The Graphics improvements are good, But you're going to lose a Lot of players.

9 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

It would be helpful to quote the OP then than make a random post 4 pages in after a discussion about DX11 unrelated to hardware upgrades.

I mean, there's that discussion and then you posting this after it:

It's not unreasonable to think that you're speaking about them too and especially after seeing the posts that you made after when responding to me.

Learning how a forum works is a neat idea. Maybe you should engage in that activity?

Pro tip: If a post quotes nobody, and specifically mentions "the thread" or "the OP" or "this entire conversation", maybe they aren't speaking directly to you? Just maybe? Kinda?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Learning how a forum works is a neat idea. Maybe you should engage in that activity?

Pro tip: If a post quotes nobody, and specifically mentions "the thread" or "the OP" or "this entire conversation", maybe they aren't speaking directly to you? Just maybe? Kinda?

Yeah, learning how the forum works is a neat idea.

Pro tip: if you reply to "the thread" (and mention "4 pages" of it), you really should expect a response from any poster in that thread, instead of just OP. And if the response was not from the person you wanted to argue with, or not about stuff you wanted to argue about, then, well, maybe you should not have engaged back. And asking "how is this happening" when it was clearly a result of your own actions just shows you simply weren't paying attention.

Just to be clear, i generally agree with you that this whole thread is mostly about a complete nonissue, and is based on misinformations. Still, there's no reason to add to the misinformations, and getting all defensive when you're being called on it hardly helps your cause.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Sure. 
But I don't expect that any poster to pretend that I was only ever talking to them alone.

Ah, but you did start talking to them the moment you engaged with their initial response...

Also, while (again) i do think that the issue brought up in this thread is minor at best, mythical's comments about how dx11 may still not be stable enough for the switch are valid (even if i think the scale of the problems got overestimated). And they've had a point when they commented that you marginalizing it on the basis of being able to choose (when the whole thread is about Anet's announcement of that choice going away soon) does show your lack of understanding of what this discussion is even about.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3