The Achievement Expurgation

RDBuck.6098

So I am trying to get me some ascended weapons so I looked up on what achievements that want to get ascended gear and I found this one and it asked for a Mordant Sickle Axe 

but you have craft it and you have to be a level 400 weaponsmith so I looked it up on the Trading Post Harsab the Divider of Severance and it is 71gold.  So why do a achievement at make you do 

crafting where u have to be 400 level. Why can't you make it where you have to fine the axe or something like that. If was to get up to level 400 to craft something for a achievement might as well go to

level 500 to craft what ascended weapon and it be my choice. I am sure they won't read this or change it. I want to really look at some achievements and see if the average play would like to do.

• Confused 5

These achievements are aimed at getting the espec-specific weapons with their own skins. If you don't care about the skin and you'd rather level crafting to 500 and craft a regular ascended weapon instead, you're free to do exactly that.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, RDBuck.6098 said:

So I am trying to get me some ascended weapons so I looked up on what achievements that want to get ascended gear and I found this one and it asked for a Mordant Sickle Axe 

but you have craft it and you have to be a level 400 weaponsmith so I looked it up on the Trading Post Harsab the Divider of Severance and it is 71gold.  So why do a achievement at make you do 

crafting where u have to be 400 level. Why can't you make it where you have to fine the axe or something like that. If was to get up to level 400 to craft something for a achievement might as well go to

level 500 to craft what ascended weapon and it be my choice. I am sure they won't read this or change it. I want to really look at some achievements and see if the average play would like to do.

Getting 1-400 wepsmith is cheaper than 400-500 I believe. 

Many collections have this craft or buy option which rewards you if you've invested in the crafting path. Works out cheaper in the grand scheme to make the exotic item assuming you're completing multiple collections.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RDBuck.6098 said:

If was to get up to level 400 to craft something for a achievement might as well go to level 500 to craft what ascended weapon and it be my choice.

Do you plan to craft Legendary weapons in the future? If you do, no matter what, you'll need weapon crafting. Be it as a weaponsmith, huntsman or artificer. So, getting skills to 400 is pretty much just a fixed overhead that you'll have to incur sooner or later. In other words, that cost can be disregarded.

It is very cheap to craft the Mordant sickle. The main thing about doing the Elite Specialization is for the achievement points. Of course to get the ascended weapon relatively cheap as well. Whether you level up the skills to 400 or 500, you're not going to lose out. Those are skills you'll need anyways.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 2