The Cheese of Jormag, one large hole with all the taste gone with the arctic wind.

So, a lot of people have been visiting the edges of the Tyrian Siberia in order to kick around the Big Bad Dragon for the holiday achievement... So I guess most of you will be aware of what I'm going to rant about.

The poor Claw. Once a superpowered beast, for which to kill we had to utilize the mighty charzookas, to protect the top of the line golems, carrying the omega-code secret Asuran explosives, shattering the bone-shattering icicles of painful death. It had mechanics and all, champions spawning everywhere, THE LEDGES, even.

Now what resides there is a pile of HPs kicked around by a pile of players with a certified ability to press 1 and C (default) in turns. The champions are roaming somewhere back there, looking stupid, anyone who dares to do the event according to the mechanics just dies with nobody to resurrect them - the charzookas part is entirely out, because the bunch just packs themselves behind the wall, bugging the hell out of the whole ordeal.

It looks stupid, it is stupid, and even if frozen cheese retains most of its flavour, in this case it's like chewing some withered rubber.

We need some simple buffs for the frost field, or maybe some killer champs around the dragon itself, we need anything to turn this event back to something remotely resembling a thing that needs a shred of thought to complete.

Amirite?
Amirite?

• Like 26
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

Agree. Arenanet needs to evaluate and adapt the encounters, open world and instanced alike to balance with their insane powercreep prof changes over the last 36 months. We don't want to fight wet tissue paper, anet! Seriously. The fact that anet thinks its okay to have 40k+ dps builds in the game and hp boosts from jade bot cores and "armor refinement" but make no changes to the encounters to balance it out is pure negligence at best and incompetence at worst. I wonder if they play their game sometimes. 

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

I did Claw for the first time in years. It’s depressing to see how trivial it’s become. It was never a hard fight, but doing the mechanics and using the flamethrowers etc gave it flavour and the feel of battling something eldritch in nature.

Id love to see this fight feel like it used to. There’s no need for this insane power creep. Elite specs were only ever meant to give alternative ways to play. Seeing players just face tank a once powerful world boss is a big red flag for the direction of the game.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

It's more likely they will add new encounters rather than messing with the old ones.

Maybe one of the Living World expansions could update the bosses but I doupt it. 

Well they did update the lvl 1-10 maps world bosses already maybe they start from the low level areas and work their way up?

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well they did update the lvl 1-10 maps world bosses already maybe they start from the low level areas and work their way up?

They could theme it around Void dragon magic. 

Each region has been corrupted and now the world bosses have stages or even modifiers based on the pre event or its just random like with Fractals. 

• Like 1

Its funny because I've spent the last half a decade repeatedly posting "powercreep is getting worse" only to never be taken seriously because people liked their walking death builds. Unfortunately, its far too late to do anything about it now, as its become a central part of the game's design starting with HoT and worsening each year.

When they redid the low-level bosses all they really did was add tons of vitality to account for insane damage output of players, without even improving the rewards.

If they redid Claw of Jormag it'd just become Claw of Snoremag 2.0. Its nothing new really, all the way back to dungeons they don't know how to account for the power of players (and now siege turtles), so all they can do is push the vitality slider up to deal with any situation.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Its funny because I've spent the last half a decade repeatedly posting "powercreep is getting worse" only to never be taken seriously because people liked their walking death builds. Unfortunately, its far too late to do anything about it now, as its become a central part of the game's design starting with HoT and worsening each year.

When they redid the low-level bosses all they really did was add tons of vitality to account for insane damage output of players, without even improving the rewards.

If they redid Claw of Jormag it'd just become Claw of Snoremag 2.0. Its nothing new really, all the way back to dungeons they don't know how to account for the power of players (and now siege turtles), so all they can do is push the vitality slider up to deal with any situation.

You do know that you get 4 times the champion bags now so yes they did improve the rewards.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Azureus.5428 said:

Mindless swarm tactics are historically eastern-themed, and the game seems to be taking up such motiffs for some time now.

Lets fix the bug and nerf the Boons effects (10 Power with each Might for the powercreep -will effect moslty the 51k 45k dps groups).

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 2

Based on the title. Are you saying he got smelly farts? If so, I recommend standing in front of him and not behind. 

on a more serious note, perhaps they will rework some world bosses since they already did so in the starter areas. Time will show.

Edited by Freya.9075
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, anninke.7469 said:

I'm not sure tuning up core bosses to the (paid) expansions powercreep is a good thing. Leaves a bad impression when you want to try out a game and it ptactically tells you "cash out if you want to be able to actually beat stuff".

It doesn't even have to be very difficult, it just should retain functional mechanics that force any kind of gameplay that isn't CLUMP UP AND SQUIRT DPS.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

we already have a better/revamped Claw of Jormag.

sure, the old one is pathetic but after seen what they did with the Shadow Behemoth and the Svanir Shaman Chief, I rather have arenanet not messing with another boss.

I’m not necs sure I agree the later one is better, but regardless the old one doesn’t need a full revamp. It needs to be immune to damage until the walls breakusing the charzooka or golems, a heavier dot on the ground during that phase to prevent camping and a small health increase. Then it’s back to how it was rather than overhauled.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Zaraki.5784 said:

Disagree, open wordl metas (especially core ones) must be easy (braindead level), there is fract/strike/raid for those who want harder contents.

To ensure that a proper amount of the playerbase remains entirely braindead?

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Zaraki.5784 said:

Disagree, open wordl metas (especially core ones) must be easy (braindead level), there is fract/strike/raid for those who want harder contents.

This thought process of why most of the open-world is no longer enjoyable by many experienced players. There was a time when even veterans could find a challenge there (remember Orr being farmed 24/7 and many events still failing?) but nerf after nerf to enemies combined with powercreep to players has ruined it.

Even Heart of Thorns got nerfed at some point and is only a shadow of its former glory.

I understand, casual players want to stay casual. But have you ever considered that you're only one kind of player in the game, and that other players want to be able to enjoy the same content too, not be segregated away from you into some instance box prison so you feel more comfortable roaming free?

The only time I can enjoy anything in open-world is when a new Living World episode is released, no one knows the content and I can be inexperienced with everyone else, otherwise I'm not welcome anymore because I don't like oneshotting every enemy and never doing any mechanics.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 6

2 hours ago, Zaraki.5784 said:

They were always easy... Do a few basic mechanics for strategy really add difficulty?  Or maybe just a bit of interest... Jormag has now been trivialized... it's the new Fire Elemental of Old... the challenge is now getting to the event on time, as if you're a little late, you've missed it altogether.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

This thought process of why most of the open-world is no longer enjoyable by many experienced players. There was a time when even veterans could find a challenge there (remember Orr being farmed 24/7 and many events still failing?) but nerf after nerf to enemies combined with powercreep to players has ruined it.

Even Heart of Thorns got nerfed at some point and is only a shadow of its former glory.

I understand, casual players want to stay casual. But have you ever considered that you're only one kind of player in the game, and that other players want to be able to enjoy the same content too, not be segregated away from you into some instance box prison so you feel more comfortable roaming free?

The only time I can enjoy anything in open-world is when a new Living World episode is released, no one knows the content and I can be inexperienced with everyone else, otherwise I'm not welcome anymore because I don't like oneshotting every enemy and never doing any mechanics.

Well the orr events were failed because they would restart quicker and hence more profit for the farmers not they were hard.

• Like 2