Can anet undo rifle chance, it feel awefull to play

Zzik.5873

As title say, since november 29, the engi rifle feel awefull to play, I dont even want to use it. Feel bad, its a slow, clunky, feel like granpa old pea gun. Revert the change or make something that is actually fun to play, not this kitten. 

Minimum bring back the 3x burst animation. Anet you cant be tjat bad designing and animating a rifle, are you?

• Like 4
  • Confused 7

1 minute ago, soul.9651 said:

Dont pretend this wouldnt benefit and wouldnt be used exactly with mech again

Hence why I said, this is a MECH PROBLEM. So Mech needs to get addressed here, yeah, but core weapons shouldn't get nerfed back into the dirt because the elite spec is overperforming.

If mech is too strong with it, then nerf the mech, not the rifle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, freakcoco.4287 said:

I do like rifle, but I don't like rifle hater.

If they undo rifle change, the hater will can back.

This why I don't think undo is a right way to do.

Each time engineer got something cool/good a flock of hater attack us. I have the feeling tbat gw2 community just hate the engineer. Happen with scrapper, happen with Holo, now mech... At least for holo and ascrapper, they didnt destroy one of our poor core weapon... 

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

Is there a story behind this insane mech hater population in this game?

Were people kicked from group content because not playing mech?

Because if ''someone played mech and found it to be boring and easy to play so no one should play it'' is only reasoning, I dont know what to say.

Edited by Gendalfs.7521
wrong quote marks
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Gendalfs.7521 said:

Because if ''someone played mech and found it to be boring and easy to play'' so no one should play it is only reasoning, I dont know what to say.

I think they are salty because their class didnt get the coolest espec, and they just want to suck the fun out for engineer. Wich as been playing piano class for 10 years. Now that we have finally something easy and relax to play. Nooooooooo engi must not be allow to have a simple playstyle build. I think its just pure jelousy.

Edited by Makuragee.3058
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, Makuragee.3058 said:

Feel bad, its a slow, clunky, feel like granpa old pea gun.

8 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Every time I shoot I look at my ping because it feels like my character is lagging.

Easy. Just play with pistol for a couple days and then go back to rifle. You'll understand what a real slow/clunky/lagging weapon feels like :)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gendalfs.7521 said:

Because if ''someone played mech and found it to be boring and easy to play so no one should play it'' is only reasoning, I dont know what to say.

Long story short, it was too effective for how easy it was to play. At one point it was very broken and people had every reason to complain. 

Long story long...

This happened at a point where a lot of other builds were struggling to find their footing in the meta. This drew anger toward mechanist. 

It's an AI spec, which naturally draws salt from players in all game modes. PvP/WvW because it feels like you're getting outplayed by  a computer program and not the enemy player. PvE because any DPS the bot brings via auto attacks is "free DPS".

When it did 38k DPS it was inarguably over the top. It was able to achieve 28k DPS completely AFK which was unprecedented. It was also able to do that in real fights because your weapon of choice, the rifle, had a 1200 range auto attack. 

This is how rifle got intertwined into the conversation. 

Eventually mech would go on to get nerfed. A lot. Almost every single patch brought a mech  nerf of some form. It got hit in mini-patches. It got PvE nerfes even during PvP patches. It got nerfed in bugfix patches. It got nerfed in hotfix patches.  Until eventually the power build was brought down to 33k DPS.  (other builds also got hit, but power mech is relevant to this conversation)

Unfortunately balance perception inertia is very strong in this community. This is the tendency of players to look back on when a build was strong and assume that is still the case even after it is nerfed into a balanced state. 

This is why people continued to complain about mechanist even after it arguably became balanced.  I'd argue it was balanced because, even though it still was the easiest dps in the game,  it also (appropriately) had the lowest theoretical maximum DPS in the game, bordering support levels despite being completely selfish. Exactly what people asked for. 

Nontheless, the complaints continued, ANET were running out of things to nerf. Mech was already the weakest DPS numbers wise, and they've hit it over and over again, but the hate didn't die down, so they finally hit rifle, which had become intertwined in the Mechanist discussion. 

This is unfortunate  because rifle never got complaints on core, Scrapper, or Holosmith in PvE. All of them with the exception of core (which has no other power weapon) ran their elite weapons because they were still better. This suggested rifle wasn't the problem despite Mechanist's performance with it, but we know ANET. If it overperforms on one of our elite specs, it gets nerfed. (See: Med Kit, Elixir gun, shield in PvP, nades in PvP because of holosmith, ect).

You might say "rifle wasn't nerfed it was net neutral", but as it turns out, the numbers are lower despite that. As for why they removed a bullet. I don't think it was just because of animation jank. I've met a LOT of people both in game and on the forums who claim rifle is too strong because it "fires too fast". 

I've heard statements like "it looks like you have quickness when you don't. That's OP". Making the animation slow removes that placebo effect and now players can see rifle for what it actually is. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Gendalfs.7521 said:

Thank You Kuma.1503 for your answer. It makes sense now.

One more question: So it means Mech wasnt broken/OP before Mechanical genius and Rifle changes and they overnerfed it too hard?

It was still the easiest DPS in the game to play, but it wasn't OP at that point. 

