9 out of 10 games have pepega Scepter Catalysts or/and Defense Spellbreakers

Zekent.3652

• Zekent.3652 changed the title to 9 out of 10 games have pepega Scepter Catalysts or/and a Defense Spellbreakers
  • Zekent.3652 changed the title to 9 out of 10 games have pepega Scepter Catalysts or/and Defense Spellbreakers
38 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

That condi spellbreaker is the best answer i found to cata so far

Its also a good answer to not dying to 2-3 players, at least in some of the unranked matches I play.

41 minutes ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

It's not a "just adapt" thing, Scepter Cata is a invul/block abuser while melting people's HP in a blink, and Defense Spellbreaker is just obnoxious.

Yeah just some time ago I was enjoying playing with and vs non-meta in unranked. Now its full of those 2 and it reminds me of playing str spb in ranked before eod dropped. Overall not fun games, especially when I get top players on those builds. I had one game with a core rev who went "this is unranked you know?", I assume to the opponent teams catalyst.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Its also a good answer to not dying to 2-3 players, at least in some of the unranked matches I play.

It's a very strong build, i can 1v1 players that are good for really long time and even psu them out the node. Against average players i can 1v3 no problem

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Every team in ATs having at least 1 spellbreaker, oftenly 2.

But this is just a l2p issue. These players just suck and have to get used to play against warriors... sure, sure.....

Games in ATs are seriously turning into:

1. Catalyst
  2. Catalyst
  3. Tempest
  4. Spellbreaker
  5. Vindicator

This is what I'm seeing in the semis & finals of ATs.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

1. Catalyst
  2. Catalyst
  3. Tempest
  4. Spellbreaker
  5. Vindicator

Agreed. People keep singling out spec one or another, but I think all of the above need to be toned down (and other stuff brought up, too, of course).

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

All pvp is anymore is play the broken meta

That is, has always been, and always will be competitive games. Competitive anything really.
You're always gonna have a significant percentage of people who play whatever's on top at any given moment, it's unavoidable. Winning is fun, losing sucks.

The goal should be to try and keep everything close enough, so people who don't want to play fotm can still do relatively well and ideally outplay other people and win that way. You can do that with things like niches/roles, condi vs power builds, and so on. Cata being a sidenoder, Tempest being a teamfight or support build, things like that.

In a perfect world, any spec would be able to play any role just based on how they build, but I don't think that's very realistic. Instead I think you're better off just trying to make sure each spec has a role that it accomplishes decently. It's a bit boring if all the warrior specs are sidenoders, but if the difference between them aren't massive, then someone can pick whichever they want to have fun on without ruining everyone else's time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

I don't think in g3 I'm encountering any of this yet. 

Thats cuz your g3.

Everyone playing the FotM is automatically slingshotted to plat. in Plat right now there indeed is ALOT of catas and defensebreakers.

I am having no problems with Sceptre cata tho....   For their big surprise burst they need to hit a Watertrident while chilled. In my build i stack -Condiduration and -Chillduration making me completly immune to chill. They cant use their trident and this is enough to clap them left and right...

Not saying its a l2p thing... but you can defo adapt and overcome the meta. You just have to adjust your builds to the current meta. When facing a defensebreaker, slotting a extra stunbreak is enough to have the upperhand again.

Round starts -> check enemy builds -> adapt.

I can deal with both builds in question with a selfmade offmeta build...  YOU CAN DO IT GUYS! If Anet doesnt nerf them... find counters.  Their hella strong, but not immortal.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

I can deal with both builds in question with a selfmade offmeta build...  YOU CAN DO IT GUYS! If Anet doesnt nerf them... find counters.  Their hella strong, but not immortal.

This is the answer. You changed your build to deal with them, and then are able to fight against them. This is what the people calling for nerfs are missing. Counters to these builds already exist, people just haven't moved to running them.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Thats cuz your g3.

Everyone playing the FotM is automatically slingshotted to plat. in Plat right now there indeed is ALOT of catas and defensebreakers.

but in the end ranking literally means nothing, also im high g3 rn its common to get matches againts p3 maybe even lege and on same match not rare to see g1 player also... since gamemode have very little players g1-lege are often in same matches

one good example was me and my friend got 3 times in row same 2x duo on enemy team all 4 being p3 mAT winners while us being g2-3

Edited by Dopamine.6324
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Every team in ATs having at least 1 spellbreaker, oftenly 2.

But this is just a l2p issue. These players just suck and have to get used to play against warriors... sure, sure.....

13 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

1. Catalyst
  2. Catalyst
  3. Tempest
  4. Spellbreaker
  5. Vindicator

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here what's going to happen, prolly a slight nerf to dragon's tooth (+50% cd -20% dmg) and the fix of los bugs. If they hit harder scepter all catas going back to hammer. 

