Increase movement speed already

rune.9572

I have a better idea! Just hear me for a second...why don't we...gain the ability to fly without mounts! We can already fly using the gryphon and the skyscale, just walking is useless! Our characters should be able to fly just like the mounts do! Even better, we should be able to fight while flying too! Forget underwater combat, it's time for sky combat, baby!

• Haha 5

33 minutes ago, Crono.4197 said:

I have a better idea! Just hear me for a second...why don't we...gain the ability to fly without mounts! We can already fly using the gryphon and the skyscale, just walking is useless! Our characters should be able to fly just like the mounts do! Even better, we should be able to fight while flying too! Forget underwater combat, it's time for sky combat, baby!

They recently gave us the ability to sit without chairs so…..anything is possible. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Movement speed is an important way to keep combat balanced.

On 12/29/2022 at 2:05 AM, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

This.
Also, you could play scrapper in open world for perma superspeed.

I remember someone showing me a toy axe which could be combined with an Engi's superspeed to travel vast distances. Not quite as fast as a raptor, but it comes pretty kitten close and is great in dungeon clears.

Edited by Westenev.5289

6 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

This game already has twice as fast movement and combat as any other MMO on the market.

Eh, but this is also the only MMO where your movement speed is slowed down a lot the moment you're put into combat and you're forced to have swiftness access, a signet or be one of the lucky ones with a movement speed passive trait to bandaid it. That's always one of the things I'm immediatly reminded of anytime I hop onto a different MMO as a first impression and always enjoy not having to deal with it there.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/28/2022 at 5:59 AM, rune.9572 said:

In case pepole haven't noticed, nobody wants to play a class that moves like measles. We can already skip everything with mounts, so swiftness is useless in pve. Just do it.

it's always a great day when the person trying to start a discussion plants a railroad spike in their foot immediately at the start. measles spreads incredibly quickly among populations, so your thread is very unclear.

best regards!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Eh, but this is also the only MMO where your movement speed is slowed down a lot the moment you're put into combat and you're forced to have swiftness access, a signet or be one of the lucky ones with a movement speed passive trait to bandaid it. That's always one of the things I'm immediatly reminded of anytime I hop onto a different MMO as a first impression and always enjoy not having to deal with it there.

I fully agree with the above. I would vastly prefer normalised movement in and out of combat like in GW1 and other mmos.  I can't help but feel it is a bit jarring when my movement slows to almost a crawl when forced into combat mode by a stray projectile.  We do have mounts now so character movement should be normalised. 

On 12/30/2022 at 5:09 AM, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

This game already has twice as fast movement and combat as any other MMO on the market.

When I played some Black Desert Online, the combat was pretty fast and movement (especially sprinting) felt faster than superspeed here, and that game has no fast-travel waypoints so I had plenty of experience running around.  Not as much of a real MMO but Warframe I don't even think that needs to be discussed on how motion-sickness inducingly fast movement is there.  City of Heroes/Champions Online/DC Universe Online movement is obviously alot faster.  Out of the top MMOs (WoW, FF14) though sure, the movement when out of combat in GW2 is slightly faster I guess.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 12:40 AM, SinisterSeven.2781 said:

it's always a great day when the person trying to start a discussion plants a railroad spike in their foot immediately at the start. measles spreads incredibly quickly among populations, so your thread is very unclear.

best regards!

So by planting a railroad spike into their foot, they're slow.  So... I think it works out?  I'm assuming that a railroad spike plunged through your foot would hinder your ability to run at some level.  Maybe the measles reference is so incorrect that they actually missed their foot with the railroad spike, further contradicting the point.

Anyways, Combat movement speed is actually the normal speed.  During the betas, we complained that movement was slow, so out-of-combat movement speed was increased.  Dedicating a build to maintain extra movement speed is a trade-off for having other build aspects, such as damage or defense (though movement speed may be a defensive boon if the player is skilled).  To just increase speed across the board would remove any sacrifices to builds for getting that movement speed.

With the same logic, we might as well all have permanent 10 stacks of might, baseline, regardless of skill usage or traits.  That's because there's always might around so might as well just always have it.

As for fury, might as well give every character a permanent 20 percent base critical chance, because fury is easy to maintain with meta builds.

Etc.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1