They balanced its ease of use by making it the weakest DPS numbers wise. This also brought down the AFK DPS down to the levels of other LI builds. And it brought down its numbers in real fights to the levels of other melee builds. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

The hate came from it benching 30-32k afk , just from auto attack and mech auto skills unabled , it was op and played at 33% rate in raids and strikes and even at 20% in fractals , what anet can do is revert the change but don't think you will get your damage back if this change occur the damage will be 33% lower too , and just so you know , when under quickness , your character just looked like he had take too much drugs and start convulsing (that , trust me or not , was the main reason of the change) , if you think the rifle AA is slow , play warrior rifle , and you will never say again engi rifle AA is slow. 

But i agree the AA feeling like a machinegun was fun to watch .

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

The hate came from it benching 30-32k afk

Why does this number keep going up in retrospect? It was 28k AFK lol. And I believe that was with every condi on the golem instead of the standard 10.  

Which was still absurd to be perfectly fair. It made people question why they bothered doing piano rotations at all when the punishment for messing up meant you did less than the mech did by auto attacking. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

The hate came from it benching 30-32k afk , just from auto attack and mech auto skills unabled , it was op and played at 33% rate in raids and strikes and even at 20% in fractals , what anet can do is revert the change but don't think you will get your damage back if this change occur the damage will be 33% lower too , and just so you know , when under quickness , your character just looked like he had take too much drugs and start convulsing (that , trust me or not , was the main reason of the change) , if you think the rifle AA is slow , play warrior rifle , and you will never say again engi rifle AA is slow. 

But i agree the AA feeling like a machinegun was fun to watch .

It never ever did 33k full afk, stop with the wolf crying thing. 33k was with the full rotation. Yes the rotation was simple, but it was not afk kitten.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

At is peak it was , then they nerfed the damage from the mech and it was 28k , and i would like to see those videos of other spec just spamming autos doing 28k (just autos ...).

Just saying that it was played at a 33% rate for a good reason , a lot of ppl couldn't focus on mechanics and doing a rotation at the same time , but that was an abberation , all my pugs groups and static where full of mechs at that time .

Edited by zeyeti.8347

16 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Long story short, it was too effective for how easy it was to play. At one point it was very broken and people had every reason to complain. 

Long story long...

This happened at a point where a lot of other builds were struggling to find their footing in the meta. This drew anger toward mechanist. 

It's an AI spec, which naturally draws salt from players in all game modes. PvP/WvW because it feels like you're getting outplayed by  a computer program and not the enemy player. PvE because any DPS the bot brings via auto attacks is "free DPS".

When it did 38k DPS it was inarguably over the top. It was able to achieve 28k DPS completely AFK which was unprecedented. It was also able to do that in real fights because your weapon of choice, the rifle, had a 1200 range auto attack. 

This is how rifle got intertwined into the conversation. 

Eventually mech would go on to get nerfed. A lot. Almost every single patch brought a mech  nerf of some form. It got hit in mini-patches. It got PvE nerfes even during PvP patches. It got nerfed in bugfix patches. It got nerfed in hotfix patches.  Until eventually the power build was brought down to 33k DPS.  (other builds also got hit, but power mech is relevant to this conversation)

Unfortunately balance perception inertia is very strong in this community. This is the tendency of players to look back on when a build was strong and assume that is still the case even after it is nerfed into a balanced state. 

This is why people continued to complain about mechanist even after it arguably became balanced.  I'd argue it was balanced because, even though it still was the easiest dps in the game,  it also (appropriately) had the lowest theoretical maximum DPS in the game, bordering support levels despite being completely selfish. Exactly what people asked for. 

Nontheless, the complaints continued, ANET were running out of things to nerf. Mech was already the weakest DPS numbers wise, and they've hit it over and over again, but the hate didn't die down, so they finally hit rifle, which had become intertwined in the Mechanist discussion. 

This is unfortunate  because rifle never got complaints on core, Scrapper, or Holosmith in PvE. All of them with the exception of core (which has no other power weapon) ran their elite weapons because they were still better. This suggested rifle wasn't the problem despite Mechanist's performance with it, but we know ANET. If it overperforms on one of our elite specs, it gets nerfed. (See: Med Kit, Elixir gun, shield in PvP, nades in PvP because of holosmith, ect).

You might say "rifle wasn't nerfed it was net neutral", but as it turns out, the numbers are lower despite that. As for why they removed a bullet. I don't think it was just because of animation jank. I've met a LOT of people both in game and on the forums who claim rifle is too strong because it "fires too fast". 

I've heard statements like "it looks like you have quickness when you don't. That's OP". Making the animation slow removes that placebo effect and now players can see rifle for what it actually is. 

You are wrong.

Mecha hater not start on rifle buff patch

it start on EOD beta, and the most power of rifle mecha patch is 38k ( 15 ~16 apm , not a afk build ), there has no overturn patch for rifle mecha,  in the patch , it over nerf pretty much every thing but mech.

And the hater try to blame shifting the anger for other class nerf.

Edited by freakcoco.4287
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

11 hours ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

At is peak it was , then they nerfed the damage from the mech and it was 28k , and i would like to see those videos of other spec just spamming autos doing 28k (just autos ...).

Just saying that it was played at a 33% rate for a good reason , a lot of ppl couldn't focus on mechanics and doing a rotation at the same time , but that was an abberation , all my pugs groups and static where full of mechs at that time .

That was with autocast rifle and mech skils.

Just auto attack on rifle (literally could walk AFK to go get a sandwich and put out over 25k dps)

Edited by Tammuz.7361
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1