Request: Optional in-game "about me" character cards

Einsof.1457

42 minutes ago, Arnox.5128 said:

You can just talk to people and I do it all the time, but an About Me section could actually give more ways to start a convo. "Oh, I see you like so and so. I like so and so too!"

In reality though, I just spent 4 hours overthinking what to write, only to figure out I didn't like it. It's definitely an anti-fun experience akin to installing skyrim mods or character creators with excessive choice. I just wanna play the game, dammit! 

Edited by Westenev.5289

4 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Sure, if someone is of the type to actively avoid interacting with others, or isnt sufficiently interested to pay attention when whispered then they should probably be left alone as they obviously desire rather than have others attempt to pry....after all you can figure out what they are wearing, etc by looking and consulting the wardrobe, etc.

Or we could have a skin inspect tool.

4 hours ago, Westenev.5289 said:

In reality though, I just spent 4 hours overthinking what to write, only to figure out I didn't like it. It's definitely an anti-fun experience akin to installing skyrim mods or character creators with excessive choice. I just wanna play the game, dammit! 

Then play the game and don't use it.

Edited by Arnox.5128
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Arnox.5128 said:

Then play the game and don't use it.

Could you play skyrim without mods, or use a "preset" character? No! If the option is there, and it must be done, no matter the cost! xD It's my mentality towards games, and simply saying "don't" wouldn't work if such a feature existed.

9 hours ago, Arnox.5128 said:

Or we could have a skin inspect tool

Or you could use the tools that already exist to inspect skins. If people are unwilling to use the existing tools, and call it stupid that different tools do not exist, there isnt much incentive to produce more tools.

Then again a 400-800 gems inspect gismo in the gem store could simultaneously address the concerns of those unable to use the existing options while justifying the development cost.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Westenev.5289 said:

Could you play skyrim without mods, or use a "preset" character? No! If the option is there, and it must be done, no matter the cost! xD It's my mentality towards games, and simply saying "don't" wouldn't work if such a feature existed.

Alright, fair enough, but you gotta admit that that is at least much more a personal problem than a problem with the feature.

19 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Or you could use the tools that already exist to inspect skins.

There IS no skin inspect tool. And no, browsing the Wardrobe for 10+ minutes is not a "skin inspect tool." Not even talking about the fact that some skins are not viewable in the Wardrobe at all anyway until you actually have them.

Edited by Arnox.5128
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

+ to this character card ...

Is it one card per account or... Per character... Shd we buy the card for each char slots or when we complete a certain story chapter we get it? Will our personal story choices be reflected in that card if it's char based?

Curious and curiouserrr

My preference would be a seperate one for each character, but with the option to cut and paste text, so if you want the same thing on all of them it's easy to do that.

I'd also like it to just be a free text box so everyone can choose what they want to say. If a role-player thinks some of the personal story choices are especially relevant to their character they can include them, if they want to write a totally original story they can do that instead. Or someone who doesn't care about the personal story could list the group content they like doing, or advertise their guild or simply say hi.

Also if it has to be a paid feature I think it should be something you only have to buy once for your whole account. It would be a nice thing to have but it's not the kind of game-changer that would justify paying for it multiple times.

• Like 1

Hmm, to have or not to have?  Well, I can see how other people would like/love a feature like this.  Me?  I prefer a good mystery, especially if it involves myself!  I probably wouldn't use such a feature...But, I can see the appeal for other users.

I mean, I was wrong about the fishing.  They actually made it more engaging than some other games clickety style way of doing it.  There's actually something to do to actually fish than just click the mouse!  Of course, not everyone likes it, but...I do find it a bit more enjoyable than I thought I would.

So, who knows...if they do add something like this, I may like it.  May use it in the end as well (if not just for a fictional purpose for my character).