Black Lion Chest Loot on Christmas Day

Here is the thing about loot boxes.  Even when you get something "good" out of it, that doesn't even mean it was a success to you.  Unlike real gambling you are attempting to "win" one thing:   More money than you put down.  In Loot boxes "winning" is getting something more than the common item but then again it might not be the item you desire.  True winning is getting the item you desired but it's not only locked behind getting past the first layer issue of common items that weren't desired, you then need to get through the pool of other items that are an option of "winning"

It really is one of the worst type of gambling system you have in a game.

Edited by PsychoSomatic.6728
missed an e on the end of one at the end. fixed so it read correctly
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Yes they are absolutely optional.  Just because something isn't mandatory doesn't mean it isn't predatory.  

The fact they hide skins behind gambling simply shows that it's more profitable for them to do so instead of in the store and also means that they know it's predatory. 

Honestly the statue vendor isn't great because they rarely update it and they absolutely do not cycle all the things they offer in the loot boxes.  If they would at least do that it would mitigate some of the predatory nature.

• Confused 1

For some reason, I enjoy farming BL keys.  The chests are basically trash and not worth whatever it is they charge for them, but I think they're fun to farm.  I have an extra character slot and a full set of legendary gear so it's pretty easy for me to do the 3 story chapters that award them and then boost up to 80 and do the 9 maps that don't have hearts.  I make enough gold doing so that I can keep doing it when I feel like.

• Like 2