What tools are the fastest?

Horus.8304

Unbound I'm pretty sure is the fastest mining and logging. Consortium and the Fused Molten Sickle are the fastest harvesting tools I think.

I know I have a set of Volatile and Unbound with the harvesting tools transmuted to Molten Sickle (note you can transmute any harvesting tool, even the one time use ones you buy from a vendor). The actual Molten Sickle I have a reaper glyph on for guild halls.

See https://www.peuresearchcenter.com/gathering.php

Edited by Infusion.7149
I keep confusing Unbound with Volatile
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Volatile I'm pretty sure is the fastest mining and logging. Consortium and the Fused Molten Sickle are the fastest harvesting tools I think.

If you look at the data , it is Unbound and not Volatile which is fastest for mining and logging. I have both Molten and Consortium and they are definitely lots faster than any other.

Although many prefer either Unbound or Volatile because of the magic, my preference is always speed. I equip Glyph of Industry on both my mining and logging tools. And Glyph of Reaping on my gathering tools. Faster speeds means I can do runs faster. Especially on maps such as Bitterfrost with the Glyph of Reaping, I'm able to harvest winterberries in a fraction of the time. Run in, reap, mount up and away. Never need to fight any mobs -griffons, trolls or spiders. And log next farming alts in and repeat. With the limited amount of time available to us all, this is the best gold per hour for daily farming. The profits from the magic of Unbound and Volatile will not come anywhere close.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Unbound I'm pretty sure is the fastest mining and logging. Consortium and the Fused Molten Sickle are the fastest harvesting tools I think.

I know I have a set of Volatile and Unbound with the harvesting tools transmuted to Molten Sickle (note you can transmute any harvesting tool, even the one time use ones you buy from a vendor). The actual Molten Sickle I have a reaper glyph on for guild halls.

See https://www.peuresearchcenter.com/gathering.php

I run Unbound by default with the volatile glyph. 

I didn't know about this Consortium or Molten Sickle. I'd be using volatile magic rune on them, which would you say is fastest in this case?

2 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

For mining tools at rich nodes, Skyscale Hatchling Mining Tools that I use only requires 2 strikes. Supposedly Choya Mining Pick also requires 2 strikes. Not sure what other unlimited tools are the same.

The way I've been doing it so far is that everything is Unbound magic except for Mining which I use the bear one. It also takes just two hits and feels pretty fast. I can't find any info on it though to know if it's actually fast for rich nodes or if there is anything faster. I wanted something faster for rich mining nodes cause sometimes mobs will just be patrolling and I rather get in and out without dealing with them.

Just now, Horus.8304 said:

I run Unbound by default with the volatile glyph. 

I didn't know about this Consortium or Molten Sickle. I'd be using volatile magic rune on them, which would you say is fastest in this case?

The way I've been doing it so far is that everything is Unbound magic except for Mining which I use the bear one. It also takes just two hits and feels pretty fast. I can't find any info on it though to know if it's actually fast for rich nodes or if there is anything faster. I wanted something faster for rich mining nodes cause sometimes mobs will just be patrolling and I rather get in and out without dealing with them.

they should be the same speed (Consortium / Molten sickle): the glyph only matters if you use industry

I don't want to sacrifice my glyph of bounty for industry or reap, but in terms of speed I rarely see any faster then the thresher 5000. You can exit the animation really fast and move on to the next node. 

Volatile for the other 2. 

Edited by Hemi.5267

The exact speeds were posted several times in Reddit, is not that hard to find out them. I can't remember the exact amounts but were noticeable, and this is the resume:

* Consortium, Molten and any sickle with the "golf animation" are the fastest gathering tools for crops; they have also the property so you can move after 70% of the animation was cast without losing the reward. The most useful glyphs for them are industrious (for max efficinecy in speed) reaper (for max efficiency at gathering rich nodes and in Bitterfrost Frontier winterberry farms) and volatile (sickle + volatile glyph is the best source of volatile magic in the game, up to x6 times better than using volatile with a chopping axe or a mining pick).

* Unbound has the fastest logging tool. Best glyph in that case is industrious.

* Unbound has the fastest mining tool. Best glyph in that case is industrious.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/8bbwcm/science_exact_gathering_tool_speeds/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

The exact speeds were posted several times in Reddit, is not that hard to find out them. I can't remember the exact amounts but were noticeable, and this is the resume:

The speeds as posted above by Infusion.7149 in a nice table form: https://www.peuresearchcenter.com/gathering.php, Scroll down the page to Harvesting Tools.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think it might have changed a little while ago, but I can't remember when exactly.

I mainly use the gathering flutes which have a long animation and which used to have a bug where you could still be stuck in place for a second after it ended. A while ago that changed, the actual gathering happens part-way through the animation and you can move even before it ends, so if you're paying attention you can cut it off part-way through without losing the resources.

The other tools I use are the watchwork pick, consortium sickle and chop-it-all axe and the defaults and while I haven't timed it I don't notice a significant difference between them, unless I stay to watch the whole animation.