Piercing jewelry as a character customization option

Piercing jewelry as a character customization option  

39 members have voted

1. 1. I think someone must have come with this idea before me, but have you ever considered our characters could have piercings? I just finished my female mesmer, gave her elf ears etc., then I checked her and said: "Well, the last thing she needs is a septum ring." There are a few armor parts which can have a part resembling a piercing, but I am talking about a character feature. Similar to charr horns, norn tattooes etc. Leaving the technical difficulties alone, would you welcome a character option offering piercings (nose, navel, ears... you know the stuff)?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Probably, very possibly.

Preferably in the form of a brand new slot for the item - or utilize trinket slots for the visuals? - for actual customization with the added bonus of being able to monetize it, but even a life-long, 'til makeover kit do us part would doubtlessly add a lot of character to a design.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vyr.9387 said:

Preferably in the form of a brand new slot for the item - or utilize trinket slots for the visuals? - for actual customization with the added bonus of being able to monetize it, but even a life-long, 'til makeover kit do us part would doubtlessly add a lot of character to a design.

In that case charr should be able to equip twice as many as other races. Maybe asura as well.

On the other hand I hope you love power creep ...

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

In that case charr should be able to equip twice as many as other races. Maybe asura as well.

On the other hand I hope you love power creep ...

Sure You didn't read my post too quickly?

I'm not suggesting anything based on racial physiology - the obsession with symmetry is a Gaia-human thing to begin with, citing probable evolutionary benefits of easily recognizing the seemingly healthiest mate possible - and, although debatable, this being a thread solely about looks, one could assume - while taking the post's focus on "...slots for the visuals" into account - that I'm talking about a new slot more akin to outfits (an item without stats altering exclusively the aesthetic) or, if that can't be accomplished as yet another victim of the Code of the Ancient Dev'loper, a completely new item slot which wouldn't be used for any stat increase, but solely for displays of fashion.

Could see it even as a Novelty-style bunch of permanently - or, rather, temporary-until-turned-off, persisting through log-outs - "tonics" which would make various piercings and/or other body modifications appear.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I dont recall seeing much indication that (other than earrings) this is something the cultures of Tyria engage in. That said, ANet has not been all that reluctant to introduce lore clashing aesthetics in the past, so whatever. Still voted no.

Off the top of my head, Joko's proudly sporting a handlebar, charrs can literally have a section of their horns replaced by cogs, and I'm pretty sure the belly button part of the Winged chest piece isn't glued on either.
The only mildly lore-breaking problem would be anybody voluntarily having shiny metals attached to their skin in a world where skritts exist.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

Eh either they release faces with piercings, or they make invisible tiaras that provide visible piercings.

Mmos in the past would make pierced versions of each of their faces for character creation.  Since a recent set of faces was released with broken face sliders, I am not sure Anet should go that route.

Edited by Zebulous.2934
Word replacement

I'm all for expanding character customization.

On 12/25/2022 at 6:49 AM, Vyr.9387 said:

The only mildly lore-breaking problem would be anybody voluntarily having shiny metals attached to their skin in a world where skritts exist.

.... I've been found out!  Run!  (Shiny Earring!).

• Like 2
  • Haha 2