Engi nades...

gmmg.9210

Yes I'm complaining about engi nades. They absolutely shred after their buffs.

Literally run away while flinging and shredding the opponent. Their recent buff gave them too much juice and they wreck now.

Also the telegraph is super faint to see compared to the damage output.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 6

21 hours ago, gmmg.9210 said:

Yes I'm complaining about engi nades. They absolutely shred after their buffs.

Literally run away while flinging and shredding the opponent. Their recent buff gave them too much juice and they wreck now.

Also the telegraph is super faint to see compared to the damage output.

What stats and build were you running?

5 hours ago, Ambi.9146 said:

Not enough people using nades, guess we gotta make sure no one does 🤣

I agree that nades should definitely have a set niche where it's useful, but being able to throw them behind you while kiting and running around makes them super oppressive if not balanced with this forethought in mind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, Ambi.9146 said:

bro nades is no where near as oppressive as any meta build in spvp. it hasn't been meta for at least 2 years and still isn't, even after the buffs. any decent scep cata/ ham cata/ defense spellbreaker/ or untamed auto wins node against it. 

These are the only nade buffs within the last 2 years (All on Oct 4 2022):

• Grenade Barrage: Increased power coefficient per grenade from 0.3 to 0.3333 in PvP only.
  • Shrapnel Grenade: Reduced cooldown from 6 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only.
  • Freeze Grenade: Increased power coefficient per grenade from 0.2 to 0.5 in PvP only.

the other changes were straight nerfs to the damage of all nades, ending around dec 2020. I doubt anyone reasonably thinks these buffs bought nades from never used seriously, to OP. Especially considering the amount of nade engis in spvp rn is unironically less than 10.

Well none of that change the fact that being able to autoattack grenades 180 degrees behind you while running at superspeed is stupid.

• Thanks 10
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

So the utility that requires a trait for PvP viability, is pure projectile, is manually aimed, with flight time, shouldn't do good damage? Please. It barely does good damage as it is, and that list of requirements/downsides is longer than any of your classes' high damage abilities.

Nade Engi is kiting and you can't take more damage? Stop walking into his nades by following.

If you want the kill, zig zag and use mobility skills to get in range if melee. Like with any other class.

If the Engineer is aiming behind himself, he's not looking where he's going as well. Use that to your advantage.

• Like 4
  • Confused 5

3 hours ago, Ambi.9146 said:

The original post literally said "Their recent buff gave them too much juice and they wreck now." I ignored the whole using nades while aboutface because:

1) Nades without omnidirectional casts are worthless. No one is suggesting any design changes. just nerf dmg , and imply to remove omnidirectional casts. It's mindless to nerf something so heavily when it isn't a significant design flaw and it isn't even in the meta.

2)The only builds that get kited (mostly warr), get node for free against an engi so kiting ends up mostly irrelevant. And if you don't want nade engis to kite in a teamfight setting, maybe we should make nade engi akin to vindi or cata. so they could block/dodge everything and still drop 15k bursts with minimal effort.

The fact is, the damage hardly changed, nade engi isn't even remotely meta, and the idea of nerfing nades' casts/dmg is just to supplement what some players lack in skill to fight a, at best, B tier build.

is there has a rifle mecha meta season on the past ?

Rifle mecha got nerf,  a build don't need to be meta to get nerf, it need ppl hate it.

Edited by freakcoco.4287
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, freakcoco.4287 said:

a build don't need to be meta to get nerf, it need ppl hate it.

Well, then the engineer class is doomed because it gets randomly hated for the most stupid kitten. Like how people were furious about the flamethrower scrapper when just standing on top of a box made this kit miss all it's damage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Well, then the engineer class is doomed because it gets randomly hated for the most stupid kitten. Like how people were furious about the flamethrower scrapper when just standing on top of a box made this kit miss all it's damage.

People were even furious when Turret Engineer could hold nodes by not leaving them ever during core times, so turrets are now amazing as they are... 🙈

Edited by Morwath.9817
misstype
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Morwath.9817 said:

People were even furious when Turret Engineer could hold nodes by not leaving them ever during core times, so turrets are now amazing as they are... 🙈

Don't remind me.... a skill type which was specifically advertised as being good to fortify and defend a position and it gets nerfed to death because.... it could get used to fortify and defend nodes in PvP.

