Engi nades...

gmmg.9210

Just now, Kuma.1503 said:

You are correct. 

The way it works is that you enter forge, and it puts any kits on a small CD. Once the CD ends you can enter a kit to drop forge. 

The CD prevents you from doing this repeatedly to keep perma superspeed as you kite. Which makes it impossible to constantly spam nade auto attacks with perma superspeed on holosmith. You get maybe 2 casts off tops before the superspeed ends. 

You could maybe chain that super speed with your slick shoes …. Hey once… but this perma superspeed throwing nades over your shoulder is nonsense 

• Confused 5

4 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

You are correct. 

The way it works is that you enter forge, and it puts any kits on a small CD. There is a minimum amount of time you must spend in forge. Once the CD ends you can enter a kit to drop forge. 

The CD prevents you from doing this repeatedly to keep perma superspeed as you kite. Which makes it impossible to constantly spam nade auto attacks with perma superspeed on holosmith. You get maybe 2 casts off tops before the superspeed ends. 

Got it.

You could maybe chain that super speed with your slick shoes …. Hey once… but this perma superspeed throwing nades over your shoulder is nonsense 

Maybe its meme nade scrapper idk

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Got it.

When nades are most dangerous is the barrage toolbelt at point blank when a Holo is high heat.  Immediately after leaving forge, you can hit sword for quickness, then nade.  But once your heat goes down, you lose your damage buff, and you don’t have might…. So that’s why no one camps nades.  It’s basically filler with diminishing returns.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

When nades are most dangerous is the barrage toolbelt at point blank when a Holo is high heat.  Immediately after leaving forge, you can hit sword for quickness, then nade.  But once your heat goes down, you lose your damage buff, and you don’t have might…. So that’s why no one camps nades.  It’s basically filler with diminishing returns.

On my squishy Holo build I use elixir U to give quickness to spam nades, and at key times when I’m down on life, that can do good damage against a grouping of players in melee .  Assuming none of them are smart enough to put up a reflect or projectile hate.  Plus elixir U means your not running tools but alchemy instead 

Edited by shion.2084
  • Confused 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit surprised people are asking for damage nerfs when so many builds are tanky. You'd think people would have the foresight to see that if you nerf all the dps classes the game will be much less fun.

1 hour ago, ZolracAtrox.2908 said:

Holographic Shockwave (Add much more heat on use

I really doubt  any of the forge skills need changes.

59 minutes ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

I'm a bit surprised people are asking for damage nerfs when so many builds are tanky. You'd think people would have the foresight to see that if you nerf all the dps classes the game will be much less fun.

We got hit by an omega damage nerf, the people that couldnt cope with it left, and now some years later we've forgotten both the damage nerf and how to dodge. 

Suffering. The pain never ends.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2

People going around saying Nades barely have been buffed damage wise seem to forget that they take Tools *and* Explosives now! Thats alot of free damage it didnt have before, certainly crossing into the "unhealthy" level! But I don't expect forum users to even remember what traitlines any builds take, even if its the one they 1 trick...

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

39 minutes ago, Grimjack.8130 said:

People going around saying Nades barely have been buffed damage wise seem to forget that they take Tools *and* Explosives now! Thats alot of free damage it didnt have before, certainly crossing into the "unhealthy" level! But I don't expect forum users to even remember what traitlines any builds take, even if its the one they 1 trick.

Really? I thought you ran nades with explosives and alchemy. I thought tools was ran with toolkit. Anyway I really doubt Holo damage is more then some ele and ranger builds.

Edited by SleepyBat.9034
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

I really doubt  any of the forge skills need changes.

I really would like  some nerfs on most of current strong classes, even non-META ones that aren't meta no by their weakness but overshadowed by Meta ones. Cata scepter, Tempests support, Untamed, Spellbreaker,  Thief blindness spam, Ranger immob spam, Vindicator dodges, virtuoso, etc. Isn't a personal issue agaisnt holosmith (My main PvE class tho)

Edited by ZolracAtrox.2908
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Grimjack.8130 said:

People going around saying Nades barely have been buffed damage wise seem to forget that they take Tools *and* Explosives now! Thats alot of free damage it didnt have before, certainly crossing into the "unhealthy" level! But I don't expect forum users to even remember what traitlines any builds take, even if its the one they 1 trick...

