Engi nades...

gmmg.9210

11 minutes ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

If 7k is op then I think anet needs to do some power reductions to every class.

Yeah DH's true shot me for 10k, I get hit by 13k spinal shiver, and ele's well you can guess.   

Edited by shion.2084
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, shion.2084 said:

Yeah DH's true shot me for 10k, I get hit by 13k spinal shiver, and ele's well you can guess.   

I know in WvW I've been hit by 10k Spear of Archemorus (which followed a 5k Phantom's Onslaught and 5k Mist Unleashed). I imagine it doesn't hit quite that hard in PvP but still.

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

why are we comparing auto-attack to the biggest nukes of other builds o.O

we were comparing grenade barrage, noone is hitting 7k from an auto attack of nades.  Unless maybe like light armour and 25 vulnerability, and a trait that gives extra damage on vuln, and lower health than the Nader and having just sacrificed a goat to Hephaestus.

• Haha 2

Just now, shion.2084 said:

we were comparing grenade barrage, noone is hitting 7k from an auto attack of nades.  Unless maybe like light armour and 25 vulnerability, and a trait that gives extra damage on vuln, and lower health than the Nader and having just sacrificed a goat to Hephaestus.

Don't forget 25 might.

Edited by SleepyBat.9034
  • Confused 2

49 minutes ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

I know in WvW I've been hit by 10k Spear of Archemorus (which followed a 5k Phantom's Onslaught and 5k Mist Unleashed). I imagine it doesn't hit quite that hard in PvP but still.

10k true shot with 11k hp dh.

7k Arcing Slice with spellbreaker.

I not gonna say DH or SB op, but 7k is a common for cheese build!?

I don't think damage is the probme.

Maybe Stealth bomb is the problem.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

Its the fricken 13K spinal shivers that shocked me 🙂.  And I'm a medium armour class.   If your running the 15k HP engi... well you do the math.

Oh and by the way it chills.... and removes 3 boons. Range 1200...   Surprise!

Edited by shion.2084
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

25 might

25 might/high might stacks was one of the justifications they used to gut warrior weapon coefficients across the board, many of which were overkill as well as kill warrior's boon access, things like for great justice, signet of rage, forceful greatsword, etc.. were all gutted. the only build overperforming was spellbreaker at the time but they implemented changes affecting all warrior specs.

yet here we are today, seeing things like this live, among other things that should've been toned down given the decisions they made, actions and history. its just so wrong how they implement the balance.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

It doesn't have access to 25 stacks of might and you know that, I was saying if you wanted grenades to hit for 7k or something like that you'd need 25 might.

I would really like a filter feature so I didn’t have to even see posts by flagged liars

Edited by shion.2084
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 3/15/2023 at 12:42 PM, freakcoco.4287 said:

10k true shot with 11k hp dh.

7k Arcing Slice with spellbreaker.

I not gonna say DH or SB op, but 7k is a common for cheese build!?

I don't think damage is the probme.

Maybe Stealth bomb is the problem.

The thing I will point out for both. True shot has to self root and wind up it's different situation if you're getting pressured instead of being allowed to free cast. Arcing slice has a conditional damage boost of having foes hit below 50% to hit around 7k, while being both melee range. From what I've seen though a lot of the complaints come from nades in general being able to run and throw nades behind while kiting creating this situation if you have no ranged weapon(to be fair that's also that's a weakness of a build), where you chase them you're setting yourself up for eating free damage and they can just toss it on top of themselves and you also have to try and factor in if they have a flashbang proc up via if they dodged.  You don't chase them you'll get chased with the same nade spam or give them too much breathing room.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

The thing I will point out for both. True shot has to self root and wind up it's different situation if you're getting pressured instead of being allowed to free cast. Arcing slice has a conditional damage boost of having foes hit below 50% to hit around 7k, while being both melee range. From what I've seen though a lot of the complaints come from nades in general being able to run and throw nades behind while kiting creating this situation if you have no ranged weapon(to be fair that's also that's a weakness of a build), where you chase them you're setting yourself up for eating free damage and they can just toss it on top of themselves and you also have to try and factor in if they have a flashbang proc up via if they dodged.  You don't chase them you'll get chased with the same nade spam or give them too much breathing room.

You can’t land grenade barrage for good damage unless your on top of your opponent.   Have you tried to use it ranged before?

Edited by shion.2084
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

Nade were closer to 5k per grenade 0.5 sec activation time auto on golem(spammable). 8k ranged burst (2 hits, what about 4?).
If you don't immediately turn away you've now eaten 13k damage , and all of that are spammable!!

Busted class needs reform.

7 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

You can’t land grenade barrage for good damage unless your on top of your opponent.   Have you tried to use it ranged before?

I roam on holo engi nades and even core condi nade engi for nostalgia from time to time,  power nades grenade barrage still does decent damage even if you use it at range, ive used it plenty of times on people resing allies and chunking hp bars assuming no projectile hate is present. The only time I've seen it really whiff is when I get slapped with weakness and people with prot in tandem.

But that's beside the point about nade kit and even mortar kit in some cases. Most complaints I see are about full run kiting + pressure of nades being thrown behind them.  I'm not advocating for a nerf though just FYI.  since specs with decent range can manage that exchange decently. 

2 hours ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

Nade were closer to 5k per grenade 0.5 sec activation time auto on golem(spammable). 8k ranged burst (2 hits, what about 4?).
If you don't immediately turn away you've now eaten 13k damage , and all of that are spammable!!

Busted class needs reform.

It's mostly a melee problem. If you have ranged in your arsenal or projectile hate they're a lot more manageable. 

• Like 2