AFK Wars 2

Sthenastia.3642

Lmao, that's got to be a paid throw.  You're about to get two points; you have at least one active down (probably just killed two guys); your entire team is up (paid-off sb likely just spawned); sub-100 point deficit; probably in a good position to grab one of the buffs.  There's no way you can't roll a comeback off of that.

Also:

>dying as sb LMAOOOOO

Edited by Swagg.9236

This one time I had to answer the door because my neighbor came over. Sometimes you just have to afk for life reasons. That being said they may have been paid off idk.

I don't really blame someone if they afk with a 150+ point deficit. But while winning, that will always be seen as sus.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Morwath.9817 said:

Reason I enjoy Unranked more. People actualy que to play.

I recently played some unranked during the last 2v2 season. There were so many matches that were shutouts (100+ points difference)  within a few minutes. I would usually give it to 150 before calling it, but I had to stop playing for my own sanity more times than I could count.

Problem is you have new players that are like "I love playing core revenant in pvp!" VS. a meta vomitsmith with 4 CCs, enough dps to melt 30k hp faster than you can say "what?" Also making them question "why can you cc 4 time from range while also killing me?" And if by some miracle they almost kill the eng, the eng can just rocket, shrink, stealth itself away.Or heaven forbid they get put up against one of the meta immortal elementalists warrior or mesmer.

There needs to be a forfeit button when the winning team is alredy clear.

I find it a bit weird with the censoring in the screen - actually seems like your name was censored and the name of the guy (other person) - uncensored (which should be against the forum rules).

Afaik I remember someone with a similar name yesterday. He duo queued with another guy. The other guy announced "I am going far" ... after the match started (not in the preparation phase lol) ... we got killed at mid. And his duo buddy messaged me that I should play Holo in the future cause Mechanist sucks. I then decided to play bad on purpose to even annoy them more. (Dislike such personality where people try to dictate others how/what they should play.)

The one in the screen (if it was not one of the same persons I encountered yesterday) ... seems similar. With his "too slow". Looking to others for mistakes. When he could adapt instead. (And when the red team is at an advantage actually. Point-wise ... + the mini map at least does not show enemies near mid/close ... might be able to cap/recap that and then defend at mid. I guess some blue guys got killed waiting for respawn.)

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Morwath.9817 said:

Then your're part of the problem, as person who gives up too early.

Perhaps. Like I said, I usually only give up after a 150+ point difference, as those matches are nearly impossible to turn around. In ranked I usually play it out; but, I also usually feel worse playing than I do minimizing the game in such cases.

• Confused 2

On 12/17/2022 at 1:44 AM, Swagg.9236 said:

Lmao, that's got to be a paid throw.  You're about to get two points; you have at least one active down (probably just killed two guys); your entire team is up (paid-off sb likely just spawned)

Or 4 blue players killed war at far and now they are going to ez win mid due to 4v3. And it looks like 3 red guys on mid need 30 seconds to kill 1 willblender.

Also, there are type of thief players called "decapbot". But there is ever worse type - thieves who stand for full cap.

7 minutes ago, Lysico.4906 said:

You LOG out and don’t cost your team points.  That was a kitten move Pallas.     

No, the poop move was from the dog.

edit (because clearly Lysico takes this way too seriously): Sometimes in the moment things take precedent. You aren't thinking 'Well, I should log out and save my teams some points - la dee kitten' and instead may be thinking 'OMFG WHAT JUST HAPPENED???' and deal with it urgently.

The casual AFK does happen. I'm just saying that sometimes there are extenuating circumstances.

Edited by pallas.8150
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Rogue.8235 said:

Interesting that the responses assume the OP was losing, when his team is the winning team (the point being that even when winning, there's afkers).

That's what we call match manipulation. 

Usually when an elitist P1-2 player is getting steam rolled by someone, they throw a tantrum, phone a friend, and tell them to afk on the opposite team so that they can win 4v5. 

Edited by Stallic.2397
  • Thanks 3