Please split post processing into separate options [Merged]

Dragnor.8174

I still can not understand, why you bundle these together. Every other game give people option what to turn on. I really want some of them, but not all. For example I like the lighting change in areas, but I hate the bloom, or the outlines on characters. So why not give options. You have so many options for other things, but why not here?

I guess this is very common request, but I do not care. Maybe if there is enough of this threads, someone will actually do something about It after so many years.

• Like 10

yes please. I just want to get rid of bloom completely (if you like it, go try doing reality rifts in frostgorge sound and tell me how it works out for you...)

EDIT: That guy whos giving confused face, go try it and report back how nice it was....

Edited by McWelp.1723
typos
  • Confused 2

Here's Josh Davis' recent comment about this: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/125525-revert-the-post-processing-change-now-merged/page/4/#comment-1817958

"When we set out to make these changes, we recognized that we'd need to give players control over settings like light bloom by separating it out from postprocessing. That change didn't make it into today's build, so we're reverting the color grading and postprocessing changes and will ship them all together once that is ready."

As for timing, in earlier comment he mentions that we will hear more about it "early next year".

• Thanks 1

On 12/20/2022 at 10:46 AM, McWelp.1723 said:

yes please. I just want to get rid of bloom completely (if you like it, go try doing reality rifts in frostgorge sound and tell me how it works out for you...)

EDIT: That guy whos giving confused face, go try it and report back how nice it was....

I don't have issues doing those rifts (I'm not the confused one), but then again I do have different profiles saved on my monitor. The gaming profile is noticeably darker than the color calibrated one I use for image editing. Note that most monitors are set very bright and high on contrast on the default factory settings.

Edit: I know adjusting your own settings can be confusing (also as a concept) but it's really quite easy. If it gets too confusing you can always ask for help.

Edited by Jukhy.2431
  • Confused 1

It's always shoddily taped together games, like every PC port from the Xbox360 era, that would do this kind of thing. It's like they haven't figured out -- or simply never took the time to try -- how to split graphical features out. 

Let us pick the options we want. Who asked for "colour gradients" or whatever the post peocessing update changed. No one. No one cares. You know what people do care about? All the forced graphical diarrhoea. Bloom, particle spam, both complained about forever...no action. GG no re.

• 3 weeks later...

Since the update will come, I hope its rework will include a separation of the following settings:

• Color Contrasts/Black Point
  • Haze
  • Bloom
  • Character/Object Outlines

People should be able to activate each of those separately (or have them all turned off, if so desired).

Edit - For reference:

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

• Forum Moderator.3074 changed the title to Please split post processing into separate options [Merged]