Future Plans For a GW2 DirectX12on7 ?

hugeboss.5432

2 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

It is intended since if you dont have internet you would not be able to use your computer at all.

And since when is pulling out a cord jiu jitsu.

Did you read how the process was described? You don't get to make an offline account by just not having a connection, but only by disconnecting at the right moment:

14 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

like i said, it must be done during account creation, not before

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sindust.7059 said:

Did you read how the process was described? You don't get to make an offline account by just not having a connection, but only by disconnecting at the right moment:

You did not read the second edit did you?

15 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Edit: and it seems it's actually much easier than that, because you don;t even have to mess up with connections. All you need to do is to fail the initial account creation for any reason and you will then be redirected to local creation, and it seems just putting nonsensical info in login/passford for MS account works as well.:

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It does, have done this many times already. You just need to know when to cut the connection.

Edit: like i said, it must be done during account creation, not before. Setup will try to create an MS account, fail to get a connection, and go for a backup option.

Edit: and it seems it's actually much easier than that, because you don;t even have to mess up with connections. All you need to do is to fail the initial account creation for any reason and you will then be redirected to local creation, and it seems just putting nonsensical info in login/passford for MS account works as well.:

Doesn't matter if there's a workaround for it now. Microsoft has already publicly confirmed that they're going to force users to use an online account in the future.

https://www.pcgamer.com/windows-11-pro-will-soon-force-you-to-have-a-microsoft-account-for-installation/

With that aside, I support DX11 and Vulkan. DX12 is worse than pointless now. Windows 10 and 11 are confirmed trash operating systems. I highly recommend to everyone to either use MX Linux or an older version of Windows.

Edited by Arnox.5128
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 12/29/2022 at 9:35 PM, mythical.6315 said:

They should stabilize things on DX11 first before even thinking about upgrading. That’s assuming the shift from DX11 to DX12 would even be worth it. 

There is only one thing why . You can then use NVIDAs tool too mod ray tracing shaders into GW2 xD ( https://www.nvidia.com/de-de/geforce/rtx-remix/)

So the last things you can still see in-game won't be see able anymore D

Although I have w10&w11 on other SSD's, the GW2 OS requirement comes with a different set of problems & catches, since most people bought the product under the original specification, where it states that gw2 is a win7 product. I don't think they can realistically change or remove that part of the sales specification now, without potentially facing the threat of civil lawsuits :D (probably not a great idea lol).

So, GW2 will probably have to stay compatible with win7 for as long as we know it (afaik). But now that dx12 has come to win7, that opens up that feature without having to change the OS (much easier to deal with). Although MacOS support was discontinued in 2021, MacOS was never part of the original software specification (it came later).

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, hugeboss.5432 said:

Although I have w10&w11 on other SSD's, the GW2 OS requirement comes with a different set of problems & catches, since most people bought the product under the original specification, where it states that gw2 is a win7 product. I don't think they can realistically change or remove that part of the sales specification now, without potentially facing the threat of civil lawsuits 😄 (probably not a great idea lol).

So, GW2 will probably have to stay compatible with win7 for as long as we know it (afaik). But now that dx12 has come to win7, that opens up that feature without having to change the OS (much easier to deal with). Although MacOS support was discontinued in 2021, MacOS was never part of the original software specification (it came later).

Yeah, I'm sure that'll happen buddy. Just like the storm of class action lawsuits businesses got when they dropped support for Windows XP (which GW2 also dropped last year, to no commotion at all).

Edited by erapago.4387