How do you feel about Rifle Burst? (Poll)

Kuma.1503

Tyria's next top rifle  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Which animation is/was the best?

• Hip Shot - (One Bullet)
    • Rifle Burst - (Two Bullets)
    • Rifle Burst - (Three Bullets)
    • Just make it a shotgun lol

4 minutes ago, Kruckenberg Vinicia.6849 said:

I have to agree with this. Changing the skin completely to a shotgun really screws the people who paid gold already for the legendary rifle skin for its look and animation. Tbh I'm not happy with the animation change they already did with the original rifle mech. It looks like the mech is just blowing up grenades in its own face now (looks more ridiculous with quickness on). No longer does the mech look like hes firing awesome big blazing orange sparkling shining bullets across the screen with the fiery legendary rifle. Does anyone other than ME even remember how awesome the old animation looked with that?? This is why people buy skins folks! It's not just about how the weapon art alone looks, but also the ANIMATION when using it!

Please consider changing the animation back to the original way it was. Improve the grenade animation or just get rid of it and go back to the original 3 bullet animation. (not saying to increase/decrease damage, just improving the animation only. Skins and art animation are everything in this game, and the way for example the legendary rifle currently operates on the mech during combat is just awful, and it deserves MUCH better imo. The original animation was really the best. Any new premium rifle skins in the future would look a lot better with it too.

Nobody's talking about changing skins, just functionality

13 minutes ago, Kruckenberg Vinicia.6849 said:

I have to agree with this. Changing the skin completely to a shotgun really screws the people who paid gold already for the legendary rifle skin for its look and animation. Tbh I'm not happy with the animation change they already did with the original rifle mech. It looks like the mech is just blowing up grenades in its own face now (looks more ridiculous with quickness on). No longer does the mech look like hes firing awesome big blazing orange sparkling shining bullets across the screen with the fiery legendary rifle. Does anyone other than ME even remember how awesome the old animation looked with that?? This is why people buy skins folks! It's not just about how the weapon art alone looks, but also the ANIMATION when using it!

Please consider changing the animation back to the original way it was. Improve the grenade animation or just get rid of it and go back to the original 3 bullet animation. (not saying to increase/decrease damage, just improving the animation only. Skins and art animation are everything in this game, and the way for example the legendary rifle currently operates on the mech during combat is just awful, and it deserves MUCH better imo. The original animation was really the best. Any new premium rifle skins in the future would look a lot better with it too.

You see that is more the buyers fault than the games if you bought the rifle just that. Things change all the time in this game, so thinking something will remain steady and not changed is fool hardy at best. Just let this be a lesson of Buyer beware. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

16 hours ago, MrForz.1953 said:

I love how a portion of the playerbase views the entirety of the Engineer exactly like this☠️

Its anet fault did you saw those epic machine gun turret the chaar use? Did you see the epic golem the asura use, and now the jade mech with all their laser? And we engineer are suppose to keep use low tech flintlock weaponery? Are you kidding me?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Not to mention that most other professions with guns have a rapid-fire skill, and there are skins that exist that are full-on miniguns. And others that are handheld volley guns, which look similar but aren't the same thing.

Heck, the skills as they are at the moment feel like engineer rifle should have at least one attachment rather than firing everything through a single barrel.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 1/19/2023 at 9:53 AM, draxynnic.3719 said:

Not to mention that most other professions with guns have a rapid-fire skill, and there are skins that exist that are full-on miniguns. And others that are handheld volley guns, which look similar but aren't the same thing.

Heck, the skills as they are at the moment feel like engineer rifle should have at least one attachment rather than firing everything through a single barrel.

Yeah is weird, a ranger can fire quicker with its bow that an engineer with its rifle. If anyone ever shoot a bow and/or a gun will know that this is silly. The argument against rapid fire on engi rifle are just dump. I understand for balance, just split the damage between the 3 bullet instead of 2. Dont care about number honestly. The fun factor aint there at all on rifle.

Edited by Makuragee.3058
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Makuragee.3058 said:

Anet look at the poll, more than half the player want the 3x burst back, give us a candy after all the stuff you remove from mech. Give us back the 3x burst and maybe aim assit on mech.... pleassssssssse...... :3

60 people compared how many there are in the game?? XDD do you think majority even visits forums???... And i see only your OWN posts spamming non stop the same things inflating this dead topic.. 

Several threads, multiple pages full of "ugly" "3x burst back" and "aar back" only from you... Plus im pretty sure anet is looking at in game numbers and not just at few commentators at forums before making any changes and my guess despite you crying mech population is still big, at least big enough to be in line with other specs, and no ty, noone wants to see mech only squads and parties for instanced content beeing spammed all over again ever..

