Auto LFG based on stats/attributes

What I imagine here is, something a bit in line with party finder in ffxiv...

So, when commander starts an LFG, 

1) Set minimum toughness for tank role.

2) set concentration and healing minimum attribute for support role.

3) set minimum power attribute for powerdps and min condidps attribute for cdps.

4) commander can set how many supports or how many tanks or healers /roles are needed in each subgroup

Given, the party finder gives recommended default values for attributes for each role.

Don't bring specific boons into consideration here yet... Ffxiv does have various kinds of healers barrier healers, different kinds of party supports damage buffs but it's either decided after pf or based on players we get...

Atleast this kind of auto LFG could make life easier... U can refine the LFG with description  like "2 alacrity 2 quickness supports" or play with whatever you get and just trust the attributes...

At this point... This is just a crude suggestion without taking into consideration how most squads crave for alac and quick boon specific role-builds.  And special roles such as tower chrono need to be filtered with LFG description.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 24
  • Sad 3

So you are saying the auto lfg cant work since it wont search for tower chrono, handkite, pylons, pusher etc.

So this idea is dead in the water already.

Edit.

You do know that some teams tank with 1005 toughness on bosses would that squad be able to auto deny all rangers since power soulbeast got 1150 toughness by default?

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

This seems more complicated than the system we have now. Writing what you’re looking for in one sentence is easier than all of this. So that’s a no from me. 

Arc has plugin that tracks party member roles (boon supp, heal, etc.) would be cool to have something like that in-game and not as 3-rd party addon

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

Can we finally stop beating the dead auto-lfg horse? It was explained over and over again already why it simply can not work in this game. Also you're miscalculating the importance of gear in relation to trait/skill choice and player skill.

@Zizekent.2398 good luck at KO CM and HT CM if you think this would work for strikes

Edited by Nash.2681
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I would like an auto LFG (in addition to what we have; not a replacement), but probably not with stat parameters. As others have explained, that's way too varied and finicky a system to pin down compared to being able to just jot down the desired build shorthand in your advert. To me, the best part of an auto LFG would be the ability to queue up for instanced content from anywhere in the world (after unlocking access to said content) without having to idle at a portal.

Being able to tick 'yo, I wanna go do x dungeon/fractal/DRM' or even just 'I wanna go do any dungeon/fractal/DRM' while you're out doing stuff in the world and then getting a teleportation prompt when a full group is ready would be great, and I imagine the randomness of the resulting party/squad would be no different than what pugging already offers.

For more specific group requirements, classic LFG and guild networking would still be there, and for content where party makeup doesn't matter, access to instanced content would be made swifter and easier.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

9 minutes ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

For more specific group requirements, classic LFG and guild networking would still be there, and for content where party makeup doesn't matter, access to instanced content would be made swifter and easier.

Not really a need for it in my opinion. Like you mentioned for more specific group reqs, it won't work anyways, and when I do not care about composition than I just open LFG with "all welcome" description, and I am on my merry way to do dailies and other stuff. It's pracricly the same as auto LFG.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

3) set minimum power attribute for powerdps and min condidps attribute for cdps.

4) commander can set how many supports or how many tanks or healers /roles are needed in each subgroup

This seems to be a lot of work. 

7 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Atleast this kind of auto LFG could make life easier...

Would it? I don’t see how this would be better than the LFG we have. I never had problems finding a group with the current LFG tool. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

I just want an auto-lfg that allows me to queue while I do something else in open world. Maybe add a simple checkbox of my roles (dps, healer, buffer, all, etc.), nothing too specific. Simplicity is the way to go. Also, they should add a default lfg panel called "All" with a subcategory of "Open World," "Instances," and "Others". So, someone likes me who does a bit of everything can immediately know which content needs players without clicking each subcategory one by one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

10 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

What I imagine here is, something a bit in line with party finder in ffxiv...

Given, the party finder gives recommended default values for attributes for each role.

Don't bring specific boons into consideration here yet... Ffxiv does have various kinds of healers barrier healers, different kinds of party supports damage buffs but it's either decided after pf or based on players we get...

Atleast this kind of auto LFG could make life easier... U can refine the LFG with description  like "2 alacrity 2 quickness supports" or play with whatever you get and just trust the attributes...

