's not about the end destination, but you can have fun while playing too. 

5 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Good job but I still don't do raids and will have 6 Trinkets and 6 Armor too /shrug. I also started doing them this year. 

Raid LFG + The unnecessarily confusing collection isn't worth the effort to me, nor is it fun to deal with till it's better designed in-game so I just farmed WvW tickets and Spvp shards for 6x Armor and Backpiece. Just need to farm gold to finish Aurora/Vision/2 Conflux atm. I'd have them already if I wasn't so addicted to Jormag leggy weapons (they're so much more fun than Trinkets! Which I'll likely toggle off anyways).

TLDR: Raids are pewp and can be skipped. 😄

One of the things I really like about GW2 is that there are a variety of ways a person can play to reach their goals. It wasn't until Anet first announced the coming of the Legendary Armory that I got serious about leggies. Raids, PvP, and WvW will all get a person legendary gear. Personally, I don't like raids or pvp so I got all three classes of leggy armor, the backpiece, and two Confluxes from playing wvw. While doing that, I also farmed gold to buy gen1 leggy weapons. At this point I have 10 gen1 weapons and have 1,300 gold in the bank toward the purchase of my next one. As another short term goal, I'm also working on collecting the mats to make leggy sigils & runes. For long term goals, I am slowly chipping away at the collections for Vision and The Flameseeker Prophecies shield.  A shield is the very last leggy weapon I would buy so I figured why not work on the collections for it while I get the other leggies I want more. The nicest thing about all these legendaries is that even after 5 years of playing this game, they give me goals that keep me actively engaged in Tyria on a daily basis. I love it!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

been there, done that. Legendary gear is worthless when the only profession you play have just one useful stat and I'm not touching raids EVER so unless they allow us to turn all WvW Mistforged gear/Mist Trinkets into legendary gear, I'm not bothering with a second set of legendary gear.

Sorry for your loss. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Good read.

For me, it was the complete opposite. When I first started playing GW2 before HoT was released, I quickly realize how easy/boring everything was. The open world bosses/metas were fun the first 2-3 times, but it just got really repetitive afterwards. Even dungeons /fractals were not engaging enough so I quit for a bit. When I came back, Raid Wing 7 had just been released. I jumped straight into raiding. My fractal level at the time was 26 and I only had a lvl 80 core ranger in exotics. I came from the hyper competitive game League of Legends so the occasional toxicity I came across while learning raids via the LFG was no issue. Ignored them and just kept going.

Eventually I got to the point where I can do any raid role, had all 9 professions with raid builds, and had ~2k Legendary Insights but not a single legendary equipment. The reason being I could not bring myself to do open world/fractals to craft the legendary gear. I decided to get my fractal level to 100 to maybe try fractal CM's and easily got Ad Infinitum along the way. After seeing how convenient this was with the Legendary Armory, I decided to try to craft all three sets of legendary armor at once and also started working on the "Return to achievements".

I gotta say, having to chop hundreds of woods, mine hundreds of ores, and harvest hundreds of plants is slowly killing me for the "return to achievements". It does not feel legendary at all. I also gotta do the HoT metas on a daily basis for about a month for the armor. Like it was fun the first 2 times, but it is just so boring. It's looking like I gotta do the Chak Gerent meta 45 times for my 90 chak eggs. It also feels like a second job since metas are on specific timers. At least with raids, I can just open up the LFG and hop into any group that is looking or just start my own group whenever I feel like it. If I can't attend a HoT meta at a specific time, I will pretty much have to wait the next day due to having limited time. 

I don't think the WvW component of the legendary trinkets will be that bad since I plan on commanding. Hopefully, time flies by faster that way.

I also have a full time job and would not consider myself a "super gamer". I get outplayed by children all the time in other games as my eyes and reaction time are not what they used to be. I guess whenever I see folks say they are intimidated by raids, it is a little perplexing for me. Raids would be the fun part, and the HoT metas would be the boring part of the legendary armor from my perspective. I pray to the Six every time I loot the chak gerent chest to give me 10 chak eggs instead of 1.

Edited by A Hamster.2580
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

I am genuinely curious as to what profession has only one useful stat (set?). I have at least one of every profession and each has multiple builds using different stat sets.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I am genuinely curious as to what profession has only one useful stat

maybe I should have said "specialization"?

I only play Reaper and while condi is equal to power (or so they say), Scourge and Harbinger are supposedly better so condi Reaper is kinda pointless.
that leaves Reaper only with Berserker's (anything else is wasting time).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

maybe I should have said "specialization"?

I only play Reaper and while condi is equal to power (or so they say), Scourge and Harbinger are supposedly better so condi Reaper is kinda pointless.
that leaves Reaper only with Berserker's (anything else is wasting time).

I see.

Ive done some very fun things with Valk gear on a reaper myself and marauder's extra health affects reaper shroud but zerk is certainly a solid choice.