Pilot the mech

Phyrak.7260

Hey there,

The mechanist is a fascinating when it comes to it's rather short history of great power and sustain, but also more passive in being a stand alone tree with the exception of the explosives trait line which works incredibly well with the fists - perhaps firearms too considering the single edge blades.

Adding certain tags to skills like elixir/turret for channelling conduits would allow the mech and in turn the mechanist to be benefiting from the perks within those lines themselves.

Piloting the mech is very much a power fantasy (or condition fantasy if you enjoy that style of play :P) moreso if it could be dyed to the players choice too...!

Piloting the mech would be f5 since it is not used and the very last skill to unlock with j-drive; gotta be all fancy and all with it! 

as I said before, the explosives line already works very well - as does tools.

less so with firearms, alchemy and inventions.

perhaps being inside the mech and using it as a weapon platform could bring the above lines into play when using the mech.

thank you for reading,

-Phyrak 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, MrForz.1953 said:

I am not shrinking myself into that thing.

Unless you're an Asura! 

A slight model rework for J-drive would perhaps buff the legs of the mech up to be able to carry a max size Charr/Norn - along with a sizeable increase to torso/cabin of the mech.

Then some minor adjustments to animations and we're done 🙂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The current size of the mech is already a visual crime, you don't want to make it bigger, this kind of fantasy isn't made for a MMO unless it lasts like 10 seconds. You guys can't even handle a change on an autoattack animation and now you want to inflict your own nonsensical asura whims on an entire spec. 🤦‍♂️

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MrForz.1953 said:

The current size of the mech is already a visual crime, you don't want to make it bigger, this kind of fantasy isn't made for a MMO unless it lasts like 10 seconds. You guys can't even handle a change on an autoattack animation and now you want to inflict your own nonsensical asura whims on an entire spec. 🤦‍♂️

Fair call there! 

Perhaps giving it a transparency like when the siege turtle is spawned - that would work considering its size.

The other part is to make it a power armour for larger races and use the mech base itself for smaller races to reduce the need for re-sizing it 

• Confused 1

I've thought about this. It would be an interesting 4th option for mechanist the ability to enter and take control of the mech, maybe even making a "true tank" build set up to for teaming. A sort of pseudo spectral form I guess but without the worry of loss. Though maybe might want to include something like a break bar to knock the engineer out of the mech, sort of like the turtle.

I was hoping for a mech piloting skill and not just the overpowered pet we currently have.

Will a mechanist suffered damage after exiting pilot mode? I mean... Like reaper shroud (2hp bars) or like soulbeast 1 hp bar but extra attributes toughness,vitality,...

Will pilot mode be like extra engineering kit with 0 cooldown so we can enter and exit pilot mode at will? Or like old firebrand tomes that has separate cooldown before pilot mode becomes available?

Hope mech can use dodge bar during pilot mode... Or maybe sacrifice dodge evade for some jet thrusters movement without evade frames.

Will immobilize applied on pilot mode still be on mechanist after they exit pilot mode during immobilize duration

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871

5 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Will a mechanist suffered damage after exiting pilot mode? I mean... Like reaper shroud (2hp bars) or like soulbeast 1 hp bar but extra attributes toughness,vitality,...

Will pilot mode be like extra engineering kit with 0 cooldown so we can enter and exit pilot mode at will? Or like old firebrand tomes that has separate cooldown before pilot mode becomes available?

I would imagine it would be similar to shroud in that when you enter you lose no health and the mech's health is used instead, and like shroud your action and utility bar is replaced with mech specific actions only. Never lost HP while in shroud, unless you are referring to harbinger which their shroud isn't a second life bar.

16 hours ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

I would imagine it would be similar to shroud in that when you enter you lose no health and the mech's health is used instead, and like shroud your action and utility bar is replaced with mech specific actions only. Never lost HP while in shroud, unless you are referring to harbinger which their shroud isn't a second life bar.

This makes the most sense

It'd just be about doing what makes the most sense/giving applicable utilities and skills.

1-3 or 1-5 come from the first trait picked. Depending on balance and animation.

Would also make sense for all engineer utilities are usable; dropping turrets from the mech (hopefully with a spirit weapons style rework), using elixirs to then give them to allies and gadgets for a little more jury rigging style of play from the mech