[All Game Modes] - Elixir R Issues?

SleepyBat.9034

1 minute ago, Infusion.7149 said:

It's 1/4 cast time. Do you mean how long it takes for the res in contrast to Signet of Mercy or Glyph of Renewal?

I'm only talking about the utility part of the skill. I know the cast time is 1/4s but the after cast feels way too long.

Edited by SleepyBat.9034

I am personally never using elixir r, ever.

In PvE, it's already hard to justify to take an utility skill just to refill your dodges. There aren't really many situations were you desperately need these 2 more dodges and you can afford to replace other stuff for it, like another dps skill.

In PvP and WvW, refilling 2 dodges sounds powerful at first. But the only situations in which you would like to use it is reactonary if you are going to take a hit and just depleted both dodges. Which rarely happens and because of the cast time and how fast paced the fights tend to be, it might not even work to use it and dodge before the attack you want to avoid connects.

The toolbelt skill, honestly, I see no point in it anymore. If I want an AoE revive, then I will simply play scrapper and get the function gyro, which has other additional effects depending on traits.

I would prefer to just completely rework this skill to do something different.

Its really only used in PvE for support Scrapper to revive players. Machinist doesn't have access to its toolbelt skill so basically never takes it for any reason. Refilling your endurance isn't very useful when in most situations you're already near the maximum endurance regen on Engineer, even in PvP.

Most elixers and gadgets are extremely outdated, compare to Bladesworn and Harbinger.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508

5 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Its really only used in PvE for support Scrapper to revive players. Machinist doesn't have access to its toolbelt skill so basically never takes it for any reason. Refilling your endurance isn't very useful when in most situations you're already near the maximum endurance regen on Engineer, even in PvP.

Most elixers and gadgets are extremely outdated, compare to Bladesworn and Harbinger.

I would say Elixir R is the only elixir that's outdated, all the others I have used extensively. Also I think Gadgets are fine, the only thing that's really needed is to give Throw Mine all of its boon rip back.

6 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Why are you using Elixir R instead of function gyro , that's planning for failure since you lose a skill slot for a non-stunbreak

6 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Why are you using Elixir R instead of function gyro , that's planning for failure since you lose a skill slot for a non-stunbreak

To be fair, he said PvE support scrapper, stunbreaks are really not that important there.

Why he uses it over the likes of blast gyro, shredder gyro and elixir gun is beyond me, tho.

• Thanks 1

As with a lot of Engi skills, it's not that it's a bad skill, it's that the utility skill slots are so competitive that it's hard to justify taking it.

Someone on this board suggested forever ago that Core Engi could be given a "free" kit on F5 instead of slotting it as a skill. That's the sort of thing that would make room for taking Elixir R IMO.

5 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

On superspeed/Qiuckness builds Function Gyro is needed to help upkeep them. This is less of an issue in PvP, but in PvE and WvW maximum uptime is expected.

I did the math before the quick scrapper was nearly as much DPS as it is now. Back when it was ~26K or something you need 40% Boon duration or so and can use purge or bulwark,blast , heal skill (17s base cooldown on med kit). Heal scrapper would have something akin to 80-100% boon duration.

2.5s per quickness base value + 100% boon duration  = 5s

• Blast gyro = 5/20s under alac
  • Bypass coating (blast gyro toolbelt) = 5/24s under alac
  • Bulwark or purge = 5/16s under alac
  • Heal skill (see trait Speed of Synergy) bandage self from med kit =  5/13.5 under alac

= 114% coverage

Also quickness isn't applied on PVP/WVW as of this last patch.

SC actually removed heal quick scrapper but LN still has it:
https://lucky-noobs.com/builds/heal-scrapper-quickness

1 minute ago, coro.3176 said:

As with a lot of Engi skills, it's not that it's a bad skill, it's that the utility skill slots are so competitive that it's hard to justify taking it.

Someone on this board suggested forever ago that Core Engi could be given a "free" kit on F5 instead of slotting it as a skill. That's the sort of thing that would make room for taking Elixir R IMO.

I think it's a bit of both honestly, I was comparing the endurance part of Elixir R to other skills like it and the others are all instant cast in addition to having other affects. When you need to dodge, you don't have time to cast a skill.