Maybe a fix to spb stab trait, the condi one still left uncheck

Bunket chrono (which noone is talking about) waiting to be just as kitten once scepter cata and cc spb are nerfed

• Haha 2

I think shaving some of the damage off of the Defense line is really the only nerf for warrior right now that it needs. Bladesworn should get some love, and Berzerker also is still too gimicky.

Ele in general is a lot stronger- having scepter shredding almost one shotting people, Tempest being the best support option right now, and Cata still being overtuned as a brawler type (thereby making it an amazing duelist as a result).

Imo they should nerf something to do with Cata damage or sustain (or a bit of both), pull back on Dragon Tooth damage, and actually probably give Weaver a small buff to show that it is actually the right dueling spec for Ele. Not cata. 

Edited by gmmg.9210
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

That is, has always been, and always will be competitive games. Competitive anything really.
You're always gonna have a significant percentage of people who play whatever's on top at any given moment, it's unavoidable. Winning is fun, losing sucks.

The goal should be to try and keep everything close enough, so people who don't want to play fotm can still do relatively well and ideally outplay other people and win that way. You can do that with things like niches/roles, condi vs power builds, and so on. Cata being a sidenoder, Tempest being a teamfight or support build, things like that.

In a perfect world, any spec would be able to play any role just based on how they build, but I don't think that's very realistic. Instead I think you're better off just trying to make sure each spec has a role that it accomplishes decently. It's a bit boring if all the warrior specs are sidenoders, but if the difference between them aren't massive, then someone can pick whichever they want to have fun on without ruining everyone else's time.

Yeah and EoD made it far worse than it was at the end of PoF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gmmg.9210 said:

I think shaving some of the damage off of the Defense line is really the only nerf for warrior right now that it needs. Bladesworn should get some love, and Berzerker also is still too gimicky.

Ele in general is a lot stronger- having scepter shredding almost one shotting people, Tempest being the best support option right now, and Cata still being overtuned as a brawler type (thereby making it an amazing duelist as a result).

Imo they should nerf something to do with Cata damage or sustain (or a bit of both), pull back on Dragon Tooth damage, and actually probably give Weaver a small buff to show that it is actually the right dueling spec for Ele. Not cata. 

I'd bet a 5 secs icd on def stab trait and +50% cd -20% dmg on dragon's tooth, of course they can't just nerf everything to oblivion as an option

with aditional nerfs on the 2 ammo skills from scepter and like 10 secs icd on stab and halving stawart strenght and cull the weak plus some random nerfs to cata and spb traitline

5 hours ago, Cait Sith.4650 said:

Other than the comp, not sure what this shows.  

All this talk about rankings and I'm 3 minutes in and wondering what exactly the ele is doing here? Red never focuses them, and in fact straight up ignores it for the most part until they do actually focus it and they die.  

Watching a few more min they proceed to go over and sorta +1 far (for reasons unknown, as in what world is a solo thief getting a spellbreaker off side node by themselves anyway), they then get attention again (from said thief) and die while trying to go back mid.

This is showing me nothing except ele has some good kiting / defense abilities? The player sure seems to need them.

From what I see, yes the comp won them the game overall, but the other comp was striaght up random at best.  I think anything on comms would have beaten red lol.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6

9 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

From what I see, yes the comp won them the game overall, but the other comp was striaght up random at best.  I think anything on comms would have beaten red lol.  

Lol I know 3 from the red team from my unranked games and/or duel spot in wvw, they are monster players.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Started playing against Scepter Catas recently on necro, there is absolutely nothing you can do against them but die. They are immune/blocking over 60%+ of the time, they can't be statused, they can't be cc'd, they can't die, they can't lose any 1v1 regardless of the low skill ceiling. I was always a tempest and trying out other classes, this is the most ridiculous pile of garbage I have ever dealt with in any game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, satyricon.2981 said:

Started playing against Scepter Catas recently on necro, there is absolutely nothing you can do against them but die. They are immune/blocking over 60%+ of the time, they can't be statused, they can't be cc'd, they can't die, they can't lose any 1v1 regardless of the low skill ceiling. I was always a tempest and trying out other classes, this is the most ridiculous pile of garbage I have ever dealt with in any game.

as a necro you surely won't win

• Sad 2

On 1/6/2023 at 7:17 PM, Khalisto.5780 said:

as a necro you surely won't win

It is funny cause Necro was supposed to be the semi good counter to ele because of chill. When weaver was the top dog it was generally good idea to send a necro to the sidenode even though in all other sidenoder cases it was bad idea. 

• Like 1