Phantom's Onslaught is distance is bugged?

Xurse.8267

8 hours ago, Xurse.8267 said:

It seems even shorter now after the patch which seems like a bug to me? Anyone experiencing the same issue.

Phantom's Onslaugh has a deceitful tooltip. Since the EoD beta, should have read as this:

"Select a target, rush toward your opponent up to 900 units range and deliver a cleave hit; if no target is selected you only rush up to 450 units and deliver no hit".

Has been told to ANet for over a year that they should either fix the tooltip to reflect the reality of what really does or buff the range, but they don't care/known how to fix the problem or the text.

Honestly: they never fixed bugs as Unrelenting Assault randomly attacking supplies in WvW or the downstate skill Forceful Displacement being able to lauch your target across the wireframe of walls in PvP (caging them, forcing the player to disconnect and reconect, which has happened recently even in the MAT tournaments and usually ends with the team of 4 players losing a match that they were winning), so probably Phantom's Onslaugh will remain unde the rug as it is for a long time, and best case scenario would be a tooltip fix, since every time they touch a Rev mechanic they break 2-3 things in unexpected ways...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Virdo.1540 said:

They said its supposed to have a lower range without a target nearby to prevent "running away" like warrior does.

Did they actually say this? If so, they need to actually fix the tooltip because there is zero indication of this. Otherwise, I'm going to still consider this a bug. The conditionals it has to actually travel the proper range seem too specific and inconsistent. If they intentionally designed the skill like that, idek what to say. Honestly even if they said it's a bug I wouldn't buy it after they outright lied that weapon swap sigils proccing on legend swap was a bug.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

Phantom's Onslaugh has a deceitful tooltip. Since the EoD beta, should have read as this:

"Select a target, rush toward your opponent up to 900 units range and deliver a cleave hit; if no target is selected you only rush up to 450 units and deliver no hit".

Has been told to ANet for over a year that they should either fix the tooltip to reflect the reality of what really does or buff the range, but they don't care/known how to fix the problem or the text.

Honestly: they never fixed bugs as Unrelenting Assault randomly attacking supplies in WvW or the downstate skill Forceful Displacement being able to lauch your target across the wireframe of walls in PvP (caging them, forcing the player to disconnect and reconect, which has happened recently even in the MAT tournaments and usually ends with the team of 4 players losing a match that they were winning), so probably Phantom's Onslaugh will remain unde the rug as it is for a long time, and best case scenario would be a tooltip fix, since every time they touch a Rev mechanic they break 2-3 things in unexpected ways...

Actually I tested this, even with a enemy selected like a random mob I still don’t travel 900. Not sure if it’s true that it works that way =\

59 minutes ago, Xurse.8267 said:

Actually I tested this, even with a enemy selected like a random mob I still don’t travel 900. Not sure if it’s true that it works that way =\

Ten months ago I tested the range without a target in a environment wich makes easy to verify the distance (each tile in that WvW has  a size of100 x 100 "units", aka inches):

The range against selected targets seems to reach 900 units, but didn't search a landscape at which could be easily measured vs environmental foes. Aside from that, since Phantom's Onslaugh is a straigth rush over the surface in similar way as Warrior's Rush and not a leap as in Ranger's Swoop, changes in the elevation or slant angles in the terrain could lead to bugs (I still remember when Renegade was introduced in the game and short bow's Spiritcrush refused to work in most of PvP surfaces!). So, yes: the tooltip is wrong and even used against selected tagets sometimesPhantom's Onslaught can fail. But usually works.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2022 at 10:45 AM, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

Did they actually say this? If so, they need to actually fix the tooltip because there is zero indication of this. Otherwise, I'm going to still consider this a bug. The conditionals it has to actually travel the proper range seem too specific and inconsistent. If they intentionally designed the skill like that, idek what to say. Honestly even if they said it's a bug I wouldn't buy it after they outright lied that weapon swap sigils proccing on legend swap was a bug.

They mentioned it this way in the Espec preview lifestream before EoD, if i remember correctly