Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Virt sPVP builds?


Javonovich.5280
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

For those of you using virt in spvp, I'm wondering what builds you've had some success with. Virt builds do not seem to be all that well described or all that diverse.

 

I've been using this with the most success: https://hardstuck.gg/gw2/builds/mesmer/virtuoso/ I just swap out the sinister for carrion for more survivability, and I like Signet of Illusions more than Blade Renewal. This is similar to what's on meta battle with the exception of some different rune/sigil choices: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Virtuoso_-_Condition_Signet_Virtuoso

 

I've tried using Chaos instead of insp, but I tend to find myself a pretty easy target. It's also hard to give up the synergy between Blurred Inscriptions and Master of Fragmentation.

 

Any advice?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cracks knuckles.

Condi Virtuoso:

Power Virtuoso:

You can swap Mass Invisibility to Signet of Humility on all builds except Condi Chaos Virtuoso.

 

These builds have all pulled lots of weight for me in different ways. Just less-so right now due to Catalyst and Tempest's current reign with Magnetic Aura.

 

Edit: I avoid using Blurred Inscriptions because it removes our ability to Contribute to Node Points when using Distortion. Instead I use the second utility to fill in my gaps and generate additional pressure. Illusionary Inspiration provides lots of healing per dodge, especially with Signet of Ether equipped, and reduces our downtime on providing node contribution.

 

Hope this helps!

Edited by Vinny.7260
Added additional information for my Inspiration build.
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Vinny.7260 said:

Cracks knuckles.

Condi Virtuoso:

Power Virtuoso:

You can swap Mass Invisibility to Signet of Humility on all builds except Condi Chaos Virtuoso.

 

These builds have all pulled lots of weight for me in different ways. Just less-so right now due to Catalyst and Tempest's current reign with Magnetic Aura.

 

Edit: I avoid using Blurred Inscriptions because it removes our ability to Contribute to Node Points when using Distortion. Instead I use the second utility to fill in my gaps and generate additional pressure. Illusionary Inspiration provides lots of healing per dodge, especially with Signet of Ether equipped, and reduces our downtime on providing node contribution.

 

Hope this helps!

 

This is immensely helpful! Thank you! On the condi builds, do you see any reason to go any ammy other than carrion? Also, do you have an opinion on power vs condi? For a while, I was thinking condi was dead with the last few patches, but I've actually been having more luck with condi than power for virt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Javonovich.5280 said:

This is immensely helpful! Thank you! On the condi builds, do you see any reason to go any ammy other than carrion? Also, do you have an opinion on power vs condi? For a while, I was thinking condi was dead with the last few patches, but I've actually been having more luck with condi than power for virt.

 

Carrion is the most damage available while also providing sustain. Wizard you give up 200 Condition Damage to gain 100 Power and 500 Precision... And then you lose 4000 HP.

Sinister doesn't provide any benefit since you lose all your sustain to get some Precision.

1200 Condition Damage, 900 Power, 900 Vitality vs 1200 Condition Damage, 900 Power, 900 Precision.

1000 Condition Damage 1000 Power, 500 Vitality, 500 Precision.

Since Condition Mesmer (in general) has a weakness of awful resustain, you just maximize your health pool to last as long as possible. Inspiration helps with this, but you're typically better just going something like Chaos to prevent taking damage at all.

You also go Dueling for constant blinds, bleeding, and different damage prevention.

 

Virtuoso's biggest issue, IMO, is that Psychic Riposte is bugged and doesn't provide unblockable if you press ANY button before pressing a Bladesong when gaining the buff.

The other issue it has is that it has low mobility and isn't about moving around and more about sidenoding.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Vinny.7260 said:

Virtuoso's biggest issue, IMO, is that Psychic Riposte is bugged and doesn't provide unblockable if you press ANY button before pressing a Bladesong when gaining the buff.

Huh, thank you! I have been wondering under what circumstance that it wouldn’t work, and so far I hadn’t figured it out, and it annoyed me a lot. I’ll keep this in mind. Knowing this will help a lot, so I can waste less opportunities.

Honestly, if this is the case, I would imagine it’s intended to work this way, just with poor wordings and the buff should immediately go away with any other skills, rather than lingering there to confuse people.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...