Anyone else impatient for a Q1 2023 Road Map?

1 hour ago, Pifil.5193 said:

So no road map for "a few weeks". So late February then? Seems like they've ran out of "easy" content to rerun and nothing new is close to ready.

Nah the have not run out there is always the rush events.

World boss and fractal could throw in meta event, dungeon or even raid wing now if they want.

• Confused 3

10 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Fractal Rush!!!11 😄

Or Meta Event Rush.

I'm all for a big fractal fiesta for sure !

But I'd rather have them rework the agony resistance system so that it is less a blocking point (for new players that have the skills) before 🙂

As for meta event rush, that would indeed be a nice idea to incentivize players to command squads

Edited by Colin.4568
  • Confused 2

All these people mentioning rush events and I’m still wondering why these aren’t automated on a schedule like festivals. 

It’s always been a bit strange to me that they selectively turn them on in between certain patch cycles when it could just be a consistent weekly event rotating. World boss/meta events/fractals/raids rewarding bonus shards/strikes, etc. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bast.7253 said:

All these people mentioning rush events and I’m still wondering why these aren’t automated on a schedule like festivals. 

It’s always been a bit strange to me that they selectively turn them on in between certain patch cycles when it could just be a consistent weekly event rotating. World boss/meta events/fractals/raids rewarding bonus shards/strikes, etc. 

That’s exactly what they were meant to be, but this new team/management seem to be vehemently against them and barely use them at all and no one really understands why. I can get the fractals one generating gold so being less used, but surely people playing takes precedence.

It’s not even a case of burn out on them. They just aren’t run despite being specifically designed to be able turn on between content drops.

Edited by Randulf.7614
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Bast.7253 said:

They aren't content and mobile game tier garbage.

• Like 3
  • Confused 9

6 hours ago, Zil.3071 said:

yes, there are soo many big important game changing things they can do, and direction to head.  but this jade bot in every city nonsense is a bad start , and i wonder what other bad idea they waste their time on tsk

I suppose you mean the jade bot terminals and I agree that it's not great because I prefer they took the whole terminal concept out of the game.

But considering the fact that you do still need those terminals to equip mods to you jade bot, it is a positive that they're doing this. Currently there are 2 places outside of Cantha where you can have access to a terminal, namely in your guild hall and the Thousand Seas Pavillion.

So you either need to be in a guild (that has it) or you need to pay gems for a pass. This update will at least make this more accessible. Again, I'd prefer they take it out entirely and let you upgrade it like the rest of your gear, but ok.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I suppose you mean the jade bot terminals and I agree that it's not great because I prefer they took the whole terminal concept out of the game.

But considering the fact that you do still need those terminals to equip mods to you jade bot, it is a positive that they're doing this. Currently there are 2 places outside of Cantha where you can have access to a terminal, namely in your guild hall and the Thousand Seas Pavillion.

So you either need to be in a guild (that has it) or you need to pay gems for a pass. This update will at least make this more accessible. Again, I'd prefer they take it out entirely and let you upgrade it like the rest of your gear, but ok.

You may be confusing this:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jade_Bot_Terminal

with this:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jade_Bot_Workbench

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Mmmmm, I'm very excited to see an entire year's worth of feedback and bug reports to result in another single line of text for Specter balance patch. But maybe they'll surprise us and give us tooltip updates and a few nerfs on things no one uses.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

On 1/23/2023 at 7:28 AM, IndigoSundown.5419 said:

It's highly likely that they had plans for Q1 '23 long before the holidays.  It's also possible for them to have written a roadmap for dissemination well before the holiday as well.  Seems they didn't.

Do holidays impact schedules?  Absolutely.  Do they make it impossible to inform customers about plans for the coming quarter at the start of the quarter?  Well, other companies manage it.  If they're so short-handed that a blog is above the pale and would have cost someone a holiday day, well, that's not a good sign.  If they don't have an internal roadmap to craft a blog from, well, that's not a good sign either.

Lots of companies do it and lots of companies don't.  Saying it's a bad sign assumes this is some kind of priority they can't get done. I think it's likely not a priority and most of what they're going to say, at least short term, is known already.

They're working on getting the next beta ready for alliances. This one will actually contain alliances.

We're getting a balance patch in two weeks and have already had a preview.

We're getting a new Canthan Zone and new story.

They've started working on the next expansion, but we won't be getting details on that now.

They're going to be updating the trading post.

They're finalizing the full transition to DX 11.

I also assume another Aurene weapon variant is coming, but I can't prove it.

It's not like the company hasn't given us information at all. It's that people think a roadmap is just something companies have to do.  It's something that some people want.

I like a road map too, but it was never a priority for me.

My guess is Anet has a date they want to provide information based on other information they have that we don't. For example, they might not have an exact date yet that the story will be ready because they ran into an unexpected problem. Just saying it's coming wouldn't do any good, so they delay the announcement until it's possible to accurately predict a date.

I'm not impatient for Q1 2023 road map. What i would like to see is for the complete removal of stealth mechanic. Since Guild Wars 2 beta, many of the community has warned that this mechanic would threaten the fun factor of the game and resulting in backfire against the health of the game including the community and it has. 10 years later, all Professions with stealth mechanic are being used to abuse the health of the game.

There is a say that says, "A spark can set a whole forest on fire. Just a spark. Save it"

Q1 2023 road map- Stealth Mechanic has been removed from all Professions in the game.

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6