Yeap, engi nade is completely broken.

There is no opening to counter play against correctly played engi nade unless you have a lot of unblockables or just plainly greatly outskill the engi nade. 

• Haha 3

On 1/10/2023 at 1:14 PM, Skoll.8650 said:

Finally we've reached this point. Welcome to the party behind the times losers. Where the H E double hockey sticks have you been?  This game is built for circus inhabitants I swear.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/106330-nerf-mortar-and-grenade-kit/

Engi nade got buffed a lot even though its already best weapon.

Mean while tempest/weaver/catalyst is like meme tier and they were like nahh let go soft on buffs......... BaLAnce

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

Mean while tempest/weaver/catalyst is like meme tier and they were like nahh let go soft on buffs......... BaLAnce

Cat is out of the bag, everybody knows now that you are just making these claims to get your already overpowered class buffed indirectly by nerfing other classes.

Catalyst is probably the most broken spec in the game right now. That you call it "meme tier" just reinforces that you are trolling and your claims can't get taken seriously. Please, just stop at this point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2023 at 6:43 PM, Kodama.6453 said:

Cat is out of the bag, everybody knows now that you are just making these claims to get your already overpowered class buffed indirectly by nerfing other classes.

Catalyst is probably the most broken spec in the game right now. That you call it "meme tier" just reinforces that you are trolling and your claims can't get taken seriously. Please, just stop at this point.

What I thought doesn't matter.

Pretty sure I not the only one begging for the nade nerf.

• Confused 3

The damage itself isn't what bothers me, its that they're only used in a way that completely overshadows bomb kit's niche. Perhaps if they added a mechanic where the closer you target the less damage. Or have a cook time, to where throwing them at max distance is an instant hit. But have a delay at certain thresholds. 

Also, buff bomb kit pls. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, cyberzombie.7348 said:

The damage itself isn't what bothers me, its that they're only used in a way that completely overshadows bomb kit's niche. Perhaps if they added a mechanic where the closer you target the less damage. Or have a cook time, to where throwing them at max distance is an instant hit. But have a delay at certain thresholds. 

Also, buff bomb kit pls. 

That's a pretty good idea. It would go even further and give nades a minimal range for example 240. So anything between the engi and 240 can't be hit by nades. Either that or the delay for close targets as you suggest.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 6:09 AM, bethekey.8314 said:

Don't go around spreading misinformation. I'm down for a 1x 15 sec cd reveal trait, but be honest about grenade numbers. Since you say "perpetual" I assume you mean the 1 ability. Apart from Shrapnel with a 5 sec cd, the other damaging grenades all have 20+ sec cds.

With low bonus modifiers and Berserker amulet on a Heavy golem: ~330 x3 = 1000 non crit (lowest)

With full heat, big boomer, some vulnerability, might, and Berserker amulet on a Heavy golem: ~850 x3 = 2500 crit (highest)

So in the best case scenario where every grenade hits and crits, with full modifiers, on Heavy armor, you're looking at ~5000 damage from two attacks. 50% less than your exaggeration. This scenario is rare.

These numbers are in line with other power weapons, with the benefit of ranged AoE offsetting the lack of "auto", projectile nature, and trait+skillshot requirements.

heavy golem has 2597 armor.
light armor class ( ele/necro/mesmer ) has 1888 armor
so 2500 dmg against heavy golem would do 3438 dmg to ele/necro/mesmer.
2 hits would do close to 7k.
if you wanna test dmg go against light golem, it has about as much armor as a heavy class ( warrior/guardian/revenant )

On 3/11/2023 at 2:33 AM, Leonidrex.5649 said:

heavy golem has 2597 armor.
light armor class ( ele/necro/mesmer ) has 1888 armor
so 2500 dmg against heavy golem would do 3438 dmg to ele/necro/mesmer.
2 hits would do close to 7k.
if you wanna test dmg go against light golem, it has about as much armor as a heavy class ( warrior/guardian/revenant )

You're correct, and engi nade OP for sure

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2