Holo overboard

RazieL.5684

2 hours ago, RazieL.5684 said:

it is 0 counter play because they were stealthed for the whole duration and if the timestamps included seconds (as they should have) you could see all of those hits together in the same second

That's just the nature of stealth in this game. The trade-off of gimmick builds like this is that they're less effective than a normal build outside of that surprise burst. 

---In most cases. 

If you want a build that can one shot from stealth that isn't a meme, you should try fighting Untamed. 

Long Bow 4 --> Precast Hilt Bash -> Port onto target -> Maul + Tail Swipe. And despite having this in their arsenal, they're a lot more durable than an overheat holo. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Wait are we really complaining about a skill that :

-requires  build up aka wasting skill for a few second to prepare for the overheat

-requires a pinpoint heat management so you explode on your target, not before not after

-disable your toolbelt skill on overheat for 10 sec

-disable your photon forge until all the heat is removed

-has very poor range and cannot be increased

-has roughly a 1-2 sec delay before exploding 

The build is literally a hit and run because it cant do anything once it overheat. If you get hit by that then it's on you 100%.  What I see here isnt Holosmith being overbuffed. It is another proof that stealth in this game is broken and needs a rework

Edited by Alcatraznc.3869
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, RazieL.5684 said:

this is not even the main point here... i am arguing semantics in a thread i made for a passive trait that can outright by itself down 5 people regardless of the class

You were the one starting the whole discussion about what is melee and what isn't, because you were refuting that people told you the skill is considered melee.

i stand corrected with berserker gear even warrior and necro have lower max health (19,212) than what this hit for (19,807)...

Warrior is a high armor class, it won't take 19k damage from that trait. Necromancer has shroud, which comes with a hefty damage reduction as well. These 2 classes definitely won't get downed by the detonation all by itself.

again, i was warned not to come here and now i know why... proceed with your circlejerk...

I am sorry that you feel that way, but multiple people chimed in here telling you why the damage of this trait is justified. Them disagreeing with you is not "circlejerking".

And I don't think you actually argued in good faith here, either. You said that you want the trait to get it's damage reduced by 80%, so it just deals 4k damage to enemies it hits. You want this trait to just deal as much damage to enemies as the holosmith is dealing to themselves by using it. That makes no sense, no one is going to use an ability that deals the same damage to yourself as to your enemy when every other attack in the game doesn't affect you negatively and many of them hit way harder than 4k.

You got killed by a meme build, got mad about it while not fully understanding how the trait you are mad about actually works and then decided to come to the forum to complain about it. If you go uninformed into the forum and make statements which are simply wrong, yeah, you will get corrected by people.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The only thing I'm getting from this thread that is useful is that my Greatsword attacks should have 240 range on their melee swings...

That's not true. You also now got the information from Raziel that dragon slash force is in fact a ranged attack. So all the complaints that bladesworns have to sit still in melee range for this ability are not true. It is ranged and totally safe, because you outrange all these pesky melee classes!

3 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

That's not true. You also now got the information from Raziel that dragon slash force is in fact a ranged attack. So all the complaints that bladesworns have to sit still in melee range for this ability are not true. It is ranged and totally safe, because you outrange all these pesky melee classes!

Nonsense, Reach is the ranged attack you silly goose.

13 hours ago, RazieL.5684 said:

https://freeimage.host/i/HzVjcss

i have a feeling that something is not quite right here... the moment i arrive to the battle field i get nuked from stealth by 1 person... any chance they got a little bit overboard with the holo buffs? maybe? just a little bit?...

Corona Burst hitting you for 5166 damage means both of you are running mostly pure glass.

Getting stomped by a meme kill-a-minute build as a glass is... eh.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The only thing I'm getting from this thread that is useful is that my Greatsword attacks should have 240 range on their melee swings...

And I just noticed.... people were complaining about bladesworn having a melee pistol.

