Anyone else impatient for a Q1 2023 Road Map?

Uhm, crazy idea, u know that Anet employees are humans too. They deserve a holiday break.
We already know that next week, we're moving into Canthan New Year for couple of weeks. The next steps will get there when they get there.
With the teaser pick we got before Xmas, I think we already got more than enough for release that might come in couple of months. I'm curious, yes, not impacient.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

5 hours ago, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

Uhm, crazy idea, u know that Anet employees are humans too. They deserve a holiday break.
We already know that next week, we're moving into Canthan New Year for couple of weeks. The next steps will get there when they get there.
With the teaser pick we got before Xmas, I think we already got more than enough for release that might come in couple of months. I'm curious, yes, not impacient.

most people are working again tho. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

They sure pulled the Lunar New Year's festival early this year. Only 1 week break between Wintersday and it. I strongly expect there to be a new content release (new Canthan map) in early February. Them having pulled the festival to an earlier date so people won't have to play the festival together the new content release. Then SAB after that and filling the time in between until SAB (if there might be too long breaks without anyting) ... with "Rush" events.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Luthan.5236 said:

They sure pulled the Lunar New Year's festival early this year. Only 1 week break between Wintersday and it. I strongly expect there to be a new content release (new Canthan map) in early February. Them having pulled the festival to an earlier date so people won't have to play the festival together the new content release. Then SAB after that and filling the time in between until SAB (if there might be too long breaks without anyting) ... with "Rush" events.

The in-game Lunar New Year is always around the same time as the real-life one, which moves around compared to calendar years. This year it's 22nd January, which is almost the earliest it can be. It wouldn't surprise me if they do release something in February too, but I don't think that's why Lunar New Year is so close to Wintersday.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

Well, I wasn't talking to the ANet employees but to the players.

3 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Nah, game is pretty good right now. Some spvp balancing is due, for the rest there is plenty to do without adding new content.

I don't currently have anything to do except the same daily routine of Strike Missions and some map metas.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9

Hopefully we see some revamps and overhauls to EoD. Notably a big increase in map content (events, races, activities), sorting out the research notes catastrophe. Id also like to see DRMs removed and IBS properly finished off, but that’s a dream that won’t be realised.

Im all for new maps, but abandoning the more recent ones to empty obscurity seems a bizarre strategy. Players used to play core, hot, PoF just for fun and for the sake of playing. EoD doesn’t seem to have that. Players run in, do their objective - ignoring others en route, and leave.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Hopefully we see some revamps and overhauls to EoD. Notably a big increase in map content (events, races, activities), sorting out the research notes catastrophe. Id also like to see DRMs removed and IBS properly finished off, but that’s a dream that won’t be realised.

Im all for new maps, but abandoning the more recent ones to empty obscurity seems a bizarre strategy. Players used to play core, hot, PoF just for fun and for the sake of playing. EoD doesn’t seem to have that. Players run in, do their objective - ignoring others en route, and leave.

I agree with new maps...I love them but the EoD ones could use some help.  They desperately need more events.  Something to keep them flowing.  At the moment, unless there's a meta or levi farm going, people are barely there.  

15 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I was expecting we would get one on Tuesday, January 3rd, but it looks like we will have to wait at least another week or longer.

I am especially impatient for a new story release (and possible Strike Mission).

I'd give them longer.  Many people are still on winter vacation.  A roadmap, sure, but wouldn't expect one until after Lunar festival.

I'm kind of enjoying the pause...feels like we've gone through every month lately with a lot to do.  Very little time to pause and complete things I've wanted to work on.  To each their own on what they like to do with their time, and I know for many veterans they constantly want something new.  It starts to feel oversaturated with stuff though.

• Thanks 1

Whatever the road map is, it won't compare to Dragon Flights.

1 hour ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

game is on maitenance mode.

Has been since PoF release.

4 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Nah, game is pretty good right now. Some spvp balancing is due, for the rest there is plenty to do without adding new content.

There hasn't been a real content update since EoD released and EoD has zero long term reward goals besides legendaries , so I disagree.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 20

6 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Yeah. Who needs new content when we can cycle through tons of recycled festivals forever? Surely players would never quit such an engaging game!

Edited by Zaraki.5784
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7

18 hours ago, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

Are you kidding right? Those events are the same we have had for several years now. The only difference this year they remove the food, thing that I don't care much.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

Sign in maybe 1 or 2 times a week, and perhaps do dailies. More likely to just collect the log-in rewards, and sign off. I don't enjoy EoD, so for me the game has begun to feel stale. So stale in fact that at this point I have little interest in a road map, either.

I'll continue to check the forums for news every so often, but speaking for myself GW2 is very much on the back burner 😞

• Like 8
  • Confused 3

On 1/5/2023 at 12:42 AM, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

You mean...They're not android robots set on world domination?! And I thought the robo-pacalypse was finaly under way! 😕

On a more serious note, though...I'm waiting as patiently as I ever wait for the roadmaps of the future.  Which is to say, I'm good for now.  I mean, I do like them and am excited for when they come out, but I'm not in any sort of rush for them.  And I'm glad that Anet gets them out for us now to give us a heads up for what's ahead for the next few months.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, PhantomKitty.6520 said:

I mean, I do like them and am excited for when they come out, but I'm not in any sort of rush for them.  And I'm glad that Anet gets them out for us now to give us a heads up for what's ahead for the next few months.

I'm trying to keep myself busy with endgame content at the moment (map metas, strikes, fractals, the occasional raid), as I literally have nothing else left to do. That's why I am very much looking forward to learn more about the upcoming months. 🙂

Edit @ confused people 😂 : I am fully legendary and have ~40k AP. I literally don't have anything left to do, except HT CM, but haven't looked for a static team for that yet.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Honestly, not really.

It is going on a year since the last new content and it was (IMO) very bad. The last content before that was rushed and lackluster in the end. This was particularly unfortunate because IBS had been, again IMO, pretty decent up until the end.

So, recent track record has me not looking forward much to whatever is coming. If the glowing neon green aesthetic of Cantha, forced into even supposedly remote wilderness areas, continues then not even exploration will remain as a draw.

• Like 9
  • Confused 6