At this point... This is just a crude suggestion without taking into consideration how most squads crave for alac and quick boon specific role-builds.  And special roles such as tower chrono need to be filtered with LFG description.

You do know that this whole idea would go against the "play how you want" quoting crowd and would just lead to more whining.

• Confused 6

11 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

(...)but it's either decided after pf or based on players we get...

Sounds like current lfg with extra -due to added stat values- steps. People still join, you still need to ask who does what and then kick/re-queue if you didn't get what you wanted. I don't see a good reason to implement this.

5 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

and for content where party makeup doesn't matter, access to instanced content would be made swifter and easier.

How would it make it swifter and easier? If you don't care about party makeup, state what content you're doing, write "everyone welcome" and do whatever you want while the group fills up through lfg. This is already happening in the game and nothing points at [another lfg idea] to make it faster or easier in these cases.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2

I thought about this better idea yesterday, a third food type that players consume that gives them a combined buff on their boonbar visible to all other players. In order to encourage its use, this buff would provide a small increase to the relevant stats, and would cost only a few coins or karma to obtain from an NPC.

Multiple types could be used, as long as they specifically don't stack, allowing combined roles.

Power DPS - +7% damage, +3% critical chance.

Condi DPS - +7% condition damage, +3% condition duration (doesn't stack with Power buff).

Quickness support - +7% Quickness duration, +3% boon duration.

Alacrity support - +7% Alacrity duration, +3% boon duration (doesn't stack with Quickness buff)

Healer - +7% healing power, +3% outgoing healing. (doesn't stack with any DPS buff.)

Tank - +7% toughness, +3% vitality - favoring toughness because of raids.

Celestial - +3% all stats for every other build (doesn't stack with any other buff).

I realise this is a form of powercreep. However, it would quickly and effectively solve the problem. Seeing the buff on a player would automatically point out players who have a decent build (since they would need it for full efficiency), and what that build is exactly, since they don't overlap.

Its basically meant to be a requirement on purpose.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Confused 9

For PvP you get already auto-queue the problems there is it tries to match classes on both sides which is exploitable .

So a change to stat + traits instead would be an improvement there.

For non Cm this certainly also works when you can also choose specs.(spec + stats)

Most  non cm content outside Fractals and Raids actually do hardly need any group setup

So now for CMs the actual problem is people want to speed run them and not holding hands for people who do it for the first time. maybe you get the speed runner tab unlocked after you done it 5 times or so.

• Confused 4

For most non CM, non raid content a simple healer/dps distinction would be enough for an auto finder. Anyone that prefers a more optimised group can still use lfg.

But I would prefer that they improve LFG and squad/party frames so that we would have icons for specific roles. These could be tied to build templates. For example I mark my build as a quick dps, I get a qdps icon on my squad frame. Comm can immediately see who is what and has easier time distributing the parties. They could also add that the comm dedicates specific spots in a squad for specific roles and you apply for a role in a squad. These could be completely up to comm, so custom roles, like kiters... The only issue here as I see it, is that healing supports can be both quick or alac and vice versa for dps boon supports.

Edited by Cuks.8241
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Oh, it very much needs one. It's just it is designed in such a way where it just wouldn't work.

Just use the already existing LFG tool. If that minuscule amount of effort (one can hardly even call it that) happens to be too much of a bother, you are better off remaining solo.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 8
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I mean, as Long as it is optional to use, i don't Care.

I would Just sit Here with Popcorn and Coke and wait for all the whining of the so called forum-casuals that their groups suck and that everyone is so toxic and of course this would only be the "Elite" Raiders who are at fault, although i doubt that they would use an Auto lfg x).

... Now i want it, Just to See the world burn.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 5

14 hours ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

I mean, as Long as it is optional to use, i don't Care.

I would Just sit Here with Popcorn and Coke and wait for all the whining of the so called forum-casuals that their groups suck and that everyone is so toxic and of course this would only be the "Elite" Raiders who are at fault, although i doubt that they would use an Auto lfg x).

... Now i want it, Just to See the world burn.

xaxaxax

If it doen't work , or people tried to boycotaz them by beeing afk and then going in the forums and saying :

"see?? Strikes with the 2 hours LFR didnt work , lets get back to raids" , then we simply continue with the low cost recycled Story Bosses as Strikes

...tick tock...november with content draught ofr the next expansion is commng...

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 10