Turns out, this is wrong! It's not melee, it has 240 range, which is totally ranged now apparently!
Congratulations! You got your wish of a ranged pistol for warrior! 😄

• Sad 2

27 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I'm just confused about why he use sword as reference for elementalist's melee attack... Dagger is melee and it's minimum range is 240.

Also, it make me wonder again why a greatsword don't reach farther than a dagger... I think I stopped wondering in 2014... This thread make me younger!

5 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Can I have a ranged greatsword then? I mean I can throw it and all, but still...

Next warrior elite spec: Kratos

Power dps spec that replaces F1 with a new weapon, which puts a greatsword on a chain for you to swing around. Range: 300

(Don't do this, anet, if warrior gets another dps spec before a support spec I am seriously going to lose my sanity)

8 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I'm just confused about why he use sword as reference for elementalist's melee attack... Dagger is melee and it's minimum range is 240.

Also, it make me wonder again why a greatsword don't reach farther than a dagger... I think I stopped wondering in 2014... This thread make me younger!

Yeah, daggers having the same range (not you ele) as greatswords always bothered me. To me, it should be melee ranges of:
Daggers: 90
Other 1handers: 130
2Handers: 240

Going beyond that would be require 'magic.' You will see though that the non AA attacks have increased strike ranges on a lot of melee weapons.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Next warrior elite spec: Kratos

Power dps spec that replaces F1 with a new weapon, which puts a greatsword on a chain for you to swing around. Range: 300

(Don't do this, anet, if warrior gets another dps spec before a support spec I am seriously going to lose my sanity)

BUT when you swing the chaos blades you heal allies around you! But only within 130 range.

1 minute ago, Kodama.6453 said:

The thing is that warrior is loaded with support and have been primarily used as support for most of the game's lifespan... Put yourself in ANet's shoes, they've been stared hatefully by big sweaty muscle men asking them why they are always used as support in PvE since forever.

They tried an e-spec something sounding very damage oriented (berserker) and yet it was corrupted by the community into a support. They tried to make it sound like it would break things (spellbreaker), yet there was barely anything to break so it continued to support. Lastly they tried to appeal to the martial fantasy by using a name that relate to weapon (bladesworn) yet people still manage to corrupt the thing into a potent offensive support.

Worse, each time a build exploiting core warrior's ability to heal allies appear (usually in sPvP), the devs are forced by the community to nerf it.

5 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

130-190-240 sounds fair to me. 
130 - Dagger 
190 - Axe, Mace, Sword, DD/Rev Staff, Hammer
240 - Greatsword, Ele Dagger (standardized, kitten), Ele Hammer, FB Axe

Photon Forge (auto) is 240 unless you trait for projectiles.
Bomb kit is 240 range. Nobody with such a ridiculous thread as the topic creator claims it is range and bomb kit has the same limitation of delayed damage.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bomb

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Light_Strike

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

The thing is that warrior is loaded with support and have been primarily used as support for most of the game's lifespan... Put yourself in ANet's shoes, they've been stared hatefully by big sweaty muscle men asking them why they are always used as support in PvE since forever.

They tried an e-spec something sounding very damage oriented (berserker) and yet it was corrupted by the community into a support. They tried to make it sound like it would break things (spellbreaker), yet there was barely anything to break so it continued to support. Lastly they tried to appeal to the martial fantasy by using a name that relate to weapon (bladesworn) yet people still manage to corrupt the thing into a potent offensive support.

Worse, each time a build exploiting core warrior's ability to heal allies appear (usually in sPvP), the devs are forced by the community to nerf it.

That's from speed run guilds publishing such things. Most groups never needed banners to function.

On 12/21/2022 at 4:14 PM, RazieL.5684 said:

https://freeimage.host/i/HzVjcss

i have a feeling that something is not quite right here... the moment i arrive to the battle field i get nuked from stealth by 1 person... any chance they got a little bit overboard with the holo buffs? maybe? just a little bit?...

Let me introduce you to my rifle Berserker.

• Haha 1