Guys pls, why u do not create a item that we could change races

kmurylo.6501

Idk if this cases involve the other players, but ppl like me that play since beta and love to have the main character but cant see any more it with the same look and race.
U guys could be more flexivel and create some item that we can purchase in gemstore to change our race and re-new our game play, giving to us the possibility to change the race of our main character.

Almost time ppl dont like to create a new character because we need spend a lot of time in history or closing maps.

IDK i think it gonna be cool for community and ppl in my point gonna like to buy this "item''.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 15
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Your race determines your personal story and such, meaning, if anything messes with that code, it could introduce all sorts of problems. This has been suggested and explained why it's not happening a lot of times already.

They could create long-term tonic/utility items that just change your base player model. You’ll stay your same race but cosmetically changed until it is cancelled. 

Race restricted wardrobe items could still be an issue. 

Edited by Lexelot.6584
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lexelot.6584 said:

They could create long-term tonic/utility items that just change your base player model. You’ll stay your same race but cosmetically changed until it is cancelled. 

Race restricted wardrobe items could still be an issue. 

I don't think the tonic system allows for armor or outfit use.

If they did that, everyone would have to use the same model.

• Like 6

It's pretty easy to farm enough gold in game to buy a new character slot if all yours all full. The game is intended to be played with multiple characters and just about everyone who plays for any length of time ends up with a combination of characters that include all races and professions. I get that not everyone wants to go through all the content, but most people do. If they wanted you to stay on one character, they wouldn't have developed so many different intricate personal story paths.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

>delete character

>make a new one with the same name

>use lvl 80 booster/tomes of knowledge

>ignore personal story

congratulations, you're now a charr!

I agree and understand it's not technically possible to change race and so on, but in this list you forgot crafting, I personally craft a lot and I have craftings at 500 I'd like to keep in an hypothetical situation like this, so I ask, is there something like a booster for crafting?

2 hours ago, Nymeria.1653 said:

I agree and understand it's not technically possible to change race and so on, but in this list you forgot crafting, I personally craft a lot and I have craftings at 500 I'd like to keep in an hypothetical situation like this, so I ask, is there something like a booster for crafting?

I assume you don't mean an xp booster that boosts crafting xp, but an instant booster. I know that SWTOR has that part of their instant level 70+ boosts that you get crafting disciplines with it, though you can't pick which ones. You get a fixed set depending on which class you choose iirc.

Of course having an instant crafting boost to max level could mean that sales probably would increase because that's probably a big annoyance taken away. On the other hand, you can only make money with crafting via the TP as long as not too many people do it. So you may not want to sell this separately. But then again, the cost of the level 80 boost is pretty prohibitive so adding this to the level 80 boost package, should cause a cost increase. But if it's part of the level 80 boost package itself, then you'll have a lot of people complaining about boosts they got before that didn't have a crafting boost.

So yeah...what would you suggest if they did add an instant crafting boost? How would you want them to sell this?

21 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

>delete character

>make a new one with the same name

>use lvl 80 booster/tomes of knowledge

>ignore personal story

congratulations, you're now a charr!

And loose years of birthday that would lead to greater rewards...

Edited by Peter.3901
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I assume you don't mean an xp booster that boosts crafting xp, but an instant booster. I know that SWTOR has that part of their instant level 70+ boosts that you get crafting disciplines with it, though you can't pick which ones. You get a fixed set depending on which class you choose iirc.

Of course having an instant crafting boost to max level could mean that sales probably would increase because that's probably a big annoyance taken away. On the other hand, you can only make money with crafting via the TP as long as not too many people do it. So you may not want to sell this separately. But then again, the cost of the level 80 boost is pretty prohibitive so adding this to the level 80 boost package, should cause a cost increase. But if it's part of the level 80 boost package itself, then you'll have a lot of people complaining about boosts they got before that didn't have a crafting boost.

So yeah...what would you suggest if they did add an instant crafting boost? How would you want them to sell this?

No no, since that post was making it so easy and fast with tomes for leveling etc, I was just asking if there was something like that for crafting as well (not polemics, I was really asking). It doesn't mean I think it could be a good or bad idea, just asking.

I would *gladly* nuke my character's irrelevant and mostly abandoned core personal story entirely if it meant I could change their race for, like, $10.

"Make a new character, lol"
This is a deficient retort. Making a new character transfers none of the character-bound unlocks to them. Do better.

I'd settle for profession swap, though! Nothing in our profession affects the personal story.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, costepj.5120 said:

Would you really spend $100 on the same game just because the devs told you the underlying code was now easier to maintain?

I'd probably spend 50-60$ to get a personal story that doesn't break (there are cursed routes, bombing the towers in sparkfly fen), and to stop Hodgins (Ascalon Catacombs, P1) from agro'ing everything. There's a lot of broken/easily broken things in the core game I'd like to see fixed or modernized, and it's depressing that it's a more or less a pipe dream because "spaghetti code".

Edited by Westenev.5289
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2