Edited by soul.9651
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

14 hours ago, Makuragee.3058 said:

Anet look at the poll, more than half the player want the 3x burst back, give us a candy after all the stuff you remove from mech. Give us back the 3x burst and maybe aim assit on mech.... pleassssssssse...... :3

We really shouldn't get A-AR back on Mechanist unless the damage on the bot is brought down and/or autocast is removed. Otherwide that would re-inflate their afk DPS back into unhealthy territory. 

The 3 roudn burst on the other hand is more of an aesthetic choice with only minor balance implications, and I think there's value in listening to which players enjoy more when deciding on which version to keep. 

From what I'm gathering form this poll it looks like the 3 round burst is the most preferred.

This is only from a pool of 104 people which is 4 more than the bare minimum of what statiticians would consider enough to be statistically significant, but that does mean there is some value in these results. Perhaps if they take in forum feedback on matters like this, they'll reconsider the change. 

Also idk if spamming is truly the most productive way of getting what we want.

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

We really shouldn't get A-AR back on Mechanist unless the damage on the bot is brought down and/or autocast is removed. Otherwide that would re-inflate their afk DPS back into unhealthy territory. 

The 3 roudn burst on the other hand is more of an aesthetic choice with only minor balance implications, and I think there's value in listening to which players enjoy more when deciding on which version to keep. 

From what I'm gathering form this poll it looks like the 3 round burst is the most preferred.

This is only from a pool of 104 people which is 4 more than the bare minimum of what statiticians would consider enough to be statistically significant, but that does mean there is some value in these results. Perhaps if they take in forum feedback on matters like this, they'll reconsider the change. 

Also idk if spamming is truly the most productive way of getting what we want.

Thank, honestly yeah aim assit on mech was fun but I tend to agree it was a bit high on damage. Auto cast on mech should be remove no matter what, it was a bad descsion to add this, I still dont understand why they did this. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

FYI, the problem with this isn't the sample size - it's that the sample isn't representative of the general game population.

This is for 2 reasons -1/  self-selection bias - participants are themselves deciding to take part in the poll  2/This is within a subset of the GW2 gaming population (i.e. the forum), and one can't assume that even the entire forum population would be representative of the game's population as a whole.

To have a properly representative sample of the game's population, one would want a random sample of the gaming population, and polls on the forum won't do that

• Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Perhaps, though one suggestion I brought up in other topics is to nerf the range of the traits 3-3-1 to dampen its synergy. Since ranged A.I. functions far better than melee due to the lack of repositioning and map pathing needed to sustain damage.

7 minutes ago, Makuragee.3058 said:

Thank, honestly yeah aim assit on mech was fun but I tend to agree it was a bit high on damage. Auto cast on mech should be remove no matter what, it was a bad descsion to add this, I still dont understand why they did this. 

Well this isn't the first time a core ability got nerfed to balance a elite spec. Thief's acrobatics trait to balance daredevil's dodging and elementalist's fire staff skills to balance weaver's damage multipliers are the two most vivid examples I still remember

Edited by cyberzombie.7348

On 1/21/2023 at 3:31 AM, Makuragee.3058 said:

Yeah is weird, a ranger can fire quicker with its bow that an engineer with its rifle. If anyone ever shoot a bow and/or a gun will know that this is silly. The argument against rapid fire on engi rifle are just dump. I understand for balance, just split the damage between the 3 bullet instead of 2. Dont care about number honestly. The fun factor aint there at all on rifle.

Bows were genuinely faster up until sometime in the 1800s, especially when it came to rifled firearms. Mind you, ArenaNet clearly hasn't been treating the firearms in GW2 as muzzle-loaders.

My understanding was that the reason why the fire rate was reduced was at least somewhat technical - having three shots in a relatively short timeframe baseline meant the animation had a tendency to glitch when sped up even further (such as through Quickness).

• Like 4

8 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Bows were genuinely faster up until sometime in the 1800s, especially when it came to rifled firearms. Mind you, ArenaNet clearly hasn't been treating the firearms in GW2 as muzzle-loaders.

My understanding was that the reason why the fire rate was reduced was at least somewhat technical - having three shots in a relatively short timeframe baseline meant the animation had a tendency to glitch when sped up even further (such as through Quickness).

I get it but they could have kept the 3x burst rifle and just slow it a bit. And maybe not had suck a long pre cast time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1