Suggestion: I think this would be fun!

17 minutes ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

>be me

>complete the wintersday jp many times in the past

>tried it again this time

>failed twice

>immediately quit

it's not fun, it's not rewarding, it's pointless. The last thing we need is more of this.

Well aware that not everyone enjoys JPs.  For those that do, there is currently nothing like the Wintersday JP available for regular play.  I think there's opportunity there for an activity that isn't just another boss to kill but is repeatable, semi-competitive, rewarding and dare I say fun (if you're into that sort of thing!).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Vyr.9387 said:

THEY CAN'T KEEP UP, LET 'EM CRY
THROUGH JUMPING PUZZLES WE WILL FLY!

Skipped my fracs tonight like "I will never
go back to pugs alive"
'Cuz I need jumping in my life
just like a [fast] guy needs to grind

So I vaulted through the Reach's streets
right for the sound of crumbling and tears, YEEEEEEEAH!
Slid by some canes bearing no fear
and some charrming gal slashed me a /cheer!

She landed lithe upon a 'flake
goaded me over, grinned
"Gods ain't gon' catch ya, mate"

"Hah; ain't gon' fall," I told her
dodge-lept past her worn platform
and as her paws lost balance
the games were truly on!

Winds howled
JUMP YOUR ROLLS UP HIGH
WATCH SKRITTS' SNOWBALLS DEMONSTRATE
ANet Hitbox causing /map flame
CAUSING /MAP FLAME!

THEY CAN'T KEEP UP, LET 'EM CRY
THROUGH GINGERBREAD ROUTE WE WILL FLY!

'Nuff said, right?

As such...
JUMPERS EVERYWHERE
GET YOUR FEET UP IN THE AIR
WE'RE GLORIOUS, GLORIOUS PARKOUR FOLK
LIKE CENTAURS EATING DUST
YOUR SLOTH'S A THING OF PAST
WE'RE GLORIOUS, GLORIOUS PARKOUR FOLK

Seeing Manowar songs being abused for jumping puzzle propaganda makes me sad. Really, really sad. I always thought we metal heads were nice and sane people, but apparently there's always an exception 😞

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Personally I'm not against more jumping puzzles (I am part of the ones that do like them).

That said, I tend to think that most of what the OP want already exist. The only things that aren't there are the puzzle accessibility (because it can be tedious to go around all maps in order to find the various JP) and the "reward".

Otherwise, disappearing plateforms are pretty common and I think there is even some case of JPs with health loss (or is it movement speed loss?).

Maybe it's lacking on the competitive side? But I'm not really fond of things that pit players against each other.

1 hour ago, Nash.2681 said:

Seeing Manowar songs being abused for jumping puzzle propaganda makes me sad. Really, really sad. I always thought we metal heads were nice and sane people, but apparently there's always an exception 😞

Two sides to every coin, though, right?
Can't tell exactly why I thought of Manowar after reading the OP, but both Die for Metal and Warriors of the World are anthems of camaraderie and standing strong in the face of opposition, themes quite fitting when reading a suggestion of a fellow Wonderland connoisseur with the general consensus seemingly being that both Halloween's Clock Tower and the Lich Queen Alice's Adventures are too difficult.
And it's been a while since I last had any inspiration to as little as cast a glance the way of writing poetry.
So it wasn't meant as anything malicious.
More of a river nourishing the land - not out of necessity, but because it's its nature to flow.

Well, from my experience, metalheads are about as human as everybody else.
But I also used Eminem's lyrics in this post, so You can freely exclude me to keep the stats clean!