Still Waiting for Zojja

Mic.1897

On 12/27/2022 at 8:57 PM, Mic.1897 said:

Hello

Still waiting for Zojja over here

There hasn't been a single new story content drop since your last thread in October.

Wait until at least the new Canthan map drops in 2023 before talking about still waiting...

Bobby Stein responding to the last one is probably the most you'll get until then.

• Like 5

If Zojja was ever going to come back, the ideal moment would have been sometime in LWS4 to help us kill Kralk. She could have showed up with a new Mr. Sparkles rebuilt like Scruffy to help her get around, with the obvious motive of avenging Snaff, and any changes in voice or personality due to a new voice actor could have been explained as consequences of the blighting pod. If that easy story hook wasn't sufficient to bring Zojja back, I don't know what's left in GW2 that could be.

Edited by Jimbru.6014
  • Like 1

Imagine if they use zojja instead of inventing a new throw away character (anka) to be the main antogonist for EoD. It would at least be a tragic story trying to save your former damaged allie but ultimately failing, unlike the Saturday morning villiam we got where there was no emotional feeling when we kill her.

But hey, the writing team would have to stop thinking about jade toys and woke politics long enough to make decent storie again.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

On 12/30/2022 at 9:15 AM, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

SPOILERS FOR HEART OF THORNS AND LIVING WORLD SEASON 4

She's not coming back I think. Snaff knew all about Taimi, and there's only one way he could know that. Her body may still be alive but its been hinted at for a long time her mind (or spirit) is in the Mists.

I'd disagree there.

Besides the fact that EoD has Taimi going "and wherever Zojja is", implying that she's not only alive but also active, you have the scrapped S4E2 plot that would have included us rescuing Zojja after she was captured by Inquest (they created Bottica instead because they didn't want to use the "captured female asura" subplot twice in a row), but Snaff could have found out about Taimi any number of ways including but not limited to:

• Any asura who died between S2E4 and S4E4 - Taimi became famous enough after solving the waypoint issue, and increasingly so in Season 3.
  • Eir herself, who was with Snaff when we finally got to meet him in-game. She didn't know Taimi too well, but spent months in Camp Resolve talking to Braham and occasionally Taimi.
  • Glint, who is prophetic and whom Snaff was working for as a ghost, could have kept him abreast of things happening in Tyria, including Zojja's ward.

On 12/30/2022 at 8:05 AM, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Imagine if they use zojja instead of inventing a new throw away character (anka) to be the main antogonist for EoD. It would at least be a tragic story trying to save your former damaged allie but ultimately failing, unlike the Saturday morning villiam we got where there was no emotional feeling when we kill her.

But hey, the writing team would have to stop thinking about jade toys and woke politics long enough to make decent storie again.

Don't get this interest in Zojja she wasn't that big a deal anymore than the rest of Destiny's Edge. As far as Anka goes... and the fact Anka just wants to destroy the world cause she couldn't get laid by Gorrick is just so ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 1/10/2023 at 12:43 PM, Pyriel.4370 said:

Probs left too long due to scheduling or timing with the voice actress, making it harder and harder to return her to relevance as a character.

They've changed VAs for others characters, this isn't a legitimate excuse anymore, if indeed it ever was.

Edited by The Greyhawk.9107
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/13/2023 at 7:31 PM, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

They've changed VAs for others characters, this isn't a legitimate excuse anymore, if indeed it ever was.

Not really for the Destiny's Edge voices. Still have the same voice actors for Logan, Rytlock, Eir and Caithe.

Felicia Day has a pretty recognisable/unique voice too, no doubt changing the VA for Zojja would be jarring to most who care about core game characters like her. Never mind something real life stuff like perhaps contractually they cannot replace her or simply don't want to/don't feel its necessary.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2023 at 3:19 PM, Pyriel.4370 said:

Not really for the Destiny's Edge voices. Still have the same voice actors for Logan, Rytlock, Eir and Caithe.

Felicia Day has a pretty recognisable/unique voice too, no doubt changing the VA for Zojja would be jarring to most who care about core game characters like her. Never mind something real life stuff like perhaps contractually they cannot replace her or simply don't want to/don't feel its necessary.

Can't say I agree, especially in regards to Day being especially recognizable, like a couple others I'm inclined to think you're overestimating her popularity and distinctiveness (she's not exactly using her normal voice for that matter).  Being a member of Destiny's Edge doesn't really matter much to me either, it hasn't stop ArenaNet from killing one of those characters off or endless Fridging another for no discernible reason, far as I'm concerned a voice change is nothing in comparison.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Can't say I agree, especially in regards to Day being especially recognizable, like a couple others I'm inclined to think you're overestimating her popularity and distinctiveness (she's not exactly using her normal voice for that matter).  Being a member of Destiny's Edge doesn't really matter much to me either, it hasn't stop ArenaNet from killing one of those characters off or endless Fridging another for no discernible reason, far as I'm concerned a voice change is nothing in comparison.

They have a free excuse for a voice change from what already happened in HoT by simply saying that she had lasting damage. No fridging required

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, Kalocin.5982 said:

They have a free excuse for a voice change from what already happened in HoT by simply saying that she had lasting damage. No fridging required

Indeed they do. But they made the pants-on-head decision not take advantage of such and fridged anyway (not the first pants-on-head type decision to immediately follow HoT for that matter, anyone else remember the Visual Nerf?).

• Confused 2

17 hours ago, Kalocin.5982 said:

This would be such an embarrassing idea that I'd rather not have any closure at all than have them go this route lol

• Confused 4