Still hurts my soul that over all these years, Anet never even slightly attemped to improve turrets.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Don't remind me.... a skill type which was specifically advertised as being good to fortify and defend a position and it gets nerfed to death because.... it could get used to fortify and defend nodes in PvP.

Still hurts my soul that over all these years, Anet never even slightly attemped to improve turrets.

It was same with Minionmancer (who was actualy overperforming) where they nerfed passive side (which was OP) without buffing active side of it. Both Turrent Engineer and Minionmancer should have weak passive effects and strong active effects (Engineer should be stronger as turrets can't walk). Well, same happened to Spirit Ranger I loved so much.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Morwath.9817 said:

It was busted in core days though, so it got nerfed, what's the problem here?
If you think turrets that could pretty much alone hold a point meanwhile engi was fighting on another one healthy for the game and "balanced", then I have very sad news for you, it wasn't.

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

It was busted in core days though, so it got nerfed, what's the problem here?
If you think turrets that could pretty much alone hold a point meanwhile engi was fighting on another one healthy for the game and "balanced", then I have very sad news for you, it wasn't.

It wasn't busted as it hasn't affected ESL leagues or tournaments in any way. Being strong against bellow average Joe like Flamethrower Scrapper shouldn't lead to nerf. Turret engi was no threat if he moved without his turrets and the best it could achieve was dropping turrets on node to decap, unless Cele Ele just obilerated those turrets with AoE. It was just low MMR spec to dominate nubs who couldn't rotate. Ritualist without support Spirits.

Edited by Morwath.9817
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, Ambi.9146 said:

The original post literally said "Their recent buff gave them too much juice and they wreck now." I ignored the whole using nades while aboutface because:

1) Nades without omnidirectional casts are worthless. No one is suggesting any design changes. just nerf dmg , and imply to remove omnidirectional casts. It's mindless to nerf something so heavily when it isn't a significant design flaw and it isn't even in the meta.

2)The only builds that get kited (mostly warr), get node for free against an engi so kiting ends up mostly irrelevant. And if you don't want nade engis to kite in a teamfight setting, maybe we should make nade engi akin to vindi or cata. so they could block/dodge everything and still drop 15k bursts with minimal effort.

The fact is, the damage hardly changed, nade engi isn't even remotely meta, and the idea of nerfing nades' casts/dmg is just to supplement what some players lack in skill to fight a, at best, B tier build.

You're right that on nodes meta builds prevail usually, but nade engi can kite so effectively when getting chased with ss and throwing nades backwards that it becomes the best effective strategy. This is in part because nades hit hard while being thrown back at you. For a start just having nades glow so we could see them more clearly while being thrown would be a decent improvement.

To your point about nades being worthless if not omnidirectional, I disagree. If the damage is pretty up there it wouldn't be terrible. Hell, you could even buff them if you wanted at that point. I just think if the ability to have the caster throw them behind is a thing, the balance has to fit this philosophy properly.

Another option would simply be reducing ss, but either way the point is the kiting potential while bursting is way too strong.

Edited by gmmg.9210
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, gmmg.9210 said:

You're right that on nodes meta builds prevail usually, but nade engi can kite so effectively when getting chased with ss and throwing nades backwards that it becomes the best effective strategy. This is in part because nades hit hard while being thrown back at you. For a start just having nades glow so we could see them more clearly while being thrown would be a decent improvement.

To your point about nades being worthless if not omnidirectional, I disagree. If the damage is pretty up there it wouldn't be terrible. Hell, you could even buff them if you wanted at that point. I just think if the ability to have the caster throw them behind is a thing, the balance has to fit this philosophy properly.

Another option would simply be reducing ss, but either way the point is the kiting potential while bursting is way too strong.

Warrior longbow also a good weapon they don't actually "Face" enemy.

I'm not try to say condi warrior OP, but there has many kit/weapon get good value when you kiting.

PS: I use this clip coz the enemy nade engi is top 25 nade holo player in past 5 season.

Edited by freakcoco.4287
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2